Marathon Weekend 2025

What’s everyone’s thought on what will sell out first?/rank my priorities. I need 1 dopey, 2 1/2 marathons, 2 10ks and 1 5k. 😬

Here are the last three years sell out rates:

Marathon Weekend

Start (link)
5k sold out in 47 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 52 min (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 71 min (link)
HM sold out in 82 min (link)
M sold out in 91 min (link)

Start (link)
Delayed Registration Timing until 12:30pm ET (link)
5k sold out in 24 min (link)
10k sold out in 34 min (link)
No more queue after 34 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 38 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 55 min (link)
M sold out in 67 min (link)

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

*If you're into the registration process within 20 min or less, you're very safe.

How to register 2 people?
Our priority is DH getting the marathon, so i want to register him completely with payment, then i want to register myself for marathon if available, but I'll take 10k or half of i have to.
We will skip merchandise for now.
anyone know how to go from complete payment for DH to registering an mother person?

M has recently taken about 60-90 min and virtually everyone who was ready at time of registration was able to get in if they wanted it. My advice is to plan to do both the M registration and whatever other one you want 10k/HM. It takes more time to register, pay, re-click, do second registration, then pay, then it does just to do both at the same time. The real time suck is getting into the registration itself. That process can take 0-50 min for most people. Actually typing everything in is usually less than 5 min as long as you skip the unnecessary things:

After choosing a race distance, you will be prompted to fill in the following general information. Alright, this is the important part. The name of the game with runDisney registration is speed. The registration process does not hold a spot for you after you selected your race distance above. You don't actually have a confirmed spot until after you've completed the payment process. So whether you're registering a single person, or multiple people, or multiple distances for a single person, nothing is confirmed until you pay. So with that being said, it's important to point out the uneditable registration items. The ONLY things you can not change after registration are EMAIL ADDRESS, NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, and then GENDER (in that order). Everything else can be edited after the confirmation of your purchase. With that being said, you CAN NOT skip any question. You must put an answer on every question. So just put whatever is the fastest choice, and then MOVE ON. Speed. Speed. Speed.

*I believe address was recently greyed out as well, but I'm sure runDisney could change that one easily.

The last few sign ups my husband got all the information in, but when he went to pay it wouldn’t let him past where it asked for a promo code. It wouldn’t let him pay. Could it be that it was sold out? Hoping 3 is the charm

There are some known glitches that occur randomly with some of the questions. So very rarely people will get hung up on those glitches and can't register. So if someone on the DIS hasn't mentioned a sell out yet, then you're encountering a glitch. Try registering through a different link, or playing around with the non-essential answers that can be edited later.

So you can open a shared queue ID in the same browser that you have already used to enter the queue? i.e. a browser that has already been assigned it's own queue ID?

To clarify, if I open a queue on Safari on an iPad, phone, and computer. The iPad Safari has the best wait time. I share it with myself via email to my computer. I open the Safari iPad link on my computer. I will now have two active Safari browsers with unique IDs on my computer and both will continue to count down as normal. The link on my iPad is still active as well. I can now register faster on my computer via the iPad link.

FYI, after registration make sure to go back and edit the things you just selected random things on. POT locks July 1st, 2024, and t-shirt size has been recently locking about 16-21 weeks prior to the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter