• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

So cool St. Somewhere. You mist be proud. My DD is attending the Tech School and High school. She wants to go into film production and animation. She is studying Digital Media and is involved with Skills USA. She took second place in the local competition and will be going to states after we return from our trip.
This is a unplugg and relax tip for us.:beach:

Could you please have Erik? post a link to the second list for the meet

Thank you.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

That sounds pretty cool.

stsomewhere said:
No school due to article wind chill. The kids will be so happy
Now I have to figure out if I am going to wake them up for their 7:30 orthodontist appointment or reschedule it.

Lucky!!! I teach and have been waiting for a snow day or cold day...no luck yet. Just love the random call that we can all sleep in and enjoy the day together. We had a great winter last year which meant no snow days. Hoping for at least one this year. No snow = a sad 5 yo.

stsomewhere said:
No school due to article wind chill. The kids will be so happy
Now I have to figure out if I am going to wake them up for their 7:30 orthodontist appointment or reschedule it.

Enjoy the wind chill day! I am holding my breath for no snow/ice until after Feb when we get back from my birthday weekend cruise. It's 25 here this morning with a wind chill of 19 I'm sure it's much colder in the north.

Lucky!!! I teach and have been waiting for a snow day or cold day...no luck yet. Just love the random call that we can all sleep in and enjoy the day together. We had a great winter last year which meant no snow days. Hoping for at least one this year. No snow = a sad 5 yo.

The first cold/snow day this year.:cool1:

They were off yesterday for MLK.

ETA- It took the kids to their orthodontist appointment. I did not think it was that bad. My car said it was -1 degree. Wind Chill makes it -25.

Enjoy the wind chill day! I am holding my breath for no snow/ice until after Feb when we get back from my birthday weekend cruise. It's 25 here this morning with a wind chill of 19 I'm sure it's much colder in the north.

We are in NE Ohio where it is a balmy 9º!! No school for any of the kiddos around here.

Two other answers I think I have- Disney Visa card saves 10% on merchandise over $50 at the parks.

There are two different church services on board- Catholic and Protestant.

I have learned how to make door magnets- I am sooo excited! That's what we've been doing with the long weekend. I think we'll have a different theme for every day. Cabin 6570-Come check us out.

And just found out my FE is in the mail (I cannot so worth a darn and didn't want it falling apart the first time someone put something in it -:) ).

[QUOTE="

I have learned how to make door magnets- I am sooo excited! That's what we've been doing with the long weekend. I think we'll have a different theme for every day. Cabin 6570-Come check us out.

[/QUOTE]

How do you make magnets?!?!?!?

stsomewhere said:
The first cold/snow day this year.:cool1:

They were off yesterday for MLK.

ETA- It took the kids to their orthodontist appointment. I did not think it was that bad. My car said it was -1 degree. Wind Chill makes it -25.

We were off yesterday as well. It was 7 in my car this am and -14 wind chill. I think we might get snow Sunday...fingers crossed!

No snow days here. Not to rub it in buts gonna be 75. Few more months and we all get to enjoy the sunshine with a liquid refreshment.

urbkols said:
No snow days here. Not to rub it in buts gonna be 75. Few more months and we all get to enjoy the sunshine with a liquid refreshment.

Where are you? I'd trade the 14 now for 75 any day!!!! Sunshine and drinks...can't wait!!!!

My mom and I were in Santa Monica in Sept. (before our Disney Pixar Cruise).
It was cold. We were sitting around the fire-pit at Lowes in sweatshirts and long pants. We were freezing.

How do you make magnets?!?!?!?

There are two different ways that I'm doing it, but anyone who knows better, please feel free to add, because as I said, I am just figuring it out.

I have scrapbooking cutting tools, so I already had a head start on materials.
Hobby Lobby sells magnetic "paper" that can be used in an ink jet printer. Just find the pics you want then print them up the size you want and cut them out. The quality just printed on our computer is awesome!! I'm not computer savvy so I'm not adding extra graphics or anything.....yet :)

The other way is to print pictures and then put them on magnet sheets ( sold in different sizes at craft stores) that are sticky on one side, magnet on the other. Then cut them out in the shapes, sizes you want. It's taken me and my daughters some trial and error, but we're having fun with it!!

The easiest way is to go on Etsy where they sell them, if you have more $ than creativity :)

Ask and ye shall receive: List for the FE #2 and second half of the meet.

I posted a link and then Christi recommended I merge all the lists. So look for the tabs at the bottom for FE #1, FE #2, and DisMeetOnly

The second half is:
(No one has rooms listed yet that I saw)
FE
Mad4Eeyore - Tanya
TrixieM - Mary Beth

DisMeet Only
Loncon4 - ?
GlitterGurl ?
FrogMBA - Kim

I feel kind of bad asking this, but would you mind also adding how many boys and girls are on the FE lists, please....

Thanks, if you can do it:)

MAD4EEYORE said:
Welcome! Just post your cabin number and who is in it and any children ages and Blue Marlin will add you to the list.

We don't have a cabin number yet because we have a guarantee room.

I know we are probably late joining but am excited that we are still able to participate!

Thanks!

Julie
DH-Sean
DS-Daniel (3)
DS-Reed (2)

I feel kind of bad asking this, but would you mind also adding how many boys and girls are on the FE lists, please....

Thanks, if you can do it:)

If you click on the bottom of the screen of the FE link. There are buttons for FE #1, FE #2, and DIs meet only.

It breaks the cabins down.

Thanks for adding us to the list! Despite the frigid weather, our district did not call the day off today. But my middle daughter's school did not have power, so we are using her day off to get started on our FE gifts. And we made a countdown chain which is proudly on display in the kitchen. Needless to say, we are really excited for our first cruise!

It's nice to see we will not be the only ones making the long drive from Michigan--I got a lot of incredulous looks when I told my family and friends about our plan.

Thanks for adding us to the list! Despite the frigid weather, our district did not call the day off today. But my middle daughter's school did not have power, so we are using her day off to get started on our FE gifts. And we made a countdown chain which is proudly on display in the kitchen. Needless to say, we are really excited for our first cruise!

It's nice to see we will not be the only ones making the long drive from Michigan--I got a lot of incredulous looks when I told my family and friends about our plan.

Our family thinks that we are crazy to drive. The other 3 families are flying.
We don't mind driving.

None of the school districts around us were closed. There were 95 school closings but most were charter schools.

Christi

Christi

I live in Southern California. About 20 minutes from Disneyland. We had a "cold" December. This weekend started warming up and hopefully it stays like this for a little bit.

stsomewhere said:
Our family thinks that we are crazy to drive. The other 3 families are flying.
We don't mind driving.

None of the school districts around us were closed. There were 95 school closings but most were charter schools.

Christi

Christi

Everyone thinks we're crazy driving too, I'm good with it, but may be crazy once we get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter