Marathon Weekend 2025

I think it's confusing as well. Maybe they will for "just" a half? Seems like 10mi is the shortest they'll take for the M or challenges. Might be worth an email to trackshack....
I just confirmed that 12 & 15K are not mentioned on the W&D page so I'm guessing their omission in what distance for what race is just a lack of updating old content. It is nice to see them including more distances so folks have more choices.

15K is really close to 10M so it's possible that's included in Marathon POT but who really knows. Hopefully there's some clarity in the coming weeks.

Regardless, it doesn't really impact me as those are not race distances offered around here. I've run exactly one 15K literally a decade ago and 0 12Ks.

....Okay now my brain is spinning... Could this mean springtime surprise could change up their distances? I could see why they wouldn't offer distances that couldn't be used for POT. Let the rumors begin!

Anyone considering for trying for a POT who would historically have not submitted one? Looking at the POT post, it appears Billy has already updated it with the new standards and it's looking like a 2:22 HM would be the equivalent for the marathon/challenges.

I'm something like 20min off of that for a PT in the half, but I've also never trained for a race for time. So now I have to evaluate all of my life choices for the next 3 months and decide if I should upend everything to try for one.....

(And I definitely haven't considered muling my 16 year old for a POT. :rotfl2: )

Last edited:
As I haven't registered for one of the rD races in a while, I'm looking for tips to help make sure I get registered. I'm sure there is a thread with this info already-- could anyone share this with me? I have 5 devices in my house I'm planning on using, plus hopefully my parents' devices as well, but any other info would be appreciated. I'm planning on registering for 'just' the marathon. Thanks!

Anyone considering for trying for a POT who would historically have not submitted one? Looking at the POT post, it appears Billy has already updated it with the new standards and it's looking like a 2:22 HM would be the equivalent for the marathon/challenges.

I'm something like 20min off of that for a PT in the half, but I've also never trained for a race for time. So now I have to evaluate all of my life choices for the next 3 months and decide if I should upend everything to try for one.....
Where do you see this post?

As I haven't registered for one of the rD races in a while, I'm looking for tips to help make sure I get registered. I'm sure there is a thread with this info already-- could anyone share this with me? I have 5 devices in my house I'm planning on using, plus hopefully my parents' devices as well, but any other info would be appreciated. I'm planning on registering for 'just' the marathon. Thanks!
Third post of this thread is a good starters guide.

Did the POT limit get extended? I thought they required a 2:15 or lower POT for the half, but I saw 2:30 when I registered for the W&D last week. I've run a 2:19 half, so I was going to try to push it a bit, but maybe I can already submit a POT.

Did the POT limit get extended? I thought they required a 2:15 or lower POT for the half, but I saw 2:30 when I registered for the W&D last week. I've run a 2:19 half, so I was going to try to push it a bit, but maybe I can already submit a POT.
Yes, they have extended it to 2:30 for all races so far for the 2024/2025 season

RunDisney Instagram posted the themes in their story, with the initial pictures from the rD website (with the grey half marathon). So I guess they may keep us guessing until they post the shirts in January :hyper:

I am excited! I like the art work, especially the marathon. I am a bit bummed on the 7/1 deadline for POT though. I was hoping to run a local half in September that is pretty fast. I guess now I need to take the 10-miler at Springtime Surprise more seriously and see if I can get a POT. If not there then I need to find a June half that will work.

Not sure how I feel about the artwork yet. Love the retro theme but not crazy about the Dopey one. I really liked the artwork from this year.

Question about the cost…it says it includes the platform fee. I’m guessing they would have to charge tax too? So the $688 for Dopey would be more if I’m correct. If they charge tax, what’s the percent?

I am excited! I like the art work, especially the marathon. I am a bit bummed on the 7/1 deadline for POT though. I was hoping to run a local half in September that is pretty fast. I guess now I need to take the 10-miler at Springtime Surprise more seriously and see if I can get a POT. If not there then I need to find a June half that will work.
RunMichiganCheap has a half in Suttons Bay on 6/30 (a Sunday) on the TART trail. Some road crossings, and really close to Cherry Fest, so probably $$$$ for a hotel, but is currently $30. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it for me to try for a POT or if that's [currently] a pipe dream, based on my current fitness.

Charlevoix half is in mid-June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter