Marathon Weekend 2025

I wonder how much love Goofy will get for the anniversary. I laughed when I saw the one little booth for Goofy bib pick ups this year! It still sells out but obviously they don’t have as many goofy bibs, wonder if they’ll allocate more since it’s an anniversary. I’m guessing not but who knows? I’m a sucker for anniversaries so I hope the medal is good! Which would only mean yet another medal pin I’d have to purchase :rotfl:

I wonder how much love Goofy will get for the anniversary. I laughed when I saw the one little booth for Goofy bib pick ups this year! It still sells out but obviously they don’t have as many goofy bibs, wonder if they’ll allocate more since it’s an anniversary. I’m guessing not but who knows? I’m a sucker for anniversaries so I hope the medal is good! Which would only mean yet another medal pin I’d have to purchase :rotfl:
I think goofy may have been the first thing that sold out for the past MW(?)....and we suspected that it was because of it being the first/special C2C return and with the DL races the following weekend. DH doesn't want to even talk about MW until after our spring break trip is over (he better be prepared for me to badger him on the plane/drive home!) But I'm wanting to do Goofy, and I'm slightly nervous of it being in high demand again simply because of the anniversary year.

I think goofy may have been the first thing that sold out for the past MW(?)....and we suspected that it was because of it being the first/special C2C return and with the DL races the following weekend. DH doesn't want to even talk about MW until after our spring break trip is over (he better be prepared for me to badger him on the plane/drive home!) But I'm wanting to do Goofy, and I'm slightly nervous of it being in high demand again simply because of the anniversary year.
Looking at the Historical Sell Out thread, it looks like Goofy sold out first last year - but as you said, maybe C2C? For 2023 it sold out 5 min after Dopey and 2022 it took 2.5 days.

Are there any other charities that have a similar model (ahem, and price) to SCF? T&LC was another lower-threshold one last year, but they don't have Goofy listed, and I really don't think I want to do Dopey this year.

I ran Dopey with "A Running Passion" this year for 2024, only for the reason that they had the lowest fundraising requirement out of all the charities I checked.

WALT DISNEY WORLD® Marathon $900 (includes race registration fee)
WALT DISNEY WORLD® Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge (Half Marathon and Marathon) $1000 (includes race registration fee)
WALT DISNEY WORLD® Dopey Challenge (5K,10K, Half Marathon, and Marathon) $1200 (includes race registration fee)

They don't seem to have their 2025 bibs available to register yet though.

Finally getting back to the board! Been away for a few weeks visiting my son at college and watching him play baseball. Just got back and ready to get into register mode for MW 2025! While away visiting my son, really didn't have a ton of opportunity to run between his games, having to work, and then playing host to family. Today was my first run in about a month. That was rough. LOL.

Would be intresting to see (although I'm too lazy to go do it myself) if finishing numbers inidcate a higher number of bibs for a race in an anniversary year. I suspect DIsney doesn't factor it in when they decide their numbers each year. And in this case, because Dopey includes the Goofy medal too, it's to Disney's advtantage to not increase the Goofy numbers so that a Goofy sellout pushes more people to the more expensive Dopey option (although I know that will have no trouble selling out on it's own).

I do think the C2C factored into the Goofy sellout timing last year and I would expect the anniversary year this year to have a similar impact. Although I would also guess that anyone coming back for the anniversary year (coming back, meaning they don't do MW every year) will still opt to end up registering for Dopey if they are coming back to maximize their medals for the weekend. But who really knows. 🤷‍♂️

Are there any other charities that have a similar model (ahem, and price) to SCF? T&LC was another lower-threshold one last year, but they don't have Goofy listed, and I really don't think I want to do Dopey this year.
Sure you do. All the cool kids are doing the Dopey.
(says the guy who is going to do just the Goofy)...

:P

Sure you do. All the cool kids are doing the Dopey.
(says the guy who is going to do just the Goofy)...

:P

Sigh... That word 'Just.' It really takes on a new meaning at RunDisney events. Our first was just a half marathon at Wine and Dine. After that we did challenges and that fateful word can't up again... Just the Marathon?
Sigh.... lol

Sigh... That word 'Just.' It really takes on a new meaning at RunDisney events. Our first was just a half marathon at Wine and Dine. After that we did challenges and that fateful word can't up again... Just the Marathon?
Sigh.... lol
If it makes you feel better, I for one plan on running 'just' the marathon again in 2025.

- This is a 10-day vacation for my family of 6, and I don't want to spend half of it going to bed early or asking my wife deal with the kids on her own!

- I intend to race the marathon and want fresh legs (or as fresh as they can be on day 4 of a WDW vacation)

Justice for 'Just Marathoners'!

If it makes you feel better, I for one plan on running 'just' the marathon again in 2025.

- This is a 10-day vacation for my family of 6, and I don't want to spend half of it going to bed early or asking my wife deal with the kids on her own!

- I intend to race the marathon and want fresh legs (or as fresh as they can be on day 4 of a WDW vacation)

Agree 1000% and for these reasons. I love doing the marathon ONLY (as opposed to "just the marathon") during MW. If you prefer, you can say you are "focusing on the marathon" or "concentrating on the marathon". I don't get a 10-day vacation surrounding MW, so those early wake-ups take up an even bigger proportion of the trip for me. And I hate going to bed when everybody else is going to dinner or getting treats or using a lightning lane! The marathon covers all the bases: all 4 parks!

I looved doing "just" the marathon in 2024. I would soo repeat that again.
Saying that I am going for Dopey 2025... lol. I only plan on doing it once. Famous last words I know but I am a history teacher... so taking this time off right after winter break is really not great. That is why just doing the marathon is great... less time off of work. Dopey is just to much time off of work to do it regularly.
But to be real honest I just love half marathon challenges rundisney does ... that is my real bread and butter. I feel like that is my perfect level of challenge and training does not take up my life like marathon and Dopey training does.

Sigh.... lol

I find the use of the word "just" pretty annoying and sometimes snobbish. And I say this as someone who has cycled through all the challenges at RD. I know that maybe most of the times it is used as a qualifier without any pejorative meaning, but it's easy to hear a tone in it that can be discouraging to some race participants.

Anyway, if I show up at MW25, I will only be doing the 0.0 (unless they release a can't miss theme for something shorter than the marathon, then who knows!)

But to be real honest I just love half marathon challenges rundisney does ... that is my real bread and butter. I feel like that is my perfect level of challenge and training does not take up my life like marathon and Dopey training does.
I had actually decided that I was done with Marathon distance and would focus on HM, but then I got it in my head that I want to run a sub-4hr Marathon before I turn 40, and that's only a couple of years away, so... there I am! Ask me how I feel about that decision in November or December. 😂

I did my first Goofy this year and that was my first marathon too (which I really enjoyed). I thought if that went well I would go for Dopey next year. But I am actually a little sad that I don’t have an individual marathon bib. I like my bibs as much as I like my medals. 😃 So then I thought I would do the 10k and the marathon instead. I like both those distances and get a day off in between. But now I’m having FOMO of missing out on the anniversary of Goofy. 😩 So maybe I should just go ahead and do Dopey. Or maybe Goofy again. I guess it will all come down to what the themes look like and how registration goes.

The thought process of a lot of us around here :rotfl: Oh, I’m going to WDW? Might as well just run 48.6 miles! :hyper:
Totally! I do not make it to WDW but every few years and if I’m coming to race, why not do them all? 😂
Writing this as I prepare for my third marathon this morning after doing an 8K yesterday. I get to call myself a whale since I’m completing the Whale Challenge. 🐋 (first challenge ever) Hoping for a PR and a good POT so I can get a decent corral if I can register for MW.

For those that have experience running with a charity at runDisney, how does the registration process work? Do you get a link before or after general registration date? Is everything else normal… for example submitting a proof of time and corral placement? Just curious how this has typically worked for those that have done it before. Thanks

For those that have experience running with a charity at runDisney, how does the registration process work? Do you get a link before or after general registration date? Is everything else normal… for example submitting a proof of time and corral placement? Just curious how this has typically worked for those that have done it before. Thanks
Have run for several different charities and each does things a little different, but here's my experience:

- Typically registration links come after general registration. RD has contracts with the charities guaranteeing each a certain number of bibs, so there's no rush for them to get the actual registration links out. Gives those of us running through charity something to stress about as you see everyone else get their registration confirmation.
- Once you get your registration link from the charity the process is the exact same on the website including POT, t-shirt size, etc.
- Even once they get the registration links, charities vary in when they will send them. Some, especially those that require a credit card to charge any shortfall in your fundraising at deadline, will send them to participants almost immediately. Others won't send it to you until you hit your minimum or a certain % of your minimum.
- I've never had an issue, but only snafu I could theoretically see is delay in getting registration link causing someone to miss POT deadline, especially as RD seems to be making that deadline much ealrier this year. I'm sure they must have a way to deal with it and have never heard any complaints, but something to keep an eye on if using a POT for earlier start group is important to you.

- I've never had an issue, but only snafu I could theoretically see is delay in getting registration link causing someone to miss POT deadline, especially as RD seems to be making that deadline much ealrier this year. I'm sure they must have a way to deal with it and have never heard any complaints, but something to keep an eye on if using a POT for earlier start group is important to you.
This was recently discussed on rise and run podcast and I think they referenced submitting a POT after the deadline had passed, so that's definitely a thing. It's just like if you register in, say, November, when something randomly opens up.

I do wonder if they will give MW a later/longer deadline since it involves a MARATHON and would give people more time to train for a POT race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter