March 2013 Car rentals

I do, but you have to be a US resident to sign up for the costco travel website, and I have a Canadian address. But I'll go play around with it now :) Thanks Robin!

I'm not sure if they have changed their policies, but I am also Canadian and booked through costcotravel.com in the past with no problem.

Okay can you guys tell me if this is a good deal or should I look at other places. I have just read a few posts on here and grabbed two codes. We got a compact picking up on Friday March 22nd at MCO returning on Thursday the 28th. The total with fees is 240.56. I used BCD X474200 and Coupon MUWZ003 Just saw them on a post. LOL

I have always just booked something and not looked for codes. Should I try a different company?? Any tips would be appreciated. We usually use a car service and a few times ME. THANKS :thumbsup2

I got a rate of $164 for the week through CapOne rewards website, but just wondering which is better at MCO...Avis or Budget?? I'm arriving solo, kinda late with 2 kidlets.

We usually use Alamo. In December the rates were very high so we used Budget--never again. When checking in they were extremely pushy about taking their insurance even thought we said "No" many times. They were not pleasant or friendly. The car looked okay, but we had problems with it. When you put it in park you couldnt get it to go back into drive. You had to keep trying. That was a big problem. DH actually said "You should have booked Alamo even though it was over $100 more." This rental was extremely painful, but many folks here dont seem to have these problems. We booked National for March.

I hope your rental goes smoothly.

Okay can you guys tell me if this is a good deal or should I look at other places. I have just read a few posts on here and grabbed two codes. We got a compact picking up on Friday March 22nd at MCO returning on Thursday the 28th. The total with fees is 240.56. I used BCD X474200 and Coupon MUWZ003 Just saw them on a post. LOL

I have always just booked something and not looked for codes. Should I try a different company?? Any tips would be appreciated. We usually use a car service and a few times ME. THANKS :thumbsup2
That looks like a good rate to me for the week before Easter!

I have a standard SUV booked the following week 3/29 to 4/5- Fri to Fri for $261 total using the codes x4744200 and mugz165

It is a bit more but you get a bigger car. The mini vans were quoted at $261 also. I was booked using the same code for $302 so I am thrilled to get it under $300- FINALLY!

We usually use Alamo. In December the rates were very high so we used Budget--never again. When checking in they were extremely pushy about taking their insurance even thought we said "No" many times. They were not pleasant or friendly.
Meh. I don't need "friendly" and can be a jerk back to save $100.

The car looked okay, but we had problems with it. When you put it in park you couldnt get it to go back into drive. You had to keep trying. That was a big problem.
Now, that is a problem. Did you try to exchange your car?

I have a standard SUV booked the following week 3/29 to 4/5- Fri to Fri for $261 total using the codes x4744200 and mugz165

It is a bit more but you get a bigger car. The mini vans were quoted at $261 also. I was booked using the same code for $302 so I am thrilled to get it under $300- FINALLY!

Those codes saved me $45. I'm getting closer to being under $300. fingers crossed....SUV's quoted at $235

The rates continue to drop for me. My 5 days with a compact are at $132 base now...thats about $100 less than a week ago (rate has dropped in at least 5 of the last 7 days and I'm hoping it will continue for the next few). Those numbers are all Alamo. And that's about $250 less than it was 10-14 days ago. I'm still holding an Enterprise rental for a bit less, but I'm hoping to go with Alamo since its so darn easy with the kiosk and you get to pick your car.

BTW, has anyone else noticed how much of a pain the Alamo website is now. I guess its supposed to look better, but geez. It also used to be you could keep modifying the same reservation to a better rate just by wiping out the product code (that's something you normally don't enter, but it shows up...not the contract or coupon) and resaving it. I haven't been able to get that to work with the new site. Now I create a new one, then go back and cancel the old one.

I used the same codes....where are these codes from?

Okay so we don't need to bring something to the counter on pick up day?

I just did a little research on the coupon code and apparently that is a code for USAA military members so I'm not sure about that one. The post by DCbride was the first time I saw it, and when I punched it in on Budget they called it $35 off weekly paperless coupon. Maybe another DIS member can offer up their experience using it?

can you add a coupon without changing your reservation? Our price has gone up since I booked but I see a coupon I'd like to use. How can I apply it without changing our reservation? Can I just give it to them in person?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I just did a little research on the coupon code and apparently that is a code for USAA military members so I'm not sure about that one. The post by DCbride was the first time I saw it, and when I punched it in on Budget they called it $35 off weekly paperless coupon. Maybe another DIS member can offer up their experience using it?

That works too because we are USAA members. :thumbsup2

can you add a coupon without changing your reservation? Our price has gone up since I booked but I see a coupon I'd like to use. How can I apply it without changing our reservation? Can I just give it to them in person?
I would call the rental car company directly and ask them to apply your coupon. Sometimes they can do it without messing up your whole rate.

That looks like a good rate to me for the week before Easter!

I agree. We're definitely seeing some sizable drops for dates in the first half of the month. For example, for about the same length of time as your trip (also picking up on a Friday), I'm seeing about $50 less than yours, also a compact, but with Alamo. Its not likely that you'll see the same discounts for pre-Easter week, but you never know. I would definitely grab the Budget rate you have (as long as it isn't a pre-pay), but definitely keep looking! You may still see some drops; but with increased numbers of rentals, the number of vehicles available at lower rates will be much lower. You'll need to be quick.

Hey ALl!
If anyone can help, pls let me know.
I have a hold on Alamo (to get it at the car care center) while at disney..

pick up is monday 3/18 with a return on 3/26
BUT
I am returning at rsw rate for standard (FYI wed go bigger if cheaper, but not smaller)
rate I have is 341.74 all taxes/fees

Is this ok? Decent? any HELP, appreciated...
I am considering MCO, using ME, maybe to get a better rate at the airport?
What do you think???

TIA! :flower3:

Hey ALl!
If anyone can help, pls let me know.
I have a hold on Alamo (to get it at the car care center) while at disney..

pick up is monday 3/18 with a return on 3/26
BUT
I am returning at rsw rate for standard (FYI wed go bigger if cheaper, but not smaller)
rate I have is 341.74 all taxes/fees

Is this ok? Decent? any HELP, appreciated...
I am considering MCO, using ME, maybe to get a better rate at the airport?
What do you think???

TIA! :flower3:
Alamo and National charge extra for one-way rentals. Budget and Avis do not. Using the code Y937800 (DISBoards Code:http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-transportation.htm#rental) &
MUGZ165 (Budget $35 off weekly rental/paperless coupon) and picking up from Old Town Amusement Park is $235 for your dates. I think you can arrange to be picked up by Budget.

ETA: If you are a Costco member it's $216 for the same criteria ($206 if you book Avis at the same place).

Alamo and National charge extra for one-way rentals. Budget and Avis do not. Using the code Y937800 (DISBoards Code:http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-transportation.htm#rental) &
MUGZ165 (Budget $35 off weekly rental/paperless coupon) and picking up from Old Town Amusement Park is $235 for your dates. I think you can arrange to be picked up by Budget.

ETA: If you are a Costco member it's $216 for the same criteria ($206 if you book Avis at the same place).

OMG!! I even tried thru costco where I am a member, I must be really messing it up but will try again!
THANKS!!
Keep ya posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter