March Break Flights - YHZ - MCO - Advice

cantwaitforwdw

Mouseketeer
We are planning to travel to WDW March 10th - 19th, 2023 from YHZ to MCO. Flight choices are limited and expensive, can I expect any more to be added and when?

I would not expect additional flights to be added from YHZ. If anything, you might see a direct flight dropped (but hopefully not). I think what you see is what you get at this stage.

We are planning to travel to WDW March 10th - 19th, 2023 from YHZ to MCO. Flight choices are limited and expensive, can I expect any more to be added and when?
I watch YHZ March break pretty closely (especially direct flights) and this year is more limited than ever - which has made everything that is there most expensive. I don't think anything else will be added between now and then and I doubt prices will drop much. Air Transat and Sunwing were the last to add direct flights so you might want to check there if you haven't already.

These are our exact dates,,except we are flying out of Toronto YYZ. Even for TO,, flights are limited. We are flying into Tampa and out of Orlando,,,down with AC and home with Sunwing. Just to get our flights and try to save on cost a little. Now if your renting a car that might be an option,,,but if not then you need to fly into Orlando. You can see about flying to Sanford,,,not sure if any direct flights from Halifax or not. Or fly to Montreal or TO and increase the flight options.

Falalaluck. Just got an email from AC that my flights for Feb23-Mar12 trip were cancelled.

Booked using Aeroplan this past April. 244000 points for 5 people.

Guess what new flights will cost? 444000 points. I can conveniently pay them 5000$ to buy the 200K points I need.

I am so done with Air Canada. They screwed up a previous flight so cancelled and flew out of USA. Just going to have to do the same here - if I now have to pay 5K for flights I'm not giving it to AC just to have them change flights again.

Rant over?

Falalaluck. Just got an email from AC that my flights for Feb23-Mar12 trip were cancelled.

Guess what new flights will cost? 444000 points. I can conveniently pay them 5000$ to buy the 200K points I need.

I am so done with Air Canada. They screwed up a previous flight so cancelled and flew out of USA. Just going to have to do the same here - if I now have to pay 5K for flights I'm not giving it to AC just to have them change flights again.

Rant over?
Oh no!! Were yours direct flights ? I just checked our Mar 2-12 flights and so far they are still there. We are direct on the way there but not on the way back.

I’m surprised they are charging you to change flights. In the past with AC when they cancel or do a time change I am able to pick any other flight I want for no cost.

Rant over?
That's horrible that they don't let you rebook at same cost as this is their cancellation. That is so not right.

We booked our March break through AC as well back in April when they were released. They changed the time on us once (small amount on both ends) and have changed our seats about 4 or 5 times . The seat change annoyed us as we paid extra to select our seats, but they did refund us that cost. Our last change moved us to a large airplane so they must have extra bookings or consolidated flights.

I hope you are a able to find a replacement flight at a more decent cost.

Rant over?
If AC cancelled the flights, they should be providing you an alternative without charging you more, in points or $. I just hope you didn't accept any of their "changes" because once you do that, they won't help you.

Westjet isn’t any better. Our flights home were originally direct but got switched to an 80-minute connection through Pearson, which we missed.

Flights are so expensive right now. I booked 7 people YYZ to MCO for Feb. and it is close to $8000. Wasn't all that long ago where I could have done it for less than $4500.
It is what it is though. I can't change the fees.

Westjet isn’t any better. Our flights home were originally direct but got switched to an 80-minute connection through Pearson, which we missed.
I wonder if this is common? I sure do love that direct and am willing to pay a premium to be on it. I would be seriously cranky if my premium direct flight got switched.

We had never flown into YYZ Terminal 3 before (always Air Canada Terminal 1), and what a $hit show. Signage was horrible, I had no idea where to go. I am going to make written notes so I remember in the future. I never had any issues navigating Terminal 1 in YYZ.

I wonder if this is common? I sure do love that direct and am willing to pay a premium to be on it. I would be seriously cranky if my premium direct flight got switched.
Westjet has been doing that for years. 15 years ago, they cancelled my direct YYZ to Kelowna the night before it left. I ended up with 4 hours in Edmonton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter