• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March of the First Order is ending July 7th

Bummer, but understandable if they're worried about crowd flow. Having that block traffic a half dozen times a day isn't going to work if the park is operating at our near capacity.

Any confirmation on Jedi Training either way? It isn't on the calendar after 7/6. I'm assuming it is at least in discussion to meet the same fate.

I usually watch the March 3 or 4 times a day when we are there, really going to miss it. Glad I caught it wen I was there beginning of the month.

@Truxi I was entertained by it, but I also worked for a now defunct toy store that had a lifesize Lego Darth Vader and storm troopers at corporate HQ. Yeah because that's not intimidating...."you need to come to corporate for a meeting....and look who is greeting you"

Also minority opinion but I’m in the “fine with this” camp too. I fully concede I’m not really a Star Wars person so I was not the target audience for this in the first place.... just always seemed “forced” with not that much entertainment value?? :duck::crutches:

Also minority opinion but I’m in the “fine with this” camp too. I fully concede I’m not really a Star Wars person so I was not the target audience for this in the first place.... just always seemed “forced” with not that much entertainment value?? :duck::crutches:

Oh, for us SW fans it has a huge entertainment value. For those who don’t like SW I’m sure it’s boring and annoying. For me, there is no other street entertainment anywhere at WDW that is even half as good. It’s thrilling to hear that awesome John Williams music and see the villians from the movie marching to it in reality, not on a screen. And the inspection on the street is fantastic, it’s different every time as they react to guests SW clothing and such.

I'm not a Star Wars junkie. I would say I mildly like it, as I grew up in the age of the original 3 movies. I thought the march was neat. It was fun, they were/are interactive and it was cool to hear the music blasting in the park. I do agree it didn't quite "fit" in the park theming overall, but I still enjoyed it. I'm sure something bigger and better will be in SWGE.

I can only imagine how hot those poor people must be inside those costumes in a mid-summer daytime march. Every time I watched it, that's what went through my mind.

july 7 is our park day for hs....will it be happening on that day or is thst 1st day without it? really hoping to see it

All of the Star Wars things they had going right now seemed like things thrown together just to keep the Star Wars interest going in the park until SW:GE opened, acting more as a placeholder than anything else. I always assumed everything Star Wars related in the park would shift over to SW:GE when it opened. I hope it returns I some fashion though, it was still pretty cool and created a neat atmosphere when it was going.

We enjoyed this every much. Have had great interaction with the Storm Troopers at Launch Bay, especially the time my DD was dressed as Rey and the time we wore our First Order caps. Sad that our end of July trip won't have it, but hopefully, the roving Storm Troopers will continue once SWGE opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter