Marathon weekend

hudakjr

Earning My Ears
What is the best resort to book for marathon weekend? I know buses offer transportation to the race from all resorts but are you close enough to the start line to walk if you stay at an Epcot resort?
Thanks

The start line is waaaay over in the Epcot parking lot, so nowhere near the Epcot resorts. You'd have to walk all the way through Epcot. It's not open in the morning. Even if it were open, you have to have a ticket and a park reservation. And it's a long walk after a marathon. All of the Disney hotels, even the cheap ones, have a lot of very early buses running.

The monorail would be the easiest to walk from, and it is running on marathon morning. But that is still a long walk. The buses will take you right to where they want you to be at the time they want you there.

Last edited:
I've stayed value and DVC for race weekends and every time I've walked to the bus loading area there was always one there. From what I remember, the bus ride felt the shortest the time I stated at Old Key West. I know it's pretty close to Epcot but I assume whatever route it took wasn't as impacted by the road closures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter