Marathon Weekend 2025

Here is one that I am going to do to try and get a POT... if anyone else wants to sign up...
It is all downhill. I plan on bracing my knees and do some downhill training for this race.
It is in June in Colorado. So heat will be okay but elevation is high... but again all down hill ;)
https://www.slackerhalfmarathon.com/
I'll add another for anyone looking for a downhill. I did it in 2019 and really enjoyed it. The mountain was pretty and the weather was perfect. My quads were trashed for weeks, but it was a great POT for a while. If you like shirts and medals, the shirt is probably one of the softest race shirts I own and the medal was pretty.

http://www.teardrophalf.com/

Thanks for looking! That’s what I thought I saw for the September DL races, but my memory isn’t the best 😂
This doesn't really confirm anything for MW though. The W&D page doesn't list 12&15K as options on the PoT section so I wouldn't expect it to be available in the registration. I believe this is something new they're trying for MW. (But I wouldn't be surprised to be proven wrong on registration day 🤣)

Another potential POT race would be the Buffalo marathon on May 26th. (The marathon is full, but the half is still available.) It is Memorial Day weekend.

Although it is my hometown race, I've never run it, but I have heard that it is very fast and very flat with excellent crowd support. They start at 6:30 a.m. and they have been promoting that the average start temp is 62 degrees. If anyone does wind up entering, let me know. I'd love to meet up!

Another potential POT race would be the Buffalo marathon on May 26th. (The marathon is full, but the half is still available.) It is Memorial Day weekend.

Although it is my hometown race, I've never run it, but I have heard that it is very fast and very flat with excellent crowd support. They start at 6:30 a.m. and they have been promoting that the average start temp is 62 degrees. If anyone does wind up entering, let me know. I'd love to meet up!
I ran the half a couple of years ago. I set my then-PR at that race. It is flat and has good crowd support.

This doesn't really confirm anything for MW though. The W&D page doesn't list 12&15K as options on the PoT section so I wouldn't expect it to be available in the registration. I believe this is something new they're trying for MW. (But I wouldn't be surprised to be proven wrong on registration day 🤣)
I’m Gold CRD so I’ll report back in two weeks 👍 I swear I remember them phasing out the weird distances a few years ago. I remember seeing posts on FB about people getting improperly seeded using 15K POT. they were being penalized because rD was taking the 15K finish time and putting it into their calculator as a 10K finish time instead to get a half finish time estimate.

Anyone considering for trying for a POT who would historically have not submitted one? Looking at the POT post, it appears Billy has already updated it with the new standards and it's looking like a 2:22 HM would be the equivalent for the marathon/challenges.

I'm something like 20min off of that for a PT in the half, but I've also never trained for a race for time. So now I have to evaluate all of my life choices for the next 3 months and decide if I should upend everything to try for one.....

(And I definitely haven't considered muling my 16 year old for a POT. :rotfl2: )
[raises hand]
I've never had a POT for a half for MW, but I'd like to. Why? Just general principles. And maybe to start in an earlier corral and build up a lead over my son....

Here is one that I am going to do to try and get a POT... if anyone else wants to sign up...
It is all downhill. I plan on bracing my knees and do some downhill training for this race.
It is in June in Colorado. So heat will be okay but elevation is high... but again all down hill ;)
https://www.slackerhalfmarathon.com/
Good lord, my quads are crying just thinking about that.

I had contemplated the Garden of the Gods 10k for something different, not a POT, but that ascent has my calves crying.

I'll stick with as flat as I can get ;-)

What have I done?!?!?? 😂
You have done good work! 🤣

I have always been the one in my family to be, well, let’s say Disney focused… RunDisney only amplified this. My wife was always saying, really you want to go on another trip to Disney?

But I could always tell she wanted to go to, even if I had to take the blame. Then one day while I was at work I got a text from her. She said “I just did something”. When I responded with what did you do, I learned she (all on her own) had set up a phone meeting with DVC!

Boom! Disney for life, or at least until 2058.

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named on the rD boards made a breakdown of the cost per mile for each race on their IG stories. So I told my husband "See, only 8.62$/mile, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of that, The marathon has such a good value!"
The marathon really is a great deal (for disney)... only a couple dollars more than the half marathon for the double the length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter