March 2020 Trip

DisneyMagic73

Mouseketeer
We have gone the past few years at the start of June but have a trip planned for the last week in March...can anyone who has gone at this time tell me about it....How are the crowds...the weather.....We are not planning to go near HS since SWL is opening in August......Can you go to the pools at this time? Do they turn up the heat LOL? Thanks in advance yall!

We have not been in March, but in early April. If you are close to Easter it is more likely to be crowded. Also in March alot of schools have spring break which adds to the crowds.

March is much busier than June, crowd wise. We have taken several trips at this time of year. The temps are great - often in the high 80s. The pools will definitely be open. Make sure you have a good plan for dealing with the crowds. Good luck!

We typically go the second week of March. Crowds are always manageable and the weather is beautiful. Little to no rain, upper 80s, although last year was a little cooler in the mornings. We definitely have 2-3 water park days. With the Flower & Garden festival at Epcot, it's our favorite time to visit.

Crowds can be heavy due to Spring Breaks. Weather can be iffy ...some cool, some warm enough to swim. However, with some good planning and flexibility (yes, they can co-exist), the trip can be amazing. As always.

We are there the last week.....I know some spring breaks start that week but didnt know if it is a total nightmare......Like I said HS is out as I am not getting close to that crazy train of SWL....LOL........do you think that the rest of the parks will be even worse due to SWL if that makes sense?

We’ve been to WDW the last week in March for the last three years due to our kids playing with their school ball teams at ESPN during their spring break.

The weather is beautiful end of March very nice for parks and pool especially coming from Philly weather. Barely any rain at all. In fact, in those three years we only had rain one morning which was great because we don’t want any of their games to be cancelled since we’re paying a boatload for the kids to play down there.

Crowds are heavy as many have spring break that week. Plan ahead by making your fast passes. Last year, to avoid the crazy crowds we paid extra for the early ticket for Toystoryland and then rope dropped ToT and RnR. We also bought the special evening ticket for MK.

This year we’ll wait and see what Disney offers because we just hate the crowds but don’t have a choice as to when we can go.

We have gone the past few years at the start of June but have a trip planned for the last week in March...can anyone who has gone at this time tell me about it....How are the crowds...the weather.....We are not planning to go near HS since SWL is opening in August......Can you go to the pools at this time? Do they turn up the heat LOL? Thanks in advance yall!
We went in mid-March 2015. The weather was temperate. Cool mornings and evenings, warm midday. We tent camped at Fort Wilderness, and never had an issue with the weather at night as we slept in our tent. A few blankets were enough. It was warm enough to swim for at least one day, but it wasn't hot, prime swimming weather. There was a little rain on our last day, but no thunderstorms like you get in summer.

It's spring break from end of February until easter (winter breaks for up north) and it's crowded. The weather is nice. We don't swim this time of year but we're from the south so it's chilly for us. Walking around the parks it's really nice weather overall. It's warm but not stifling like June temps.

It's a great time to visit overall. We will rope drop and sometimes throw in midday park breaks to get aways from the crowds.

We went the last week of March a few years ago, and we’re thinking of doing it again. I felt like the crowds weren’t horrible until the end of the week, and the weather was so much better than the summer when we usually go. It was still warm enough to swim (but where we’re from it’s usually still snowing at that point!), and I’d rather deal with larger crowds than the awful summer heat.

We LOVE going in March. Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is one of our favorite things at WDW. The weather is fantastic, this year I was wearing jeans or a light sweatshirt and it was phenomenal!

As others have said sometimes the crowds can be crazy... especially on the weekends. I would avoid the parks with the extra magic hours to help cut the crowds.

Best of luck for a great trip!

We have been the last week of March the few times because that is always our local school's spring break. The crowds have varied over the years, but never been light! To put this in perspective, there have been years where we were able to pick up several FPs in the evening at parks like each HS and EP and big ticket rides at MK like Space Mountain. Last year, there was no getting evening FPs anywhere except for MK, and even then it was little rides like Dumbo, Barnstormer, or Ariel. We are a travel party of two, so I worked refresh quite a bit and still had trouble finding FP in the evenings.

Also, the weather has varied. One year it was mid-90s the whole week and we melted. Then this last year, the weather was amazing, and we actually had to bring jackets with us for the evening shows! Either way, swimming in the afternoon was fine. The only time I've had difficulty swimming was one November at POFQ when the pool did not feel heated at all.

Spring Breaks and the date of Easter - April 12 next year - all influence the crowds. The weather can be glorious, but possibly a bit rainy. The Flower and Garden Festival is fantastic as a previous poster noted (but avoid the weekends if you can). My preference is to always avoid the hottest weather, but school schedules and the like can get in the way of that!

HI OP: We have gone in March twice. We usually go the end of Feb and the first week or so of March. We have had very cool weather once and fantastic weather once, so it's a mixed bag. As far as crowds, they weren't too bad, but the F&G festival draws alot of crowds to Epcot.
We like that time of year, but it can be pretty cool to cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter