• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

Included in the price of the cruise is a $150 one-day park hopper, our price actually went up for it. There are no refunds if you don't use it. But you need to book your bus to the park RIGHT NOW. I am guessing that they are filling up. If you don't want the "free" Disney trip, you can pay again for the Cape Canaveral excursions.

The FE exchange is also covered in our previous posts, in short there are Fish Door Number Markers on every door. People hang an extender off that like a mail box. People who are in the FE-Exch, go on a random day and time and put a small gift (diamond rings are small) in the FE of all the other participants.

Im sorry if I become bothersome! I never saw anywhere that said the park hopper ticket was included??? Is it included for all persons in the cabin? And on the FE exchange, I saw some threads and looked up the FE's on google... What I don't understand is how many gifts do you have to get? One for each person, each day you are at sea??? or are you just assigned one family etc?

Im sorry if I become bothersome! I never saw anywhere that said the park hopper ticket was included??? Is it included for all persons in the cabin? And on the FE exchange, I saw some threads and looked up the FE's on google... What I don't understand is how many gifts do you have to get? One for each person, each day you are at sea??? or are you just assigned one family etc?

Park hopper and transportation to WDW is included in the cruise fare.

Regarding the FE its up to you. People have given stuff for my kids, gift for the adults, 1 gift for the entire cabin, stuff given on pirate night, etc. It all depends how much room you have in your luggage!!

I already have a few ideas brewing for this cruise:rolleyes1

Park hopper and transportation to WDW is included in the cruise fare.

Regarding the FE its up to you. People have given stuff for my kids, gift for the adults, 1 gift for the entire cabin, stuff given on pirate night, etc. It all depends how much room you have in your luggage!!

I already have a few ideas brewing for this cruise:rolleyes1

Where did you see this quoted on the cruiseline website? I am still fighting my boss over Good Friday. If he agrees, I was going to go with Travelocity because they offered the park hopper free. If this is the case with all sailings, I will go through through my regular travel agent.

Where did you see this quoted on the cruiseline website? I am still fighting my boss over Good Friday. If he agrees, I was going to go with Travelocity because they offered the park hopper free. If this is the case with all sailings, I will go through through my regular travel agent.

Don't know where it is on the website.
But for all 8 nights leaving Galveston, a park hopper and transportation is included.

Found my answer..

8-Night Bahamian Cruise

A Disney Cruise Line 8-Night Bahamian Cruise offers a vacation to remember with a day in Key West, a day on Disney's private island Castaway Cay, and a day at Port Canaveral—your gateway to Walt Disney World Resort! Included in your cruise fare is a 1-day Walt Disney World Resort ticket with Park Hopper® option for each Guest in your travel party. At Port Canaveral, complimentary roundtrip transportation is provided between the ship and the Resort. On this round trip departing from Galveston, discover a world of sand, surf and sun blended with all the wonders of the tropics!

Not a bother at all.

Unless otherwise noted, an FE-exch is a round robin deal, not a secret-Santa type deal. Depending on the gift you feel like bringing -- or can get on the airplane, or have room in the luggage for, how much money is left after getting the cruise, if you forgot your cool FE stuff at home and are scrambling in the gift shop, etc --, you can give one per cabin, some per cabin, or one per person, and give different things for kids and adults, which is why our FE list has the cabin, # of people, and if they are kids, teens, or adults, just in case...

We have in the past received too many different things to mention here. Christi said she saw a whole thread dedicated to "what is an appropriate FE gift". It really is like Forest Gump's mom always says, which is what makes it exciting.

The only way the park hopper would be free is if they were giving you $150 off the cruise per person compared to the Disney site. Someone can correct me, but I remember Christi telling me that she saw the fare structure change when Disney added the Parkhopper. I would call it "baked-in" not "free" on the DCL web site.

Well technically he wouldn't have to be paid for because kids sail free... but I would compensate them for helping me out... just not $2000. I would only need help getting him on and off. We haven't talked anyone else into going yet... but I sure am trying!!

Whether he is free or not for the excursions, he has to be checked marked as going on it, which means updating the other cabin's record. This is easy if the two sailing records are linked by a DCL agent, then you can book and cancel for the other cabin just as your own. That would be best case for you. Also, even on kids sail free, there is a couple hundred in port taxes that are not free or eaten by Disney (maybe they are waived for 2 and under, not sure).

So when I say he would have to be paid for, I am meaning that there would likely be $250 - $500 needing to be exchanged from you to whomever's reservation he is on to cover actual expenses to the cruise line.

Another challenge is the type of cabin the other group wants to have. Many cabins have 3 or 4 capacity, and you would probably be fine, if for some reason they wanted a balcony(?) or something that is a double only, they would have to be willing to give that up for your short term guest over there.

As Christi said earlier, during the lifeboat drill, the 2YO would have to be willing to go with the other party to their lifeboat muster station and the way they are divided up, your cabin may or may not go to the same place. There is a list of names, and they check it against the head count.

We actually tried to check into this for my boss, who has three kids, and wanted to go on this cruise with us. After talking logistics with him for 5 minutes we both got a headache and called it off. We are a full quad, and so I would have had to find somebody, but we went from it being a listing of somebody's name on another cabin to it being a royal pain in the toukas in those 5 mins. Good luck and I hope the planets align for you if you go for it.

Also We went to key west on our last cruise and we didn't even know what to do? Any suggestions there?

Key West is really an adult playground, and really a nighttime destination. The talked about events are sunset on Mallory Square, or pub-crawling. We are going to be there in the morning through lunch. I have never been on an itin that actually visited Key West when useful. :sad2: I presume this is to minimize the pub crawling, avoid blocking the view from Mallory Square in some cases, and in our case give enough time to haul-it back to Galveston.

Maybe the Conch Republicans will wake up early for us and open, but I don't know for sure. The research I have done shows several garden viewing options and the butterfly place; some shopping and food down Duval St.; deep sea fishing boats; lots of pubs and several brothels; a pirate tour; and the southernmost point buoy. There are a few beaches, but it depends on man-o-war season, and if you can get to them. I really don't know which are best and have only been to the one near the buoy, which at that time had a couple bathing European-style. :rolleyes1

If I am missing something, would love to know so I can head there, too, with the kids. They just are not fans of taking pictures of the Jimmy Buffett's lyrics written over the urinals and framed at Captain Tony's.

Welcome to GerrysWifeHlt, I added you (and DisneyCruising) to the FE and Meet lists, when you get your cabin number let me know to complete the entry. We are waiting on a few guarantees to pop in last minute cabin assignments.

Happy to help if you have any questions about the Magic (vs. Dream), you have a strong knowledge on this thread to help.
Thank you all for the welcomes :-). I think I'm pretty good on the Magic, especially after reading through this thread. You guys are good!! We are cabin 6570, with Gerry and Heidi, Lizzy (13) and Abi (11). We'd also like to try to make it to the meet-up.

One question, though- last cruise we were on Disney bus from the resort and I don't remember what time they got us there, but we had no lines and got right on. So what is the best time to check in to board, to get through and on board quickly? Is there massive congestion at 1pm?

Thanks. Look forward to meeting everyone!

I'm just putting this in again because I haven't a clue what I'm doing on DisBoards and don't want to get lost in the shuffle. I would add a smilie face if I knew how!!

Welcome to GerrysWifeHlt, I added you (and DisneyCruising) to the FE and Meet lists, when you get your cabin number let me know to complete the entry. We are waiting on a few guarantees to pop in last minute cabin assignments.

Happy to help if you have any questions about the Magic (vs. Dream), you have a strong knowledge on this thread to help.

Hi BlueMarlin - can you confirm if you saw my message from yesterday and got me added to the FE and Meet lists? :thumbsup2

gerryswifehlt said:
One question, though- last cruise we were on Disney bus from the resort and I don't remember what time they got us there, but we had no lines and got right on. So what is the best time to check in to board, to get through and on board quickly? Is there massive congestion at 1pm?

Someone who is has gone out of Galveston before can answer you better than I can. What we do know is that the Port Canaveral terminal is Disney specific and much better, so if you left from the resorts I presume you went to Port Canaveral. the other ports that we have embarked from were not nearly as organized or nice. Transport from the hotels may be staggered and random.

Someone who is has gone out of Galveston before can answer you better than I can. What we do know is that the Port Canaveral terminal is Disney specific and much better, so if you left from the resorts I presume you went to Port Canaveral. the other ports that we have embarked from were not nearly as organized or nice. Transport from the hotels may be staggered and random.

We signed up for the 11 am check-in. I have not gone out of Galveston but I have gone out of a non-Disney terminal with Disney. Since it is not theirs they did not have they considered acceptable Disney waiting places so let everyone start boarding almost immediately. You could not get to your room but you could get on the ship. We had a 11 am boarding in that port. (Barcelona) I am expecting something similar so that was why we went with the earlier boarding time this trip. I hope this helps!

I am sure he will update tonight.

Yes, I am sure.

Tiffany 8536 - You are added
Heidi - Got your cabin 6570
Michelle - 7514 - all set.

We are at 17 cabins. (15 confirmed, 2 undecided). If Trinity joins she is 18. Are we going to cut off at 20 or 25 for the first FE list?

Wondered how good that was? Walked past it last time at EPCOT and couldn't tell from the walkway. Looking for a good review to justify the cost.

We booked it. I have done it in MK and it was pretty good. The best part is not having to worry about where you are going watch and not having to steak out spot in advance. We are looking forward to it!

Updated FE List: 15 confirmed, 3 maybe (incl. Matt, Jenn, & Trinity)

Cabin # Name (First) DIS Board Name

1042 Tiffany LuvTheEars
Doug -
Grady -
Megan -

1048 Chip -
Debbie Nanato2
Kylee -
Camryn -

2085 Michelle urbkols
Jason -
Courtney -
Tyler -

2639 Erik BlueMarlin
Christi stsomewhere
Matt -
Marina -

6103 Matt -
Lisa -
Child -
Child -

6605 Jennifer -
Jordan -
Terick -
Jason -

7126 Kirk -
Denise -

7514 Michelle mmaines1
Lauren
Kasey

7562 Amy disneymom13176
Brian -
Chris -
Andrew -

7620 Misty Mistylynn526
Joe -
Cooper
Camryn

7621 Russell -
Linda -

7622 Bernie -
Carol -

6570 Heidi GerrysWifeHlt
Gerry
Lizzy
Abi

8536 Tiffany Agent Wendy Pleakley
Vaidy
Sabrina
Maya
Layla

? Kevin
Nancy nerick8
Stephanie
Robin

? Abby QueenEleanor
Adi
Tirtzah

? Mom DisneyCruising
Daughter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter