Marathon Weekend Shirts

ScooterScott44

DIS Veteran
Did some laundry and two of my three race shirts (Goofy) were done. Both came out of the dryer and the logos were kind of stuck in a few places. I was able to pull them apart but they are not in a great state anymore. Personally I have a LOT of race shirts, mostly Disney races and I found this odd. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon. Also fair warning, careful at your own first washing. Maybe some has a trick to help avoid.

The quality is awful. I washed my Springtime Surprise shirts on cold water delicate and the logos were stuck to each other when I pulled them out of the washer. I wish they’d go back to champion brand or even the pre-Covid scratchy stuff.

Yeah it’s an issue with last years shirts too. Honestly I also get it with some NYRR shirts so I think it’s just a situation where they’re all doing the bare minimum with the free shirts now. More reasonable when the races cost $25 though.

The quality is awful. I washed my Springtime Surprise shirts on cold water delicate and the logos were stuck to each other when I pulled them out of the washer. I wish they’d go back to champion brand or even the pre-Covid scratchy stuff.
Me too. I ordered a generic run Disney shirt from someone on Poshmark and they accidentally sent me an old marathon one. It was much nicer than the springtime ones! Before that I had no idea how much better it used to be. Locally shirt quality is all over the place.

I haven't had a single issue with any of my shirts, the quality has been perfect 🤷‍♀️. I actually vastly prefer the newer material over any previous ones I've had, including Champion. So much more comfortable

I haven't had an issue, only have shirts from 2022. I wash mine on cold delicate and hang dry.

My 2018 W&D shirts look like they are 20 years old with fading images and logos while my 2006 and 2008 MW shirts still look brand new despite many more uses and washes. The 2022 MW shirt seems like it is slightly better than the W&D but I think I've only worn it once so we will see if that stays the case.

Last edited:
I haven't had a single issue with any of my shirts, the quality has been perfect 🤷‍♀️. I actually vastly prefer the newer material over any previous ones I've had, including Champion. So much more comfortable
They are better than the initial ones when they stopped using Champion but I will forever wish Champion or some name brand to return.

Mine get washed with everything else. Cold water but dried on medium. Haven't had any issues so far. The only things I hang are wool shirts/socks. Like @Herding_Cats said, if it needs to babied it's never going to get cleaned here.

No issues here. They are wash with all the other laundry in cold water and put through the dryer cycle as normal.

I was my running stuff in cold water, gentle cycle, and with tech specific sports wash. Regular tech stuff get dried on low and delicate but anything wool, high quality, or with instructions to hang dry gets hang dried. It is probably 40% dryer and 60% hang but I also hang dry a lot of my work clothes because they last a lot longer.

it's just polyester. so yeah.

I "baby" my rD stuff in general, and if I'm pressed for time I'll throw them in on low because they dry so quickly. But in my house, if it can't be machine washed/dried (or if it isn't dishwasher safe) it doesn't get bought. Except for my yeti and my water bottle.
Does washing your yeti smell like wet dog?
I know, that’s abominable.

(I’ll see myself out…)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter