• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2017 check in thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to the party too! Heading west for our first trip to Disneyland March 27-April 2. We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel and I am super excited!

I'm a little bummed about the Matterhorn, but it looks like everything else (except the ROA attractions) will be open. The positive, I won't have to wonder if the Yeti will scared the 5 year old.

I'm quite sad about the Matterhorn. My (will be when we go) 5 year olds are excited to see the yeti. We've watched the youtube ride videos a million times and they love him. I was getting them psyched up that they could go on the "big" rides this time.

Broke the news to the kids... We're coming the last week of March. Park Vue Inn. Excited to take my 14YO & 9YO WDW loving sons to their first DL adventure!
Know it's going to be crowded - but if we are rope droppers who follow Touring Plans. Think we can survive?

Broke the news to the kids... We're coming the last week of March. Park Vue Inn. Excited to take my 14YO & 9YO WDW loving sons to their first DL adventure!
Know it's going to be crowded - but if we are rope droppers who follow Touring Plans. Think we can survive?

We'll see you there! I'm hoping we survive too. Other DISers saying it won't be too bad. :rotfl2:

Tentative plans for March 2nd-5th for nephew's birthday. Just found out WOC will be down. That...along with potc, GGR, no ToT, etc...sounds like we should reschedule for a later date...

Tentative plans for March 2nd-5th for nephew's birthday. Just found out WOC will be down. That...along with potc, GGR, no ToT, etc...sounds like we should reschedule for a later date...

Where did you see the WOC closing? last I saw it was reopening Jan 9th with the original show.

Where did you see the WOC closing? last I saw it was reopening Jan 9th with the original show.

It's not on the calendar after 2/20 and someone emailed Disney and they replied with "refurbishment from Feb 21st - March 6th"

Never mind I just saw it. If I had not bought airfare Id definitely reschedule now.

Hi, I had emailed Disney, as the dates for booking the dessert party had not changed in 2 weeks, and they responded today with the refurbishment dates of feb 21 till March 6

I'm glad we will be there for WOC! I would be so bummed to miss that and Fantasmic...

I'm having a mother/daughter trip from Melbourne, Aus to Anaheim from the 14th - 18th (but only 3 park days) and are staying a Hyatt House. We are combining it with time in San Francisco, Vegas and Los Angeles.

Will be going from march 6 to 10th. Staying at peacock suites as there were no dvc rooms available this close.

I posted on the February check in, but my trip crosses over into March, so I thought I'd post here too...

We will be going February 28th through March 2nd this year. It'll be my family and my sister's family, with the group consisting two moms, two dads, 5 year old boy, 8 year old girl, two 9 year old girls, 10 year old girl and 12 year old boy. We have reservations at our old stand-by, HOJO, but I'm thinking of switching to Desert Palms Hotel and Suites as they offer free breakfast and are a similar walking distance to the park. Can anyone give me an opinion on Desert Palms?

My kids are Disneyland veterans, they've been Annual Passholders for the majority of their lives. My husband and I have had Annual Passes off and on for the past 17 years (probably 10-12 of those years). My sister and her family come visit every year and we have been doing two days in the parks for the past few years. This will be our first time doing a three day trip.

Since the OP has changed plans and is no longer updating this thread, someone may want to start a new one. Or, maybe if someone wants to take control of this thread, there is a way for a moderator to change the OP?

Since the OP has changed plans and is no longer updating this thread, someone may want to start a new one. Or, maybe if someone wants to take control of this thread, there is a way for a moderator to change the OP?

Anyone can start the new one. Cruisehopeful, would you be interested? I'm already "hosting" the June thread, so don't want to take on a second one. If I were going to start a new one, I would probably first post on here making sure Aladora is okay starting a new one, then transfer the information from people's trips to the new first post of the new thread. Then when the new thread is started, I'd send a message to Mary Jo, the moderator for the "Meet Ups" so she would know to switch the link. I'm not at all saying that's how someone else should do things! I had just given some thought to taking over the March thread and that's how I would have done it.

Last edited:
Looks like we will be joining you guys! We weren't planning on a Disney trip this year, but 3 nights at VGC popped open available March 18-21 and I scooped them up! I think we'll be there March 17-21. Couldn't resist the opportunity to see MSEP while it is there! So I'm late to the planning party . . . haven't been since Nov 2015 . . . what else is new? I know the WOC dessert and the MSEP dining plans.

I posted on the February check in, but my trip crosses over into March, so I thought I'd post here too...

We will be going February 28th through March 2nd this year. It'll be my family and my sister's family, with the group consisting two moms, two dads, 5 year old boy, 8 year old girl, two 9 year old girls, 10 year old girl and 12 year old boy. We have reservations at our old stand-by, HOJO, but I'm thinking of switching to Desert Palms Hotel and Suites as they offer free breakfast and are a similar walking distance to the park. Can anyone give me an opinion on Desert Palms?

My kids are Disneyland veterans, they've been Annual Passholders for the majority of their lives. My husband and I have had Annual Passes off and on for the past 17 years (probably 10-12 of those years). My sister and her family come visit every year and we have been doing two days in the parks for the past few years. This will be our first time doing a three day trip.

We stayed at Desert Palms in 2014. The rooms were clean, nice options for the hot breakfast with indoor & outdoor seating, decent pool with hot tub, and the walk wasn't bad to the park. We would stay there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter