Marathon Weekend 2025

I know this isn't the poll, but need to share.
I want to go do Goofy in Jan 2025 because anniversary, and because, well, I had so much fun this past Jan. (In no small part due to you guys).
Now I have my younger son saying that he'll go down to MW with me and we'll do the half together! I'm so pumped to do that with him. Hopefully I can also get him to drag himself out of bed on Sunday morning to come cheer for me and the rest of you.
But wait, there's more!
I have a co-worker who is also a Disney fan and he and his family make a trip to WDW each year. (Two years ago, their trip overlapped with MW and we caught up in Epcot after the marathon. ) Well, his wife and a daughter have decided to do MW in Jan 2025. Besides you guys, I'll have people I know at MW! Plus I'll get time in the parks with my son for the first time in about 16 years. So cool.

Back to the poll. FWIW, the DW and I went to AK last month and that was the first time I've been on the safari in 15 or 16 years, and it was great! Nearly all of the animals were out, and the young gorillas were active and cutting up, and we had a giraffe block the road for a few minutes, which made for a bunch of great photos. I thought we might see a rhino charge, but he couldn't find his credit card (ba-dump).

So while I like EE, I did greatly enjoy our safari. And the Na'vi river ride? Meh! I can't believe we waited in a long line for that. YMMV

SAFD:

- Guardians of the Galaxy over Rise
- (trepidation….) I guess Safari over HM

The first was easy for me. But the second choice was so much tougher as Haunted Mansion is so great and a classic. But I can go to MK and skip out on HM, I am never going to AK and skipping out on Safari.

SAFD: the Sophie’s Choice edition?! Oy, this is HARD.

1. GOTG. But by only the narrowest of margins, and strictly based on the times I’ve gotten One Way or Another on it. Because Rise >>> GOTG with Conga playing.

2. HM. As others have said, a classic needs to be in here, and because it’s my son’s favorite. Also because I could get an equal to AK Safari - sometimes superior - African animal experience at Bush Gardens, Tampa.

Everyone voting Guardians over Rise makes me sad. Guardians is a ride; Rise is an experience. (Plus, Poe Dameron calls me fine-looking. 😍 )

But of course, that's just my opinion and definitely not influenced by the fact that Guardians makes me sick as a dog. :P
I’m gonna take a min to counter this, because despite my SW-geek credentials, I think GOTG absolutely IS an experience! It does require taking adequate time in the queue to get the full experience, admittedly, but there is an entire, very cool storyline in there and is a large part of why I love it.

But my experience may be impacted by the fact that not only do I not get sick on GOTG, if I ride it after a beer, I feel positively euphoric afterward! :rotfl2: I’ll take a Trash Panda over Poe every day. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter