• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 29, 2013 8 Nights on the Magic

gerryswifehlt said:
Hi everyone!

Also, for the rotation (this is a long cruise newbie question here),why are we in the same restaurant twice in a row- once for formal night and one casual?

From what I read was that the menu was different on formal night so that's why we eat at the same restaurant the next night.

Isn't there a different menu on pirate night as well? I still dream and drool over the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes I had on the Dream. I'm sad it's not on the AP menu for the Magic.

Hi everyone!! I am new to all of this - discussion forums, cruises, you name it! :confused3 My family of six will all be taking our first cruise EVER. I see you talking about FE. What is that? Does anyone know if anything special is planned for Easter on the cruise? Thanks for any help.
See post #376 about the FE as noted by another member. If you go to this link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966, it's a Disney Cruise Line FAQ by members. I have found such great tips and advice for the cruise line as well as abbreviation for this board. For the first couple of nights on this board, I didn't know what was a DW (darling wife), DH(darling husband), etc. Alot of great information for first time Disney cruisers like myself.

Julie

I thought we were the only crazy ones for driving from Michigan. Way too expensive for six of us to fly!!!

There seems be alot of people from out of town driving to Galveston. We live about 30 minutes from the port and for those of you that doesn't know, there is a new outlet on the way to Galveston that has a Disney Store. If you want to save some extra $$, you may consider buying disney gifts and t shirts there so you don't have to buy them on the cruise or at WDW.

Here is the website for directions and store information. http://www.tangeroutlet.com/houston/area-information

Julie

pchyjewels said:
There seems be alot of people from out of town driving to Galveston. We live about 30 minutes from the port and for those of you that doesn't know, there is a new outlet on the way to Galveston that has a Disney Store. If you want to save some extra $$, you may consider buying disney gifts and t shirts there so you don't have to buy them on the cruise or at WDW.

Here is the website for directions and store information. http://www.tangeroutlet.com/houston/area-information

Julie

Thanks for the tip! We don't have a Disney outlet store near us. That's a good thing though I'd be buying the store out.

I thought we were the only crazy ones for driving from Michigan. Way too expensive for six of us to fly!!!

I agree. The rest of our family is flying.

One of my sisters bought airfare for her family of four last month. It was $525 pp.

I checked it the other night and for the flights we would need it was $900 pp. Crazy.

My mom is watching the fares daily for a good deal. They are thinking about staying Saturday night near the airport and flying home early Sunday morning.

FE- Small gifts delivered to cabins. You would need to deliver your gifts to your assigned cabins sometime during the cruise. I have gotten pencils, stickers, candy, magnets, sewing kits, notebooks, key chains, christmas ornaments, cd, etc. It is whatever you want to give. It can be fun but it can be a pain to deliver.

Hi everyone!

We are working hard on our FE gifts already and would like to personalize some of them with first names. We are going with the names on FE-1 as they are written. Please forgive us if they are spelled wrong.

Also, for the rotation (this is a long cruise newbie question here),why are we in the same restaurant twice in a row- once for formal night and one casual?

We are main dining, but is there a way to find out which one we start in?

Thank you. This is a great group here!! I've heard stories about lame cruise meet threads- this is definitely not one of them, though!!

You will not know your dining rotation until you get on the ship. You can request one with DCl but it is not guaranteed you will get it

Example rotation.
LAAPOAPL

Fri- Lumierie's mennu- specific for rotational dining in Lumierie's
Sat- Animator's Palate- Formal night all dining rooms same menu
Sun- Animator's Palate- specific menu for AP . changes black/ white to color
Mon- Pirate Cay- specific menu for Parrot cay
Tues- Open ? not sure how this is handled due to WDW
Wed- Animator's Palate- Pirate Menu the same in all dining rooms
Thurs- Parrot Cay- semi formal- same menu all dining rooms
Fri-Lumier's- same menu all dining rooms

Christi

Example rotation.
LAAPOAPL

This example helps so much, I was a little confused about how the dining works. I understand much better now.

Thanks, Christi--as a first-timer I am really glad I found this group!

Ohhh, no. Too late for that now, I already wrote it. :surfweb: The Summary Tab now has a boy child and girl child count.

Thank you!! You are an awesome spreadsheet maker, but I am sorry I didn't see the tab where I could have just counted on my own. That's my learning curve, yeah??

You will not know your dining rotation until you get on the ship. You can request one with DCl but it is not guaranteed you will get it

Example rotation.
LAAPOAPL

Christi

Thanks, that really helps make things clearer! And it doesn't matter where we eat, just when we eat. I can leave something as a mystery :-).

Hi gerryswifehlt,

Did you see my response about the VIP tour?

I did not see your VIP Tour response. Sorry, this thread has so much action it's hard to keep up with. :) I'll see if I can find it, unless you'd like to repeat it?

Ok, I did see it. I don't think my husband is too thrilled with the idea of spending over $200 for it, and my kids want to go on our own (not that they have the final say at all!). But, keep me posted if anyone else wants to do it to make it 10. Or if there is a larger family that wants to REALLY was hoping to do it, they can instead of us.

We are really still undecided, but if it's only 8, I think we need to bow out. Sorry. Feel free to repost to see what the interest is.

I did not see your VIP Tour response. Sorry, this thread has so much action it's hard to keep up with. :) I'll see if I can find it, unless you'd like to repeat it?

Ok, I did see it. I don't think my husband is too thrilled with the idea of spending over $200 for it, and my kids want to go on our own (not that they have the final say at all!). But, keep me posted if anyone else wants to do it to make it 10. Or if there is a larger family that wants to REALLY was hoping to do it, they can instead of us.

We are really still undecided, but if it's only 8, I think we need to bow out. Sorry. Feel free to repost to see what the interest is.

Ok, sounds good. I will ask the group again in a couple weeks to see if there is any more interest. I think we still have plenty of time to decide, it didn't sound like the tour was on the verge of being sold out, lol! Also, I found out that payment is due the day after the tour. Thanks!! Annie

I agree. The rest of our family is flying.

One of my sisters bought airfare for her family of four last month. It was $525 pp.

I checked it the other night and for the flights we would need it was $900 pp. Crazy.

My mom is watching the fares daily for a good deal. They are thinking about staying Saturday night near the airport and flying home early Sunday morning.

FE- Small gifts delivered to cabins. You would need to deliver your gifts to your assigned cabins sometime during the cruise. I have gotten pencils, stickers, candy, magnets, sewing kits, notebooks, key chains, christmas ornaments, cd, etc. It is whatever you want to give. It can be fun but it can be a pain to deliver.
What day are you guys heading down?

We are leaving on wed night. Planning on driving straight through. We are staying Thursday night in Galveston.

Christi

Not sure if we will leave Tuesday night or Wed morning. We plan on driving straight through as well. Should be interesting :drive:

Not sure if we will leave Tuesday night or Wed morning. We plan on driving straight through as well. Should be interesting :drive:

It is about 22 hour drive for us. I would love to leave earlier but the kids can't miss too much school.

What part of Michigan a re you from?

Christi

We live in the Upper Peninsula.

That adds quite a bit to your drive. Are thou plans on going through Wisconsin?
We love the UP. We are planning on camping at Tahquemon Falls over the summer.
we haven't been up there in a few years.

My uncle moved to Newberry last year to become a pastor.

Christi

That adds quite a bit to your drive. Are thou plans on going through Wisconsin?
We love the UP. We are planning on camping at Tahquemon Falls over the summer.
we haven't been up there in a few years.

My uncle moved to Newberry last year to become a pastor.

Christi

:rotfl2: I live in Newberry. We camp at the Falls all the time!!

Who is your Uncle? What church?? Too funny!!! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter