MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-šŸŒøSpring šŸ£into Health ā˜˜ļø

I'm thankful for being able to work from home. The last week in particular the pollen counts have been very high and seasonal allergies have me flattened, but I've been able to make late starts and take naps as needed.

And I'm thankful for dreams coming true. As mentioned yesterday, I've started thinking about a trip to London in the fall. On a wild hair I checked with an acquaintance who does crafting retreats in Scotland to see what they had planned for the fall and there's a retreat focused on watercolor late September. Perfect timing! So I asked her about it even tho I was sure it would be sold out, but no it isn't! So now it looks like I'm going to be doing a second dream trip this year, by combining the retreat with time in London!

Yesterday was not a good day for the city of Warwick it was just crap upon crap upon awful. But today is a new day...the sun is shining and resorttv1 is broadcasting all day from MK...it's lovely background noise.
Our new modular furniture is getting delivered today but one piece is missing I guess so I won't be able to get a full room layout figured out but that's OK I'll make it work.

@Summer2018 Hope you get feeling better soon!
@ShannyMcB - so sorry yesterday was a bad day in your city :grouphug: , but here's to a better day today!

I don't have many plans for the weekend, but hope to get some things done around the house. I have a good few days of working on projects and then I completely put them to the side - I'm going to tackle some of those this weekend!

Honestly, this week has flown by and I can't hardly believe it's Friday. Usually it's the opposite, so I'm not sure what's different, but glad the work week is winding down and excited to bring on the weekend!

I will probably watch a little of the March Madness this weekend. I don't watch basketball any other time of the year really, but enjoy the big tournament!

Last evening it wasn't raining so I got myself outside to do more garden work and got about double what I thought I would do accomplished. I now know I only need one more bag of potting soil then probably eight bags of compost.

I'll pick that up tomorrow when I make the trip to the yarn store in Bainbridge because... I've decided to knit a sweater that they are having a knit-along for... yes, I'm going to knit an entire sweater! It uses the same yarn that the hat I was working on used which has a lot of color changes, so that will help to keep my brain engaged. And look at this one someone else is working on... how can I not do it?

1711121963611.png

I'm planning on taking it on my trip in September (hand knits and Scotland go so well together), which is now booked! Yesterday I put the deposit down on the tour and booked my airfare. I was able to set it up so I can use my Alaska miles so airfare was $300 - woohoo! I'm going London-Edinburgh-tour in Galloway/Dumfries-back to London. Very excited and already having the panic reaction of 'what have I done', but I'll get it all figured out. I'm going to take my time researching hotels so I can find some fun interesting places.

So the weekend will be yarn shopping and finishing the garden prep and getting out for a couple walks.

Happy Friday!!!!

Spent the morning visiting mom, taking her to PT and then meeting my sister for lunchā€¦she took mom after lunch for the rest of the day. Momā€™s doing ok I would say about the same as last Friday, which is fine.

Went to visit my nephew after lunch, he just had his tonsils out but is doing well.

I was glad I got to sit with my sister today and discuss our fall Disney trip. Airlines all have flights out for our dates so I just needed to know how many bags she planned to bring, was she putting my niece in a car seat on the plane, how early of a flight was she comfortable with, does she want to rent a car, ectā€¦now that I know what her and my niece need I can monitor prices and airlines and get us booked when the price is right!

Weekend plans are walking at the SPCA tomorrow in what appears to be a monsoon and taking inventory of what I have for Easter Sunday, what I still need and working on my grocery orders. Sunday is church and probably chores!

I accidently got 5 right, just by guessing.

It is rainy today, perfect in-doors knitting weather. Yesterday I played around with the yarn in my stash and came up with something I thought I would use for the sweater, but of course when I got to the yarn store another color was calling out to me so I ended up with all new yarn. Let's hope there's a sweater in there somewhere...

1711223727785.png

I legitimately got 3 right on the quiz and did A LOT of guessing. One movie I never heard ofā€¦Red something? Anyway, the last Disney movies I saw were Moana, live action Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I was never interested in the movies that were more for boys being a girl mom, so I havenā€™t seen most of the movies on the quiz. There will probably be quite a gap until grand babies enter the picture.

Self-care is trying to get better. Iā€™m suffering with this terribly. Vomiting ended Friday morning, but every other symptom is in full force. Iā€™m washing my sheets for the second time this weekendā€¦hopefully the last. I wouldnā€™t wish this virus on my worst enemy.

So sorry you're still not feeling well summer2018!

Today, DD1 spent the day with us, so it was a great day! Church, lunch at my mom's and dinner with the in-laws. We ate out at a local restaurant, so it was a bit of a change of pace.

My sister and I bought my mom a cabinet for Christmas - DH and I finally got it put together this week. It's absolutely beautiful and we got it back to my mom's house today. She was very happy with is, so that also made it a great day!

We made plans for Easter next week and DD said that she's bringing her boyfriend to Easter lunch, so that was also nice to find out. DH and I have been with him a few times, but he's never met my mom or sister's family, so I'm excited about that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter