Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD:

Ironically, I love EPCOT and it is one of my favorite parks to go be in, but not because of the attractions! The atmosphere and food are top-tier.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (I have two more songs left!)
2. Soarin'
3. Living with the Land
4. Test Track (OG version would have bumped it up to Number 2 for me!)

Hollywood Studios has a ton of big e-ticket attractions, but here is my lineup!

1. Rise of Resistance
2. Tower of Terror
3. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
4. Rock 'n Roller Coaster

SAFD:

Epcot
1. Guardians (It feels so cliche to pick this since practically everyone else has, but I just love it too much)
2. Soarin'
3. Test Track
4. Remy

Hollywood Studios
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Tower of Terror
3. Rock N' Rollercoaster
4. Rise (although I hardly do this one anymore because the line is too long and I don't want to pay for it)

As an aside to the MF:SR talk… as a single rider 99% of the time, I’m almost always an Engineer - and I LOVE it! Low stress, little to do but geek out on the experience. Like, I’m genuinely just happy to be in the cockpit lol! A pre-run boozy blue milk ups the fun quotient exponentially.

As an aside to the MF:SR talk… as a single rider 99% of the time, I’m almost always an Engineer - and I LOVE it! Low stress, little to do but geek out on the experience. Like, I’m genuinely just happy to be in the cockpit lol! A pre-run boozy blue milk ups the fun quotient exponentially.
Honestly, I think if they spiced up the gunner roles a bit, it would solve a lot of complaints.

Some people want to just sit and watch, some people really want to pilot, some people want to shoot at stuff.

The problem right now is just that it isn't balanced.

Honestly, I think if they spiced up the gunner roles a bit, it would solve a lot of complaints.

Some people want to just sit and watch, some people really want to pilot, some people want to shoot at stuff.

Agreed. As a single rider, I wind up as engineer every time. I need to just ask if I can be a pilot once.

Agreed. As a single rider, I wind up as engineer every time. I need to just ask if I can be a pilot once.
IIRC, they'll let you do that, but they'll hold you until the next ship. Similar to requesting the back row on Everest, or a middle section on Soarin'. I'm not sure if being a single rider makes any difference in that, though.

IIRC, they'll let you do that, but they'll hold you until the next ship. Similar to requesting the back row on Everest, or a middle section on Soarin'. I'm not sure if being a single rider makes any difference in that, though.
I think if you go through the single rider line, you have to take what you get, but if you go through the full queue, you should be able to make requests for Smuggler’s Run

If only there was some sort of source material that would show what it would be like as a gunner on the Falcon instead of pushing a flashing button . . .

1709139708472.gif

If only there was some sort of source material that would show what it would be like as a gunner on the Falcon instead of pushing a flashing button . . .

View attachment 837555
If they made this there would be fights to be the gunners (yes, I mean between myself and my family) and I would never be able to take anyone arguing Rise>MF:SR seriously again.:rotfl2:

View attachment 837555
I can see it now!

The firing mechanism is the most state-of-the-art video game control apparatus ever conceived. This exciting new 'activation' will allow guests to truly live their Star Wars fantasy in a way never before possible. With multi-dimensional rotation, haptic feedback, and tight integration into the high-definition game display screen, our guests will feel like they are truly a part of the story.

(3 months after opening, the controllers broke down so badly that the ride was moved permanently into 'B mode', wherein guests just blindly mash a button.)

I've gotten to pilot because the standard queue didn't have anyone ready so they filled pods entirely with single riders. Not sure how rare that is but it was neat, was my second opportunity to pilot and went MUCH better than the first time, after realizing how sensitive the controls were. I think reducing the sensitivity would solve some of the issues with the ride, you absolutely aren't prepared for how rough it can be the first time, and the fact that young kids who have no sense of this end up getting to pilot doesn't help.

(On another note: changing the mission would be nice too)

I think if you go through the single rider line, you have to take what you get, but if you go through the full queue, you should be able to make requests for Smuggler’s Run
I’ve been asked at various times by CMs if I’d like to be a pilot… honestly, no - I have way more fun sitting in the back and letting the hilarity of two 8yos piloting ensue! :rotfl2:
I can see it now!

The firing mechanism is the most state-of-the-art video game control apparatus ever conceived. This exciting new 'activation' will allow guests to truly live their Star Wars fantasy in a way never before possible. With multi-dimensional rotation, haptic feedback, and tight integration into the high-definition game display screen, our guests will feel like they are truly a part of the story.

(3 months after opening, the controllers broke down so badly that the ride was moved permanently into 'B mode', wherein guests just blindly mash a button.)
See also: Disco Yeti

SAFD:

Epcot (we were just there on Monday!). Princess Weekend was great, but now we’re driving home).
1. Spaceship Earth
2. The Land
3. Remy
4. Test Track

I haven’t been on Guardians, so I can’t rank it.

Hollywood
1. Star Tours
2. MMRR
3. Muppets
4. Indiana Jones

I don’t have super strong feelings about this list. I like Hollywood, but it’s my least favorite of the four parks. I think I’d enjoy Slinky Dog, but I haven’t ridden it because it was closed because of lightning on the one visit I’ve had in the last several years.

SAFD

ECPOT
This is tough. I think I’m the minority here, but Epcot is my least favorite park. I want to love it, but since we tend to be there for weekends during festivals or Rundisney it’s always mobbed and I’m miserable.

1. Guardians by a long shot, the rest are all pretty much tied for second
2.Remy
3. Soarin
4. Test Track(og version would be #2)

DHS
1. Rise
2. Tower of Terror
3. Slinky
4. Minnie and Mickeys Railway
I do actually really love Star Tours. But it’s not on the list since it makes me feel horrible afterwards.

If you can get a full group and work together, though, you can actually affect the outcome quite a bit. My nephews, DH, dad and step-mom once got the second highest possible score and all the CMs were commenting about it as we left, high-fiving us, etc. Apparently hardly anyone had done it before. I knew we did well but had no idea it was such a big deal, or I'd have taken a pic of the console!

We've tried several times for the Chewie easter egg but have never managed to make it work. For me, these things add to the re-rideability, which is a huge factor. It nearly made my list just for that, but it's hard to fill a car with a whole group who will actually follow instructions.

That's also why I love TSMM so much. DH and I work together to open up all the extra scoring opportunities.
No, I'm not at all competitive. Why do you ask? :D
Had the chewie easter egg last time i was in DL. It was hysterical and amazing. But hard to get. Basically no one can press any buttons when they first light up and then they have to be pressed in a specific order. Unfortunatly i dont remember the order cause the cast member did them for us 🤣.

Just found out that All Star Music has family suites. Has anyone stayed in one? What are your thoughts? I like AoA suites but the price is better on these.

Had the chewie easter egg last time i was in DL. It was hysterical and amazing. But hard to get. Basically no one can press any buttons when they first light up and then they have to be pressed in a specific order. Unfortunatly i dont remember the order cause the cast member did them for us 🤣.
That is awesome you got it!

We know the order and even had a cast member confirm AND do it for us once, but still no luck. They said it only works about 80% of the time even if you do it correctly. More incentive to keep riding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter