March 2023 - Car Rentals

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Planning a quick trip for March. Dollar seems to have some good "manager specials" type rates. Post your finds here :-)

Still looking for a rental for March 2023. This thread seems much quieter than in years past…

Still looking for a rental for March 2023. This thread seems much quieter than in years past…
Yes it does. The deals & codes just aren't there anymore. I punch in my dates daily, and I'm about $20 less than when I started this thread. So, the prices are creeping down but they're still WAY higher than in years past.

Prices are sky high yikes! I used to be able to get some great deals from Costco but even their over 700 for a week!!!

Prices are sky high yikes! I used to be able to get some great deals from Costco but even their over 700 for a week!!!
Keep checking. I can't remember when I first checked Costco for our trip later this month, but it was well over $500 for a compact car. Then in mid-November it dropped to something like $420 for a full size, and we booked. I check every week, and now it's down to $340. So keep checking, and good luck!

My Budget rental from 2/25-3/7 just dropped from $805 to $705 through Costco. Hoping for more drops.
Quoting myself, my 10 day rental has dropped to $640. Budget is not my preferred company, but Alamo is $730 for the same period. Still hoping for more decreases.

Keep checking. I can't remember when I first checked Costco for our trip later this month, but it was well over $500 for a compact car. Then in mid-November it dropped to something like $420 for a full size, and we booked. I check every week, and now it's down to $340. So keep checking, and good luck!
Thanks so much! I’ll keep an eye out. Here’s hoping 🤞🏻

Just popping in to say that Alamo's rates seem to drop a few dollars every day. What started out as a reservation at about $280 is now down to $195. By the time March rolls around, I'm hoping to see my reservation somewhere in the $150 range, which will make me very happy!

Check often. Our rental dropped 120 yesterday through Costco and today it is up 85. Book when you see any good rate. Does anyone who uses Costco know if you can add your Alamo Insider number?

Check often. Our rental dropped 120 yesterday through Costco and today it is up 85. Book when you see any good rate.
I agree. Our Budget rental for later this month was up $24 earlier this week, then down $10 from before that, now down another $12 today. I have so many cancellation and confirmation emails in my file that it’s not funny!
Does anyone who uses Costco know if you can add your Alamo Insider number?
We’re able to add our Budget Fastbreak number when completing the Driver information on the Costco site, and it automatically populates to the Budget app. So you can probably add your Alamo number.

Last edited:
Check often. Our rental dropped 120 yesterday through Costco and today it is up 85. Book when you see any good rate. Does anyone who uses Costco know if you can add your Alamo Insider number?
I use the Alamo confirmation number (it is listed on the Costco reservation) to checkin the night before on the Alamo website, enter my info and print a skip the counter barcode. So nice to just go to the garage and pick a car and checkout.

Georgina, thanks. Alamo is always my first choice so it is great to know I can add the insider info through the Alamo site.

I have pulled the confirmation number from the costco email and add it to my Insider account.

I agree. Our Budget rental for later this month was up $24 earlier this week, then down $10 from before that, now down another $12 today. I have so many cancellation and confirmation emails in my file that it’s not funny!
Dropped another $22 today! That’s a $92 drop in two weeks. This is for a full size car such as a Camry.

I’ll check every day until we pick it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter