Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD:

I made the mistake of reading all the responses before replying. I quickly was at way more than 4 in each park…. So I went with I only get to do four things in the park what are they.

Magic Kingdom
1. Pirates
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Jungle Cruise
4. People Mover

Animal Kingdom
1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. Flights of Passage
3. Expedition Everest
4. Dinosaur

I would have listed Festival of the Lion King. Was a family favorite, but several years ago my daughter had a horrible run in with a cast member in line for the show. They made her cry! She wanted to leave and every year declines trying it again. I still get mad when I think about it. Sadly, I used to absolutely love the show and it would have bumped Dinosaur.

SAFD: Do you know how hard this is?! This is like asking me to pick my favorite daughter.

Ugh

Okay, with the full disclosure that this list has changed a lot over time, here it goes.

MK:
Haunted Mansion (because I love the bad puns)
Pirates
Tea Cups and ... and ... hmm... oh this is so hard!
it's a small world!

AK (this one's a lot easier):
Safari
Lion King
Nemo
Tree of Life

Woof! That has got to count as cross training!

It looks like RunDisney has updated the information for Wine & Dine and based on what I'm seeing in that thread, I think there are a couple of items that may bear keeping in mind for Marathon Weekend, assuming RunDisney stays consistent (LOL, I know).

First off, the half marathon proof of time threshold of 2:30 introduced for the DL Halloween Weekend has been implemented for Wine & Dine. I think it's a relatively safe assumption that Marathon Weekend will see a PoT threshold of 2:30 for the half and 5:00 for the full and challenges. Potentially great news for those of us looking to establish a new PoT or if someone has one in that range already in hand.

Secondly, the PoT window for W&D closes May 1st. That's consistent with the DL Halloween race PoT window closing March 1st. It looks like RunDisney has moved to a 6 month window to help accommodate checking the additional PoT submissions. The biggest take home there is that we can expect the Marathon Weekend PoT window to close July 1st under that plan. No planning for an early fall PoT race. If you think you can hit the time, I'd strongly recommend doing it now and not risk waiting.

Last edited:
Secondly, the PoT window for W&D closes May 1st. That's consistent with the DL Halloween race PoT window closing March 1st. It looks like RunDisney has moved to a 6 month window to help accommodate checking the additional PoT submissions. The biggest take home there is that we can expect the Marathon Weekend PoT window to close June 1st under that plan. No planning for an early fall PoT race. If you think you can hit the time, I'd strongly recommend doing it now and not risk waiting.
I think this is going to take a POT off the table for me. Basically, I'd need to find a suitable memorial day weekend race, and I don't think I have time to adequately train to get under 2:30 in that little time.

I also think that if the window closes that early, they are going to have a LOT more people going to runner relations trying to get a corral bump from an early fall race.

Secondly, the PoT window for W&D closes May 1st. That's consistent with the DL Halloween race PoT window closing March 1st. It looks like RunDisney has moved to a 6 month window to help accommodate checking the additional PoT submissions. The biggest take home there is that we can expect the Marathon Weekend PoT window to close June 1st under that plan. No planning for an early fall PoT race. If you think you can hit the time, I'd strongly recommend doing it now and not risk waiting.

If anyone is looking for a good POT race, I have heard great things about the Buffalo marathon (and half marathon). And I'm not just saying that because it is our local race. I've never run it, but it is supposedly fast and flat. And I know that there is always a lot of crowd support. It is Memorial Day weekend, which can be hot (at least Buffalo hot), but they do start at 6:30 a.m., which helps.

If anyone decides to register, let me know. I'd love to try to meet up.

I think we’re going to see Dopey break the $700 barrier this race weekend, based on what’s happening with W&D.
last year W&D was $389 for the challenge, $399 if after the "price increase date" (which only matters to the sporadic openings.) This year it's starting at $400. I don't think we will see Dopey go up by $40 over last year as a starting price.

last year W&D was $389 for the challenge, $399 if after the "price increase date" (which only matters to the sporadic openings.) This year it's starting at $400. I don't think we will see Dopey go up by $40 over last year as a starting price.
IIRC, too, the price for the W&D races, especially the challenge and half, are inflated because they include the after party and a $25 gift card unless something has changed.

Yeah as I was digging back to compare W&D 2023 to 2024 I realized I was probably wrong about the price increases. Using W&D as a guide to sorta feel out what the price increases might look like for MW, from 2023 to 2024:

W&D
5k: 108-->112
10k: 151-->155
Half: 235-->240
Challenge: 389-->400

MW
5k: 108-->???
10k: 146-->???
Half: 219-->???
Full: 221-->???
Goofy: 432-->???
Dopey: 672-->???

I think I have these right at least, using old blog posts from other sites. Anyway... hopefully won't be that bad?

It looks like RunDisney has updated the information for Wine & Dine and based on what I'm seeing in that thread, I think there are a couple of items that may bear keeping in mind for Marathon Weekend, assuming RunDisney stays consistent (LOL, I know).

First off, the half marathon proof of time threshold of 2:30 introduced for the DL Halloween Weekend has been implemented for Wine & Dine. I think it's a relatively safe assumption that Marathon Weekend will see a PoT threshold of 2:30 for the half and 5:00 for the full and challenges. Potentially great news for those of us looking to establish a new PoT or if someone has one in that range already in hand.

Secondly, the PoT window for W&D closes May 1st. That's consistent with the DL Halloween race PoT window closing March 1st. It looks like RunDisney has moved to a 6 month window to help accommodate checking the additional PoT submissions. The biggest take home there is that we can expect the Marathon Weekend PoT window to close July 1st under that plan. No planning for an early fall PoT race. If you think you can hit the time, I'd strongly recommend doing it now and not risk waiting.
I was just coming here to give this same warning. Looks like fall 2024 races will be too late for PoT. The good news is that we know this now and there's still 10 weeks until May. Plenty of time to adjust your training schedule if you need a new PoT.

ETA - I picked May because June is too hot for racing in my neck of the woods. However, I do expect the PoT window to include most of June giving you ~18 weeks.

Last edited:
Quick question- I want to sign up for the marathon but haven't done one since 2019. I do have several half marathons with official times, though-- will that work for PoT for the marathon? Wasn't sure what Disney's rules are... Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter