Marathon Weekend 2025

Does RD not use their Twitter/X account anymore? I always check the social media accounts to read the comments on registration day and it looks like the last time they posted was last November. I could have sworn they were posting this past MW.

The last few sign ups my husband got all the information in, but when he went to pay it wouldn’t let him past where it asked for a promo code. It wouldn’t let him pay. Could it be that it was sold out? Hoping 3 is the charm
Turns out 3 is not the charm for us. They really wanted the 5k settled on the half marathon. DD’s credit card was actually charged and then refunded.

I hope they don't institute a lottery though - because that is so hard to ever get into for other races.
Agree...I have never gotten into a marathon lottery and I have been entering most of them for years. Even Chicago, the "easy" one, continues to evade me. They would 100% lose me as a passholder if I start getting shut out of races. I only do one non-runD trip per year generally, it's the AP that makes it worth coming down a 2nd or 3rd time. I seem to give them more money every time I go too, as my hotel tastes keep getting more expensive :rotfl:

Okay so I'm wondering how true the whole premise of everyone in the queue before 10am is randomized and then all the post 10am-ers are numerical AFTER all those in before 10am. I had a couple browsers open prior to 10am and then at about 10:15 when only one of them had a decent countdown, I opened a new incognito browser (confirmed new queue ID) and it ended up being a shorter wait than all but one of the ones I had open before 10am.

Did anybody else struggle using the mobile site? I got in on my phone first but when I tried to add other people, it wouldn't allow me to select a freaking T shirt size for the other people I was adding and also would not allow me to select the race I wanted them to join. Luckily we were all doing the half marathon so I managed to get in on a desktop afterwards but jeez it was stressful putting in the information. Also when I finally went and got it on my desktop, I apparently didn't select my own T shirt size.. and had to re-enter everyone's information all over again 😭😭😭
The one time I had the t-shirt issue (2024 DL) was when I was trying on my laptop. It seems very random but it's really an inexplicable problem.

Okay so I'm wondering how true the whole premise of everyone in the queue before 10am is randomized and then all the post 10am-ers are numerical AFTER all those in before 10am. I had a couple browsers open prior to 10am and then at about 10:15 when only one of them had a decent countdown, I opened a new incognito browser (confirmed new queue ID) and it ended up being a shorter wait than all but one of the ones I had open before 10am.
There's been some chatter of this happening but not sure it's consistent. I actually dropped in on my iPad after 10 but it didn't work, ended up dropping out of it when I was registered.

I mean, they sort of did, right? Or at least, there was a lottery element to the sign-up process.

For those who entered the pre-queue before 10 AM Eastern, they assigned a spot in the queue randomly. So regardless of your browser or internet connection, once they had your details your place in the queue was assigned by lottery. (After 10AM, new entrants were assigned to the back of the queue.)

Now, that's not a true lottery, as the randomization only impacted those who were on top of it enough to be in the pre-queue holding room. If they shifted to a true lottery, you could have a much larger number of aspirants entering the lottery over a period of weeks (I'm thinking of my friends who tried to sign up a few months before, and were surprised to see it was already sold out). That would hurt the chances of those of us who are more aggressive about signing up.

Overall, I think the semi-randomization is nice, in that it levels the playing field for those of us who are really on top of it, especially those worried about wi-fi connections or browser types, while still avoiding the pitfalls and loss-of-control that comes with a full lottery system.

More capacity would definitely help more folks get in, though!
I really hope they don't go to a lottery system - it would likely push me (and a lot of others) to finally attempt the CrD plunge. Right now between browsers and the kindness of people on this board, I've always been able to sign up for what I want and the cost of CrD doesn't really justify it for me right now.

On a separate note - did anyone else experience this with the progress bars or was it just a coincidence for me. When all my browsers were at 1 hour + , 1 progress bar was much further along than the others. After about 5 min it quickly jumped to 37min, 20, 7, and then less than a minute. I ended up getting in at about 10:20 with the browser that had that longer progress bar.

I didn't really notice on my other tabs.

(Please don’t throw things at me either…)

A quick report on what worked for me. I had the following:

iPhone Safari: 1 Regular, 3 Private
iPad Safari: 1 Regular, 3 Private
Laptop:
Safari - 1 Regular, 3 Private
Chrome - 1 Regular, 3 Private

I joined two of the Regular Browsers approx. 9:45am when the marathon box opened, and the other two at about 9:55am from the Dopey box. (Don’t know if it makes a difference) And same for the Private browsers, except for the 3rd of each where I joined right at 10am.

Everything showed over an hour until about 10 minutes in, then a few on my windows started dropping. (I first noticed the status bar move, then the time remaining adjusted) I got in first with the 9:55am Private Laptop Safari around 10:20am, then Private iPhone Safari and Private Laptop Safari around 10:35am, and Regular Laptop Chrome around 10:55am. The rest I shared or lost track of, but some didn’t move below more than an hour.

I really think everything you join prior to 10am is the luck of the draw, with the Private browsers seeming to move fastest. I also ran a test run during W&D and had similar luck with Private Safari Browsers.

I thought you could only get one unique queue ID for each private browser - did the 3 separate ones give you difference IDs?

I really hope they don't go to a lottery system - it would likely push me (and a lot of others) to finally attempt the CrD plunge. Right now between browsers and the kindness of people on this board, I've always been able to sign up for what I want and the cost of CrD doesn't really justify it for me right now.

On a separate note - did anyone else experience this with the progress bars or was it just a coincidence for me. When all my browsers were at 1 hour + , 1 progress bar was much further along than the others. After about 5 min it quickly jumped to 37min, 20, 7, and then less than a minute. I ended up getting in at about 10:20 with the browser that had that longer progress bar.

I didn't really notice on my other tabs.
I noticed the progress bar was moving along and the one that was furthest along (even though they all showed over an hour) was the one that dropped down to the shortest wait time

Since DH was already “perfectly” registered, he helped me today. I had iPhone Safari, Fire tablet, laptop Chrome, Laptop Chrome Incognito, and he had desktop Edge and his iPhone. I had said that I’d go for Goofy one more time, although I don’t look forward to another marathon, and if I didn’t get it, I would know it wasn’t meant to be and I’d just try the half. Wouldn’t you know that God said, “Do another Goofy.” I got in on my phone while none of the other options went below an hour.

My planning has been terrible for MW as last night I was trying to decide if i should even bother to register. DH and I were sad to miss MW 2024, and after signing up for the half at W&D and concerned that will be an issue, I decided to sign up for the 10k. This way i can see all my run disney friends and cheer them on. I also get a little more park time. Now trying to decide if i have enough vacation days left in 2025 (between my other vacations already planned) to take tuesday off after the weekend so we can also attend DATW on monday, instead of driving home on monday. We will get to see everyone on friday at Hurricane Hannah's though.

Update on the knee. I am almost back to walking normal but i have to walk slower at the moment. That should continue to get better. I did lift again with modified legs and recumbent bike. Felt better today. I will stick to the bike for the rest of the week and hope to move to the ellpitical next week.

Update on mom. She passed enough on her assessment that on Friday she will be discharged from Rehab back to AL. I was concerned we were going to have to go skilled nursing route.

I'm in for Dopey #2! I had zero luck initially, but fortunately a good friend who is CrD opened a few browsers and she got a short wait time. Interestingly, she tried to send me the queue ID and when I opened it, it said "over an hour." It was 7 minutes on her end. She ended up registering for me on her computer, which is fine, but when she sent me the email to link the registration to my account, it created a new runDisney account with just that registration (and a lovely option to toggle between the accounts). I emailed runDisney, so hopefully they can just merge the accounts. Having two accounts with separate race registrations gives me anxiety. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter