Marathon Weekend 2025

Quick question- I want to sign up for the marathon but haven't done one since 2019. I do have several half marathons with official times, though-- will that work for PoT for the marathon? Wasn't sure what Disney's rules are... Thanks!
You can use official half marathon or 10 miler times as long as they fall within the time period designated for the race weekend, I recommend using the chart in the first post of this thread to figure out if your time works for POT.

It looks like RunDisney has updated the information for Wine & Dine and based on what I'm seeing in that thread, I think there are a couple of items that may bear keeping in mind for Marathon Weekend, assuming RunDisney stays consistent (LOL, I know).

First off, the half marathon proof of time threshold of 2:30 introduced for the DL Halloween Weekend has been implemented for Wine & Dine. I think it's a relatively safe assumption that Marathon Weekend will see a PoT threshold of 2:30 for the half and 5:00 for the full and challenges. Potentially great news for those of us looking to establish a new PoT or if someone has one in that range already in hand.

Secondly, the PoT window for W&D closes May 1st. That's consistent with the DL Halloween race PoT window closing March 1st. It looks like RunDisney has moved to a 6 month window to help accommodate checking the additional PoT submissions. The biggest take home there is that we can expect the Marathon Weekend PoT window to close July 1st under that plan. No planning for an early fall PoT race. If you think you can hit the time, I'd strongly recommend doing it now and not risk waiting.
Bad news good news for me. The bad is I had a September race as my fallback if I didn’t quite hit my POT goal (under 2:08) in May. The good news is I’m am already training for the May race plus I have a 2:09 POT from last fall that would get me into the new POT cutoff.

The pressure is on for me to have some good 10 milers in April and May! My last B-corral POT was from October 2021. Luckily I ran a marathon at exactly 5:00:00 in 2022. So worst case...I'd basically be the last POT bib for C corral, eh? :hyper: Truly toe-ing the line...

I'm fairly confident I'll do well enough in the 10 milers to get me a more guaranteed C-corral POT, but to get back into B I will need a good race and hopefully no snow/ice. Training is going pretty well but I seldom run at race pace so it's always a "trust the process" mindset.

My most recent PoT race, a 3:57 marathon from 2021, is leaving the acceptable time window. I've been focused so much on Dopey and ultras I haven't really run a road race for time since then. As a result, I was already looking to back off the distances some and try to hit a new PoT this spring. I've already got halfs scheduled in March and April and a marathon in May. After seeing more indications of RunDisney moving back towards a 5:00 PoT for the full/Goofy/Dopey, though, I went back and looked at my race history. Turns out I've got a half (2:17) and full (4:32) from Dopey 2022 that I can use to squeeze one more year of PoTs out of! Bonus! I'm still going to push for a new one in my upcoming races, but it's good to know the pressure is off a bit for 2025 at this point!

I have a C corral POT but one of my running goals this year was to secure a B corral time. I even said I wasn’t going to do anymore RunDisney races without a POT. The 2:30 time is a game changer for me! I’m only doing the half next year so I now have to decide what distance to race for that POT. I‘m already signed up for a 10k in April but am undecided about May, 10k again or 10 miler.

The new (possible) POT standards for MW are quite exciting as I have two qualifying marathon times at 4:40 & 4:43 placing me in the last POT corral hopefully. But I am running the Spring Surprise Challenge in April and was already working towards a strong effort in the 10 miler. If the POT limit is going to be 5:00 for marathon, 2:30 for half, what does that equate to for the 10 miler POT? If these new standards hold for MW, I think I am going to give the 10 Miler a PR effort and see if I can get a qualifying time for B corral.

The new (possible) POT standards for MW are quite exciting as I have two qualifying marathon times at 4:40 & 4:43 placing me in the last POT corral hopefully. But I am running the Spring Surprise Challenge in April and was already working towards a strong effort in the 10 miler. If the POT limit is going to be 5:00 for marathon, 2:30 for half, what does that equate to for the 10 miler POT? If these new standards hold for MW, I think I am going to give the 10 Miler a PR effort and see if I can get a qualifying time for B corral.
@DopeyBadger has calculated the probable cutoff times for M placement for POTs in the 10-mile, HM, and M distances. Full post here.

1708462172644.png

I have a 4:55 M from Jan 2023, and I'm hoping to get a ~2:13HM in April, both of which would put me solidly in C.

With the likely early PoT deadline, I doubt I'll be able to best that, but I'll be glad to get that placement after the last few years of non-POT corral placement!

If anyone is looking for a good POT race, I have heard great things about the Buffalo marathon (and half marathon). And I'm not just saying that because it is our local race. I've never run it, but it is supposedly fast and flat. And I know that there is always a lot of crowd support. It is Memorial Day weekend, which can be hot (at least Buffalo hot), but they do start at 6:30 a.m., which helps.

If anyone decides to register, let me know. I'd love to try to meet up.
I ran the Buffalo Half two years ago and recorded my then-PR. It was a good course and flat.

Like, I know there's no way I can hit a qualifying POT time for Springtime Surprise, but what if I tried anyway? :P
I say go for it!
You'll still get your medal! :P
Y'all are killing me! I literally laughed out loud at this. LMAO

Quick question- I want to sign up for the marathon but haven't done one since 2019. I do have several half marathons with official times, though-- will that work for PoT for the marathon? Wasn't sure what Disney's rules are... Thanks!
Looking @DopeyBadger chart I am right outside Corral C. I'm running a 10-miler in April (hopefully) and I think I'll run about an 11-minute mile, which will put me at 1 hour 50 minutes. If I can shave off about 4 minutes, I can make a POT. Woof. Now I have to ask @nancipants question - should I go for it? There's no Adventist Health at my race and the medal is just kinda meh 🤣

I say go for it!

Y'all are killing me! I literally laughed out loud at this. LMAO

Looking @DopeyBadger chart I am right outside Corral C. I'm running a 10-miler in April (hopefully) and I think I'll run about an 11-minute mile, which will put me at 1 hour 50 minutes. If I can shave off about 4 minutes, I can make a POT. Woof. Now I have to ask @nancipants question - should I go for it? There's no Adventist Health at my race and the medal is just kinda meh 🤣
4 minutes is almost 30 seconds/mile. That's not trivial! But still tempting.

I posted this on the Princess thread, too, but in order to get as much advice as possible, I’m asking here, too:

For anybody who’s done yoga—what’s it like getting out afterward? We’re staying at POFQ and I’m the only one doing yoga. The other three will want to take advantage of early entry at Epcot. Will I have time to get back, drop off the yoga mat in the room, change clothes, and get on a bus to take advantage of early entry? Would I do better to go on to Epcot, rent a jumbo locker for the yoga mat, and wait for the others?

Here's a quick wrap-up of last week's SAFD results before we move on to this week's question. We had 40 votes submitted for the Kingdom Bracket favorite attractions poll! There was a surprise in each set of votes:

In the Magic Kingdom, Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou Adventure surfed a wave of nostalgia to make it into the top four. Will that nostalgia be able to sustain the momentum needed to advance against the other Magic Kingdom heavyweights? Will Tiana maintain the magic of the briar patch when she takes over ownership of the ride? We'll have to see!

In the Animal Kingdom, there were three dominant attractions. The Maharajah Jungle Trek eked out a "best of the rest" performance to make the top four, though! Will the crouching tigers be enough for the Trek to put in a hidden dragon performance when the chips are down and the voting starts? That question and more will be answered in March.

Each attraction was awarded 7 points for a 1st place vote, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd and 1 for 4th, with total points being tallied for their overall score. Here are the results for each park, with the attractions advancing to March Magical Madness highlighted in green.

1708877229433.png

1708877262571.png

Good morning RunDisney All-Stars! Welcome to this week's edition of Sundays are for Disney (SAFD). Last week we started building our brackets for March Magical Madness and this week we'll finish the job. Next week we'll go with a running question as a palate cleanser before getting down to the business of deciding our ultimate attraction. This week we'll fill out the Skyliner Bracket with our favorites from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. What are your top four favorite attractions in each park? Please list them in order and no ties, please.

SAFD:
For all that Epcot is my 2nd favorite park, attractions are kind of hard to come by for me there. I love the ambience and being able to wander the World Showcase and eat at the different nations. Here's my list of "less than thrill ride" attractions:
  1. Spaceship Earth
  2. Soarin' (yes, I rode this once)
  3. Gran Fiesta Tour
  4. Living With the Land
Hollywood Studios is another tough one for me to pick out attractions, but I think it'll come down to these:
  1. Rise of the Resistance (yes, I rode this once, and wow!)
  2. Toy Story Midway Mania
  3. Muppet Vision
  4. Indiana Jones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter