Marathon Weekend 2025

I have no dislike for the artwork, I like the color scheme… but not a bit of it says “Nostalgia” to me. :confused3 Maybe I’m just, you know… old?! :rotfl:

I remain faithfully Club No PoT and will offer my usual wisdom to anyone worried about not being able to get a PoT: I’ve been happily finishing races for a good decade or so minus any PoT. Trust the training, keep an eye on your time if you intend to make stops, go with the flow. You do not need PoT to have a great rD race, I promise!

I do wish I had more time to consider things. Because if I do any races, it will only be one, and I wasn’t planning to run the half - but I am planning to spectate the full and that fits more neatly with running the half for minimizing hotel nights than doing the 10K. I also kind of feel like I “need” a do-over after this year’s Half(of a half). Hmmm…

What are the drop down choices for race distances in the POT area for W&D? I thought they had stopped accepting 12K and 15K a few years ago, but there is never any consistency with RD.

The themes are okay, but I was planning on signing up for Dopey no matter what they were.

I had been looking into buying a 2022 MW jacket, which, yes, I hadn't done when I actually ran those races, and there is only one available on eBay in my size right now and it is $250... way, WAY too expensive for something like this at this point. This theming is way more up my alley though so I have a feeling I should just wait and see (and maybe even preorder!) with this one.

1710874758039.png

CLEAN.

Yes. 10k has historically been useable for "just" the HM, and according to the language on the website, it is still acceptable.

Don't sweat the USATF. As long as it's chip-timed and has results published online, you're good. (Forcing the issue with USATF would discount international runners....forcing them to run a POT in the states.)
Thanks for that! my race in april I just noticed wasn't USATF approved. I was wondering whether or not to even run it or try and find a USATF race.

I’m planning on doing the 10k with my niece and Half with my nephew next year. Probably won’t do any more than that unless a bout of insanity hits me on registration day. I like the themes, but you never really know what the shirts, merch, and medals will look like until Marathon Weekend. I thought the 90’s theme a couple years ago looked really awesome at introduction and then felt really disjointed in their execution when the weekend finally rolled around.

Is he wrong?

Remember, this is a safe, no judgement zone!

Even if he's not wrong, there's plenty of time to see those other places...
My wife was long resistant to my Disney "obsession". After a few visits in 2017/2018, she didn't want to go back. The only way I got her to agree was by signing up for the RunDisney Half Marathon (I'd never run a mile in my entire life!) as motivation to get in shape.

Even then, she insisted that it was mostly for the kids, and we would never want to go to WDW by ourselves.

But then... last year, we stayed at WDW for our anniversary, and this year she insisted that we do so again.

And then... when we had our fourth baby in December, she's the one who insisted on "Marceline" as the middle name.

And then... she made a whole wishlist of original artwork by Marc Davis, Alice Davis, and Mary Blair from the auction coming up next month.

What have I done?!?!?? 😂

What are the drop down choices for race distances in the POT area for W&D? I thought they had stopped accepting 12K and 15K a few years ago, but there is never any consistency with RD.
I just went and checked on my W&D registration and the options are 10K, 10-miler, half marathon, and full marathon.

SAFD
Spaceship Earth
Toy Story Mania
Big Thunder
Safari

I’m pretty happy with the artwork! The Marathon and Challenge designs are the best for me, really like the retro sporty vibe and the Dopey artwork is a nice change.

POT for 01/07 is a killer, shall have to go hunting June races, there is a fun one in Bath where you run through old railway tunnels I might finally hit go on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter