Marathon Weekend 2025

I love reading all these tips and posts. Silly question, but can someone tell me what SAFD means? The internet is telling me it is the San Antonio Fire Department but I don't think that is what you mean 😆.
Sundays Are For Disney—a weekly question to keep the thread active in the boring time between registration and race time, and also to help people get to know one another and learn random stuff. A past example would be “what’s you favorite non-Disney race?”

I'm now upset that we didn't get a luggage tag for the 30th marathon, where as before I had no idea I should be grumpy about it. Just kidding, though free stuff like that is always fun.

I'm nervous about registering, am trying for Goofy, but if not the Marathon would work. I was going to do the marathon only this weekend, but I really like the artwork and I just love getting medals.

@DopeyBadger Could we entice you into another Dopey Challenge for next year? Perhaps go the route of the Ultimate Dopey Challenge focusing on pictures, rides and snacks.

No. I’ve got a lot going on right now and committing to Dopey isn’t something I’m interested in. Never say never for some year in the future, but not right now. 2018 was just a perfect ending for me. I’d say mine and G’s focus is shifting towards the Halloween party over rundisney because of the slightly different costume guidelines and more time in costume. We’re hard at work on our 2024 Amphibia costumes. This is G’s glowing hair piece (still in progress).

IMG_7036.jpeg

IMG_7038.jpeg

I'm now upset that we didn't get a luggage tag for the 30th marathon, where as before I had no idea I should be grumpy about it. Just kidding, though free stuff like that is always fun.

I'm nervous about registering, am trying for Goofy, but if not the Marathon would work. I was going to do the marathon only this weekend, but I really like the artwork and I just love getting medals.

For the marathon in 2023, the luggage tag was for the Dopey’s 10th anniversary. The tags have really declined in quality since post-Covid. They used to be three dimensional with texture, now they are printed on cheap plastic. I like to hang mine with my medals.

1712613714452.jpeg
1712613769998.jpeg

Sundays Are For Disney—a weekly question to keep the thread active in the boring time between registration and race time, and also to help people get to know one another and learn random stuff. A past example would be “what’s you favorite non-Disney race?”
Thank you!

I still have my princess luggage tags on my bags. They are lovely and very sturdy because we have traveled a lot with them!

I just got confirmation that our bibs are being held with Team Determination. We won't be able to officially start fundraising until Disney has registered everyone from TD ACS. I am so excited and have started planning our fundraising ideas. We finished raising funds for Princess so I want to keep this fresh and not keep asking everyone to donate. Although, it is an important cause. I plan on budgeting aside what I would have paid to register and donate that amount.

Now to plan our costumes. DH and I typically go as Mary Poppins and Burt for the 10k of races, but I may try something new.

No. I’ve got a lot going on right now and committing to Dopey isn’t something I’m interested in. Never say never for some year in the future, but not right now. 2018 was just a perfect ending for me. I’d say mine and G’s focus is shifting towards the Halloween party over rundisney because of the slightly different costume guidelines and more time in costume. We’re hard at work on our 2024 Amphibia costumes. This is G’s glowing hair piece (still in progress).

View attachment 849571

View attachment 849572
That looks absolutely amazing! I miss going to MNSSHP. We had to stop going once our kids went to middle school because we couldn’t get to the party on a Friday night.

With 10 minutes to spare, I registered for Dopey 2025. I started crying at the thought of not doing it.

See y'all there. I'll be the professor of Dopey University... ;) did I tell y'all? I PASSED MY DISSERTATION DEFENSE.

My training journal desperately needs an update (or twenty).
Congratulations, Professor!

With 10 minutes to spare, I registered for Dopey 2025. I started crying at the thought of not doing it.

See y'all there. I'll be the professor of Dopey University... ;) did I tell y'all? I PASSED MY DISSERTATION DEFENSE.

My training journal desperately needs an update (or twenty).
Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment. I defended my dissertation 10 years ago now so know how hard it is go become Dr. Lookingforsunshine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter