• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 4, 2012 7-night Mexican Riviera Cruise (Disney Wonder)

Hello All, This is my first time on any chat site, ever. I'm just so excited about this cruise, I thought I'd check out to see what everyone had to say about it. Sounds like a great time.

Has anyone ever had a late dinner seating with a 9 year old? How did that go for you?

CMMM

Welcome! I can't comment on how late seating goes as I've always had main seating. I know they'll be a location posted in the Navigator that you can go to once you board the ship and ask if you can be moved to main seating, sometimes they are able to accomodate you.

I stopped by Target today and picked up a photo mat to have signed by the characters (via Guest Services), as well as a couple more Disney gift cards to cover onboard expenses like tips and Palo. Gotta love that extra 5% discount!

I'm probably behind on packing. At least I have the suitcases out of the closet! :upsidedow Anyone else feel like they're probably going to way over-pack? Between clothes for different temps, dinner outfits, etc. I feel like we're taking a ton!

I am sure I am overpacking too, but I just don't know what I will need and I don't want to not have something. Oh well! We are going to be on the Disney Cruise, so who cares, right??

Right! I want our family to look nice for a few photos, but I really want to relax... even if that means dressing down... and ponytails... and no makeup! :scared1:

Works for me!

I still need to go to Target for a few more things and I haven't even finished my FE gifts yet, oh well there's always Saturday.:laughing:

I've been getting ready like a crazy person! We've had all sorts of drama going on in the last couple of months and things just got away from me. I just have to go pick up some ribbon so that I can finish up my FE gifts, because I ran out when I was SO CLOSE to being done. Luckily, that's a five minute project once I have the ribbon in hand, so I could finish those in the terminal if it came down to it. :P Other than that, I just need to make a quick trip to Target to pick up some sandals for my 3-year-old, because he outgrew his old ones, and I think I want to get a hat for myself to wear on the beach. And the bank for some singles.

I swear, every time I think I'm about to check off the last item on my list, I add something else! I made our FE a couple of days ago, sewing it all by hand instead of just getting out the sewing machine, and now I'm thinking I should add something to the top of it. Why do I do this to myself?!

Oh well! In a few more days it will all be out of my hands, one way or another.

I stopped by Target today and picked up a photo mat to have signed by the characters (via Guest Services), as well as a couple more Disney gift cards to cover onboard expenses like tips and Palo. Gotta love that extra 5% discount!

I'm probably behind on packing. At least I have the suitcases out of the closet! :upsidedow Anyone else feel like they're probably going to way over-pack? Between clothes for different temps, dinner outfits, etc. I feel like we're taking a ton!

Re: packing, I feel the same way because I read some trip reports from a few weeks ago & people were saying how cold they were on the ship. I feel like that too, we really have to be prepared for all types of weather.

Re:.....5% discount. Fill me in. Is there an advantage to paying for stuff onboard with a Disney Gift card? Do tell? Where did you buys yours? Target or the Dis Store? popcorn::

I am so excited & like the rest of you I keep thinking I am done & then....oops there is another thing I remembered. :idea:

Can't wait to meet everyone & start the fun with my family. By the way... my real name is Beth. See ya in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

:banana::banana:My vacation starts today at 4:30:banana::banana:!!!!!!! I have so much to do in the next two days before we leave, Im still not done with my fe and have a ton to still pack. I have been checking the weather and we should be in 80's for the most part. When is everyone leaving for cali? We are leaving at 9am on saturday. Oh man I can't wait my DS has been counting down based on sleeps yesterday he told his teach he only had 3 more sleeps until we go see mickey mouse lol. Have a great day everyone!!!

Re:.....5% discount. Fill me in. Is there an advantage to paying for stuff onboard with a Disney Gift card? Do tell? Where did you buys yours? Target or the Dis Store? popcorn::

If you have a Target Redcard (their credit card) you get 5% off your Target purchases. They sell Disney gift cards there (near the electronics department usually), so it's a little bit of savings. I'll apply the gift cards to our account onboard. You can also use them to pay for your cruise itself, which is a great savings, but I didn't know about that until after our final payment!

When is everyone leaving for cali? We are leaving at 9am on saturday.

We'll practically be car-pooling! Also planning to leave Phoenix around 9:00 on Saturday AM. We'll be driving a white Toyota Sienna minivan. Honk if you see us! (I'll laugh if we get to the DIS meet and realize we saw each other at the same rest area on the way out!)

I have tons to do also! The list never ends! But, I was wondering if you were checking the weather for the two port cities or if you knew of a way to check the weather while we are at sea? I would be so thrilled if the weather was 80's!!! Somehow it won't feel as relaxing to me to have my tropical cocktail in hand if it is chilly :laughing:!

We'll practically be car-pooling! Also planning to leave Phoenix around 9:00 on Saturday AM. We'll be driving a white Toyota Sienna minivan. Honk if you see us! (I'll laugh if we get to the DIS meet and realize we saw each other at the same rest area on the way out!)

I have a blue F150 lol

:banana::banana:My vacation starts today at 4:30:banana::banana:!!!!!!! I have so much to do in the next two days before we leave, Im still not done with my fe and have a ton to still pack. I have been checking the weather and we should be in 80's for the most part. When is everyone leaving for cali? We are leaving at 9am on saturday. Oh man I can't wait my DS has been counting down based on sleeps yesterday he told his teach he only had 3 more sleeps until we go see mickey mouse lol. Have a great day everyone!!!

So precious that your son is counting the "sleeps" I love it. My DD has been counting down the days with her teacher each day. My DD & I disagree on how to count down. I never include the current day in the count & she does. he he

Much to my husband's dismay we are leaving Phoenix at 6am :scared1:....when you meet him don't tell him you left at 9am (he will be jealous)....te he :laughing:

Getting out of town will involve a trip to Starbucks & the gas station, so really we will probably hit the road at 7am.

We are in a Silver VW Jetta, but will be far ahead. I don't know why I always leave so early on trips...just a habit I guess.

:banana::banana::banana:

Hello All, This is my first time on any chat site, ever. I'm just so excited about this cruise, I thought I'd check out to see what everyone had to say about it. Sounds like a great time.

Has anyone ever had a late dinner seating with a 9 year old? How did that go for you?

CMMM

We've only had late seatings on previous cruises, DD was 8 on one, and 10 on the other. We didn't have any problems, there was always food around if she couldn't wait.

Surprisingly, all our stuff fit into four normal sized suitcases, plus one little roller we'll carry on! Yay! :cool1:

My daughters our beyond excited. Should be a fun 6 hour car ride tomorrow. :scared1:

We have SO MUCH luggage... I'm nervous about dealing with it all! I should have done a couple of giant suitcases, but instead I did one small one for each of our clothes, plus one for all of our "stuff", my carry on, the camera bag, my purse, and my FE stuff. And I packed it all last weekend, other than the last minute stuff, so now I'm worried that I'm forgetting that I didn't put something into one of them! C'est la vie, I suppose.

We will be heading out around 1PM tomorrow, since it's just a couple of hours from San Diego. We'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza... I'll be the harried mom with two crazy little boys. Our big plans include ordering room service (probably) and watching a movie in the room. ;) I can't believe it's finally time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter