Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

UGH so since this post we had some news.. I have to vent, I'm sorry to load this on you all but I've got to get it out..

GOOD - we were pre-approved for 100K on a move in ready stick built home (on Monday 4/21) YAY !!!
BAD - nothing in our immediate area or within 25 miles of where we work now.. BOO
GOOD - Found some decent ones in outlying towns further south or north so instead of 20 miles from home it could be up to 35 miles but all highway so timing is only about 10 mins longer of a drive, that will only raise our monthly payments by most of $250 (for our fave one but down to low as only $100 on our third choice ) very doable.. YAY!!!!
BAD - my biggest supporter my Mom - is being a Debbie downer right now.. she thinks I should wait till next year till my bankruptcy falls off and get a bigger loan for newer/nicer/more expensive house which I do NOT want to have a larger house payment because I like the fun stuff my hubs and I can afford to do now so we don't want to be trapped by a large house payment again - I've lost one house that way already in my life and don't plan on letting that happen again! WORSE - I'm a stress eater so because I was do disappointed by my mom's reaction to the very nice houses I sent her that I eat every single bad thing in my house last night (chips, candy, crackers, ice cream cones!!!!!) BOOO BOOOO BOOOOOO

anyhow the ones I am looking at are all at least 3 bedroom places so that means my DD (boyfriend and doggie) can move back in with me YAY and get away from her wicked stepmother and spineless dad (he never stands up for my kids - he just blocks out the witch and lets her run the house meaning my DD gets the brunt of it mostly) I assume my DS will still stay with me one week and my Ex one week but we'll see what he decides - his drive to school will be the same no matter what house he picks..

here are the pics I sent my mom. this is my 1st choice .. It has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths this one has had lots of updates new flooring, new paint, new appliances, new window, new insulation
View attachment 159291

this is choice number 2.. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath - it's my DD and Sisters fave.
View attachment 159292

and this is number 3 .. its the one that cost the least but still has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathsView attachment 159293

anyway thanks you ladies for listening to me today.. I'll be back at lunch time.. Hugs and best wished to all. Michelle

NUMBER TWO! I can only really see the outside picture on my phone but it's ADORABLE.

Eek - late on my Woohoo. Yesterday's Woohoo is that my boyfriend put me in touch with a guy looking for graphic design work - logo design specifically. Apparently a bunch of other designers were in the running and my design got picked! It feels so great and makes me feel even more confident about my application for graphic design school (still waiting on the verdict there). I showed my boyfriend the logo and he was shocked at how good it was (I'm completely self-taught), saying he thinks I've found my calling :cloud9:

Question of the Day – Thursday, March 31st:

5944173067_fb0fbac4df_b.jpg

The finale of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade features characters and scenes from the Disney classic Mary Poppins. This unit includes many of the amazing songs from the movie, including "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," "A Spoonful of Sugar," and "Step in Time."

For many people, music can form a soundtrack for our lives. There are songs that we can related to when we are struggling, and songs that we can relate to when we succeed. There are songs that motivate us to work harder, and songs that help us celebrate when we succeed.

The month is almost over – what is your swan song for the month of March? Is there a song (Disney or otherwise) that you feel sums up your journey this month? Do you have a song that will keep you energized and on track to finish the month strong?

Today is the official last day of the challenge – so don’t forget to get me your final progress report! I’ll be posting the final progress update on Saturday night, so you have until then to report how you ended the month!
QOTD: "Walking on sunshine" for a few reasons.. 1) It started getting sunny and beautiful out and I'm just adoring the weather 2) I feel like I'm stepping out of my comfort zone here with a career switch.. so far it's been such a positive move, I feel like I'm walking on clouds/sunshine 3) There's a PTR here on the boards with that title and it makes me happy! ::yes::

Recipe please?? I love soups and I really like peas! In fact, we will probably be sowing peas on Monday!

Oh man... I was taught without precise measurements and in broken Hungarian/English which is why mine is not perfect, but I'm going to try. Haha!

Boil a 1/2-1 lb of peas in a generous amount of salted water for about 10-15 minutes. Heat about 4 tablespoons of oil in a small pan. Once hot add a few tablespoons of flour to make a roux (about 2... maybe 3). It needs to be thin and easy to stir -- not thick (this is part I got wrong-- I think mine was too thick. If so, add more oil to make it smooth). Take it off the heat and add about 2 tbsp of paprika (the spicy paprika is the best!). Be careful not to burn the paprika as you add it as it sours the taste. Once mixed, put it back on the heat and slowly add about 1 cup to 1.5 cups of milk (also this is the one time to go whole hog and use whole milk-- the watered down stuff has no taste when added to the big pot of water later) to the roux stirring constantly and mixing well. Dump the roux in the boiling peas and throw in small handful (maybe 1/3 cup) of fresh cut parsley. Let it boil for just a few minutes to mix. Then let it rest a few minutes. That's it!

It's called főzelék (or zöldborsófőzelék’ for the pea version) if you want to google and maybe find some precise measurements. I've seen it made with sour cream, heavy cream, and more seasoning stuff (garlic, onions, etc), but I like the simple taste of just this. You can certainly play with it. You can use green beans instead of the peas, add other veggies, etc. It's versatile. Traditionally it's eaten with a side of bread or fasírt, which is basically fried meatloaf. So good! But not healthy at all haha!

The month is almost over – what is your swan song for the month of March? Is there a song (Disney or otherwise) that you feel sums up your journey this month? Do you have a song that will keep you energized and on track to finish the month strong?

@HappyGrape nailed it! But.... if I had to come up with another it would be Painting the Roses Red.... I did the wrong things and ate the wrong foods mid month and when life threw me curve balls. So NOW I have been scrambling around trying to right my wrongs! :rotfl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final percentage this month: 45%

I am doing this the super slow and steady way apparently... but I will take my loses where I can get 'em!

NUMBER TWO! I can only really see the outside picture on my phone but it's ADORABLE.
Thanks, it is really very cute from the pics.. has window seats.. something my kitty cat will love! it has a double living room with a fireplace, (so one side for TV and one side for Scrapping!) there are built in's in each bedroom, has a mud room.. the dining room has a built in hutch (see pic on the left side) it's a corner lot too

Bedroom 1 Built-ins, Closet
Bedroom 2 Built-ins, Closet
Kitchen 1
Living 1 Wood burning Fireplace
Dining 1 Built-ins
Mud Room 1

Appliances: Dishwasher, Dryer, Range-Electric, Refrigerator, Washer

and this is the write up: Remarks: 3 bedroom Bungalow in Auburn, close to schools and shopping. It also offers 1 bath, fireplace, window seats, hardwood flooring, nice front porch, many built-ins, double living room, newer furnace, windows, formal dining room. $2000 will go to buyer for updates or upgrades. Priced Right!

it is also the most expensive one - but again only adding $250 to our current rent payment so affordable!

402 built in hutch.jpg

UGH so since this post we had some news.. I have to vent, I'm sorry to load this on you all but I've got to get it out..

GOOD - we were pre-approved for 100K on a move in ready stick built home (on Monday 4/21) YAY !!!
BAD - nothing in our immediate area or within 25 miles of where we work now.. BOO
GOOD - Found some decent ones in outlying towns further south or north so instead of 20 miles from home it could be up to 35 miles but all highway so timing is only about 10 mins longer of a drive, that will only raise our monthly payments by most of $250 (for our fave one but down to low as only $100 on our third choice ) very doable.. YAY!!!!
BAD - my biggest supporter my Mom - is being a Debbie downer right now.. she thinks I should wait till next year till my bankruptcy falls off and get a bigger loan for newer/nicer/more expensive house which I do NOT want to have a larger house payment because I like the fun stuff my hubs and I can afford to do now so we don't want to be trapped by a large house payment again - I've lost one house that way already in my life and don't plan on letting that happen again! WORSE - I'm a stress eater so because I was do disappointed by my mom's reaction to the very nice houses I sent her that I eat every single bad thing in my house last night (chips, candy, crackers, ice cream cones!!!!!) BOOO BOOOO BOOOOOO

anyhow the ones I am looking at are all at least 3 bedroom places so that means my DD (boyfriend and doggie) can move back in with me YAY and get away from her wicked stepmother and spineless dad (he never stands up for my kids - he just blocks out the witch and lets her run the house meaning my DD gets the brunt of it mostly) I assume my DS will still stay with me one week and my Ex one week but we'll see what he decides - his drive to school will be the same no matter what house he picks..

here are the pics I sent my mom. this is my 1st choice .. It has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths this one has had lots of updates new flooring, new paint, new appliances, new window, new insulation
View attachment 159291

this is choice number 2.. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath - it's my DD and Sisters fave.
View attachment 159292

and this is number 3 .. its the one that cost the least but still has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathsView attachment 159293

anyway thanks you ladies for listening to me today.. I'll be back at lunch time.. Hugs and best wished to all. Michelle
They are all really cute - you can't go wrong! #2 definitely has the most curb appeal, but it's easier to change landscaping than floor plans! That's too bad about your Mom and too bad about the longer commute - hopefully it won't be too painful. I love looking at houses - so am a bit jealous right now since we're not going anywhere and my kids are getting bigger by the minute making my house feel smaller by the minute!

Final results for March (I won't be able to weigh myself again until Saturday, so today's weigh in will have to do):

My goal was 14 lbs for March.

I ended up losing 14 1/2 lbs which puts me at 104% of my goal.

While I'm very happy with the end result, I've been pretty lazy the last couple days and I need to get motivated again. I'll be leaving shortly for our state football conference at U of I, and that means unhealthy food and beers. I know the hotel has a good gym, so I've decided to really flip this trip and make it a mini "biggest loser" weight loss contest to try and lose the 4 1/2 lbs I need to get to my 50 lbs mark. Hopefully I can do it or get close - I find eating on the road away from home to be tough.

Question of the Day – Thursday, March 31st:

5944173067_fb0fbac4df_b.jpg

The finale of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade features characters and scenes from the Disney classic Mary Poppins. This unit includes many of the amazing songs from the movie, including "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," "A Spoonful of Sugar," and "Step in Time."

For many people, music can form a soundtrack for our lives. There are songs that we can related to when we are struggling, and songs that we can relate to when we succeed. There are songs that motivate us to work harder, and songs that help us celebrate when we succeed.

Today is the official last day of the challenge – so don’t forget to get me your final progress report! I’ll be posting the final progress update on Saturday night, so you have until then to report how you ended the month!
I can't think of a song that fits my journey, but I can tell you the playlist that has been getting me through the month - Amazon Prime Music's "80's songs for Runners". Every song is better than the next (if you like 80's music, which this old fogey does). I don't know why it took me so long to take advantage of Prime Music. I was listening to Spotify with all it's commercials for the longest time. If you have prime and haven't tried it - give it a go, it's great!

Also, my regular weigh in reporting day is Saturday, but since the scale was super kind to me this morning, I'll go ahead and report my end of the month progress today- as of today, I've lost 1.7lbs since my last weigh in or 9.9lbs over this month. That's .1 short of my 10lb goal or 99% of goal. Even though I didn't make it to 10lbs, I'm thrilled because I wanted a goal that would keep be striving and I think I picked a good one!

Thanks, it is really very cute from the pics.. has window seats.. something my kitty cat will love! it has a double living room with a fireplace, (so one side for TV and one side for Scrapping!) there are built in's in each bedroom, has a mud room.. the dining room has a built in hutch (see pic on the left side) it's a corner lot too

Bedroom 1 Built-ins, Closet
Kitchen 1
Living 1 Wood burning Fireplace
Dining 1 Built-ins
Mud Room 1

Appliances: Dishwasher, Dryer, Range-Electric, Refrigerator, Washer

and this is the write up: Remarks: 3 bedroom Bungalow in Auburn, close to schools and shopping. It also offers 1 bath, fireplace, window seats, hardwood flooring, nice front porch, many built-ins, double living room, newer furnace, windows, formal dining room. $2000 will go to buyer for updates or upgrades. Priced Right!

it is also the most expensive one - but again only adding $250 to our current rent payment so affordable!

View attachment 159305

This would have to be my pick. I'm a sucker for window seats!

DH and I rent currently, because we can't afford a down payment right now, but we are always dreaming of our dream house. Nothing against starter homes, not trying to live outside means or be entitled or anything... I hear that argument a lot... Young adults think they're too good for a dinky little starter home and want to jump right in to their big gorgeous house.... That's not it at all. We just want to be those people that live in their one home their entire lives and their kids grow up there and their kids' kids play there, etc. etc. We're planning to build one day, should we ever be so lucky. But that doesn't mean I'm never looking around. I found a GORGEOUS reno in Midtown, which is really up and coming lately, but at $209,000 it's way out of our range and honestly a really good price for that area, so I know it'll go quickly. Oh well! It's not what we want anyway so no sleep lost, but it is gorgeous! This is the new outside...

12670533_10102519327145558_5729669601009042289_n.jpg

Here's a link to the full album of before/afters. These people are good at what they do! https://www.facebook.com/jamison.he...365138.1073741834.55707042&type=3&pnref=story

I thought I was doing so well last night. Fell asleep around midnight, woke up around 7 to tell DH goodbye, back asleep until 9 or so. My Fitbit says I only slept 2 hours! I'm still tired so maybe it's accurate. But, goodness. Only 2 hours. Does anyone have any tips for getting more fulfilling sleep? I might lay down on the couch in just a minute and close my eyes for half an hour or so. I'm awake but groggy so my focus is all over the place and I think I'll be more productive after a 30 minute cat-nap than if I force myself to work now.

Tried upping my water intake yesterday and it seemed to help a little. 218 on the scale this morning, so down a pound-ish from yesterday.

I would love to work on some tumblers for you, @Flossbolna ! I made Minnie Mouse ring dishes for a FE group last month - I just love the FE exchanges! I think that's so much fun!

Edit: just checked my Fitbit app again and now it shows 4hr 37 min of sleep for today, which would've been my going to sleep at midnight. That wasn't there a little while ago. So better than 2 hours but still disappointing.

Last edited:

This song. It's played before every race to get me in the mood. And this month really kicked my butt (or knee!) and I feel like Mulan in the earliest phases of her training.

DH and I rent currently, because we can't afford a down payment right now, but we are always dreaming of our dream house. Nothing against starter homes, not trying to live outside means or be entitled or anything... I hear that argument a lot... Young adults think they're too good for a dinky little starter home and want to jump right in to their big gorgeous house.... That's not it at all. We just want to be those people that live in their one home their entire lives and their kids grow up there and their kids' kids play there, etc. etc. We're planning to build one day, should we ever be so lucky. But that doesn't mean I'm never looking around. I found a GORGEOUS reno in Midtown, which is really up and coming lately, but at $209,000 it's way out of our range and honestly a really good price for that area, so I know it'll go quickly. Oh well! It's not what we want anyway so no sleep lost, but it is gorgeous! This is the new outside...

View attachment 159313

Here's a link to the full album of before/afters. These people are good at what they do! https://www.facebook.com/jamison.he...365138.1073741834.55707042&type=3&pnref=story

I thought I was doing so well last night. Fell asleep around midnight, woke up around 7 to tell DH goodbye, back asleep until 9 or so. My Fitbit says I only slept 2 hours! I'm still tired so maybe it's accurate. But, goodness. Only 2 hours. Does anyone have any tips for getting more fulfilling sleep? I might lay down on the couch in just a minute and close my eyes for half an hour or so. I'm awake but groggy so my focus is all over the place and I think I'll be more productive after a 30 minute cat-nap than if I force myself to work now.

Tried upping my water intake yesterday and it seemed to help a little. 218 on the scale this morning, so down a pound-ish from yesterday.

I would love to work on some tumblers for you, @Flossbolna ! I made Minnie Mouse ring dishes for a FE group last month - I just love the FE exchanges! I think that's so much fun!

Edit: just checked my Fitbit app again and now it shows 4hr 37 min of sleep for today, which would've been my going to sleep at midnight. That wasn't there a little while ago. So better than 2 hours but still disappointing.
Oh my goodness I LOVE that home! The kitchen!!!! I'm screenshotting it because it's too perfect and I need something like that in my future. A home like that in the DC area... and I'm talking 20 mins out of the city... would go for triple the price. :sad:

Sorry about the sleep issues. Seems like something may be up with the Fitbit... are you a light sleeper?

I love you guys thanks so much to letting get this out.. it's hard to just talk to the hubs, he doesn't quite get why my feelings were hurt

The thing that hurt me most was when my mom said "But you deserve so much better" now I had to remind her 5 yrs ago when we bought our current home - a 1972 12x60 mobile with only 2 bedrooms for the 4 of us with a toilet what was sinking thru the floor and filth EVERYWHERE - that really those pics I sent jer ARE something better! (mind you my dad is a very skilled carpenter, he built the home I got foreclosed on, so he fixed everything in that mobile for us and I am greatful) now mind you it has been a GREAT place for us.. had almost everything we wanted there but room for my DD (she moved out after living with us for a year sharing a room with her brother on bunk beds.) I lived above my means once and that got me where I am today and I am not doing it again.. so I just found that was a horrible thing for her to say to me for some reason it just stuck a knife thru my heart.. anyhoo.. here is my current place. it's not bad by any means and in the back is the Awesome shed my dad and hubs built last summer!
16 Pinegrove.jpg

View attachment 159313

Going up I moved roughly ever 7 years. The house I am in now I have lived in the longest. My husband has really only lived in 1 house until this one. I am so ready to leave. This was supposed to be our starter house but the market crashed shortly after we bought it so we are stuck for now. My husband does not want to move either or so I thought. He just mentioned a few days ago that maybe in a few years we might start looking. Yeah!!!

Don't take what the fitbit says about sleep to heart. it told me the other day that I slept over 8 hours without being restless. it was totally wrong. I slept on the couch that night (hubby was sick and I am trying not to get it) and tossed and turned all night.

Also, what is the name of your shop? I would love to take a look at it.

I love you guys thanks so much to letting get this out.. it's hard to just talk to the hubs, he doesn't quite get why my feelings were hurt

The thing that hurt me most was when my mom said "But you deserve so much better" now I had to remind her 5 yrs ago when we bought our current home - a 1972 12x60 mobile with only 2 bedrooms for the 4 of us with a toilet what was sinking thru the floor and filth EVERYWHERE - that really those pics I sent jer ARE something better! (mind you my dad is a very skilled carpenter, he built the home I got foreclosed on, so he fixed everything in that mobile for us and I am greatful) now mind you it has been a GREAT place for us.. had almost everything we wanted there but room for my DD (she moved out after living with us for a year sharing a room with her brother on bunk beds.) I lived above my means once and that got me where I am today and I am not doing it again.. so I just found that was a horrible thing for her to say to me for some reason it just stuck a knife thru my heart.. anyhoo.. here is my current place. it's not bad by any means and in the back is the Awesome shed my dad and hubs built last summer!
View attachment 159320

I understand how you feel. My mom has done stuff like that to me before. I hope things get better. I do like the #2 house. It looks really nice. I also liked the inside of House #1. You will know which one is right for you. Go with what your gut is telling you.

I'm not as introspective as a lot of people, but when I saw this question, the song Pretty Baby popped into my head for some reason. So, I started thinking about it and seems the main theme of the song is that you're with the wrong guy and it's time to move to the "right guy". Well, my issue isn't my guy lol, but it's about other wrong choices I'd been making. Mainly the food I eat and the lack of exercise I get.

March has been my first full month of consciously trying to do better (I officially started on February 17th). I bolded the parts that I think finally got to me and motivated me to start (again). I also think that introduction to the song can be taken different ways too. Is your world everything you hoped it'd be? Well, probably not, but I think happiness if found it trying to improve your world while also being satisfied with it as it is.

Look around your world Pretty Baby
Is it everything you hoped it'd be
The wrong guy
The wrong situation
The right time to roll to me
Roll to me
And look into your heart Pretty Baby
Is it aching with some aimless need
Is there something wrong and you can't put your finger on it

Right then
Roll to me
And I don't think I have ever seen a soul so in despair
So if you want to talk the night through
Guess who will be there
So don't try to deny Pretty Baby
You've been down so long
You can hardly see
When the engines stall and it won't stop raining

It's the right time to
Roll to me
Roll to me
Roll to me

I will quote my favourite weigh management book of all times by Tom Venuto (body fat solution)

"Most people are unsatisfied with their bodies. This is perfectly normal. The desire to better one's circumstances is hardwired into every human being. But never confuse the desire for improvement with the belief that you are not good enough the way you are. The problem is - disliking your body can turn into disliking yourself. Disliking yourself can turn to low self worth which means you believe you don’t deserve good things in life, including lean and healthy body. Low self worth easily leads to apathy, depression or self sabotage.

Body Fat is not a person. It’s a temporary condition. The way your body looks today has nothing to do with your capabilities or intrinsic worth as a person. No price tag can ever be placed on your value. The capacity of your brain to learn is virtually infinite; your creative ability is boundless. Your body is capable of astonishing feats. You have more potential then you can dream off. Most of all – you are unique. No one else have all the qualities, talents, and abilities that you possess.

Your gift to yourself, the world and your creator is to discover them, develop them use them and share them.

I don’t think you can feel your best if you are not engaged in the journey of self improvement. Unfulfilled potential inside of you will always call out in form of longing, desire or sense of dissatisfaction. If you are not doing anything, don’t be surprised if you feel unworthy of receiving anything. It’s the process of improvement and creation that makes you feel good about yourself more then the end result.

If you get moving and take some small steps with good action strategy you will immediately feel better about yourself because you will know you are improving yourself. Even if you don’t notice the small body changes that take place from one workout to the next you will feel better, just by taking a step in the right direction. Action cures allot of problems"

Thank you so much for sharing this! It's definitely something important to think about. I struggle a lot with self-confidence and self-worth. I know its wrong, but sometimes I can't help but feel that I'm not good enough. And I know that until I can separate how I look from who I am, I will continue to struggle.

I think having behaviour goals as main goal is good way to shift the confidence from I will feel great when I am x weight to I am doing great - check out this delicious healthy meals I have, my long walk during my lunch or the great workout I did.

Buying clothes that fit well now, meeting people now, getting your make up done, putting yourself out there (here) to build support system and meet new people.

Such an awesome thought - we've all made progress, even if that progress is just starting the process, and it's important to focus on the progress we're making and how well we're doing, not on some abstract future feeling.

Just hit my step goal for today - 12,000! Yay! I was a mile short on daily distance goal but being gimpy still, I'll take 5 miles. And I am so proud when I open my fridge. With the meats and veggies we picked up last night, it's FULL of yumminess. At least right now, I'm excited about this change.

Yay for hitting your step goals! And I love how excited you are about the contents of your fridge!

tumblr_o10ljcUEPP1rwfctbo1_500.gif

Baymax says: "You will be all right. There there."

:)
Thanks. I always love a good Baymax encouragement!

My woohoo for the week is running 10k yesterday :earsboy:

WooHoo!! Awesome job!

Speaking of my walk on the beach the kids and I went and even played a little beach soccer while we were there .... here is a pic we tried a different beach to our usual one today....

mudjimba-beach-jpg.159265

That view looks beautiful!

March is almost done everyone - A BIG THANKYOU to Sarah for being a fabulous host party:

Thank you for your kind words!

Ok my final report because its already after 8pm on the 31st here - I ended the month of 72.72% for having a healthy low cal breakfast. I aimed to keep it at no more than 330 Calories. Still needs some tweaking but I have been enjoying my breakfasts :D

Awesome job! Even though you didn't have a great breakfast every day, you're still making awesome progress!

It's going to sound a little corny, but ... "Circle of Life" from The Lion King is such an inspirational song for me. It's a reminder that there's so much going on around us, but you just have to keep going and keep trying until you figure it out.
This has been such an up and down month for me, so it's good to have a reminder that despite the ups and downs, I just have to keep going.

I have been OBSESSING over the musical Hamilton for like a month now and that's what I've been listening to every run because it's an awesome running sound track. So that is going to help me finish the month strong.

Everyone I know has been obsessing about that musical! I really should track down the soundtrack and listen to it.
Have you seen it?

Today I'm traveling from KC to St Louis in our company plane to visit our sister office. I'm terrified that I'm not going to find the plane and it'll leave without me! Haha. It's a long day. The flight leaves at 7a and then my flight back is at 5p.

Have a safe flight, and I hope the day isn't too crazy! Enjoy St. Louis!

Hpping and praying that today starts on the right foot for you!!

Thank you! So far it's been a pretty good day (minus being a drop behind schedule, but I'll survive), so I guess everyone's good thoughts and kind words helped!

And I SECOND your Thank You to Sarah! This was month was AMAZING!!!

Hey friends.... I'm on, but with just one minute to say hello! I am kind of hating myself for agreeing to stick with the pre-planned Star Wars theme for next month! While I have seen every movie (most of them several times) and would consider myself a minor fan, I am STRUGGLING to link them to health and exercise and weight loss! I have just a few QOTD written, but that is enough to get us started, right??! I am going to try and get the April challenge posted here right after work today because I have to head back to the high school for a spring sports parents' night for 7 pm.

I do my QOTD 6-7 days in advance, which is much easier for me than doing it all at once. Thinking of these questions can be so hard - and I deifnitely appreciate you working hard to set up the challenge for us!
And thank you for sticking with the Star Wars theme - it will make it feel like @flvy is still here with us, even though she's not actively participating! Don't worry if things don't match the theme perfectly ... it's definitely hard to make the theme work!

Sorry that you are struggling, sending you a big virtual hug (even if I can't compete with @courtneybeth's Baymax hug!)!

Thank you!

Yes, thank you @SarahDisney, you did a fantastic job with March!!!!

The weekend will be a challenge as I am in Lisbon for the weekend with my parents. They go on a cruise from Lisbon to Amsterdam and I am helping them to get there without problems as my mother is having quite a bit of issues with memory loss and it is getting stressful for my father to take care of everything, especially since getting to Lisbon includes getting on a plane and staying the night there. I am really looking forward to seeing some of Lisbon as it is supposed to be a beautiful city! But I am always bad with self control when I am travelling! Hopefully for a short trip it will be easier...

Travelling is definitely hard ... try to just focus on spending time with your parents!

However, I am very pleased with myself that I managed to finally get a green bar for my calorie intake in my fitbit app yesterday! That means that I hit my goal! I have been in a calorie deficit for the last week, but below my 750 kcal goal. So, it feels great to finally get it right again! And today is a super warm and sunny day, perfect spring weather and I was able to go out for lunch with colleagues and sit in the sunshine... So wonderful, gave me so much energy!!!!

Awesome - it's always nice to hit your calorie goal!

Well it has been quite a ride this month and for some reason when I read your question - I thought of 'Topsy Turvy' from the Hunchback of Notre Dame - Kind of fitting given that tomorrow is April Fools day and it is about the Feast of Fools celebration and it has certainly been a topsy turvy month for me and others base on our conversations. This also has a link to a small parade I saw in Disneyland back in the late 90's my first ever visit to DL in my early 20s - The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a small weekday parade then and I just loved this song as part of it. The bigger parade that week was Hercules. I don't have any digital photos of it or I would have shared.

Topsy Turvy is definitely fitting some months.
And I didn't know they had a Hunchback of Notre Dame parade or a Hercules parade ... that's pretty cool!

haha - I joined late! next month better

Winnie The Pooh - Up Down And Touch The Ground

Up, down, up

When I up, down and touch the ground
It puts me in the mood
Up, down and touch the ground
In the mood for food

I am stout, round and I have found
Speaking poundage wise
I improve my appetite
When I exercise

I am short, fat and proud of that
And so, with all my might
I up, down and up and down
To my appetite's delight

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I have not really put music and this journey together. I have listened to the Dis podcasts and read the boards while I was on the treadmill. Disney seems to keep me going though. I am really hoping to look better for our next trip. This trip was booked on a bounce back but we were not sure if we were going to go. We have just decided we will go and not cancel it. Now I need to kick into high gear If I could lose just 10-15 pounds by the trip will be happy. However I seem to be stuck at 144. I have not been lower then that since last year. I keep getting to 144 and then I gain a few. I need to get over this hump. I ended this month with losing 3 pounds. I gained a pound maybe a little less over the holiday weekend.

I'm always impressed at people who can listen to the podcasts and read the boards on the treadmill ... I can't do it, I get too distracted.
Yay for deciding to take the Disney trip! I know you can work hard to get over that hump and you can look great on your trip!

@SarahDisney Thank you for the challenges. I had a great time. You did a great job. I am really glad that I found this at the beginning of the month. It has really helped me.

Thank you for your kind words! I'm really glad that you found us and joined us for the month, and I hope you'll be back for the April challenge!

Ugh. So much craziness.
But yay for the good news! It'll be awesome once you find the right home and move in!

This house looks great! So do the other two houses you posted - I hope you guys can figure out which one is perfect for you!

---

Okay, that's all the replies I have time for right now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop by again a little later and finish checking in!
I hope you're all having an awesome day!

@bigsis1970 I love all three houses. And to me they look very nice. You are absolutely right that lower monthly fixed payments make life just so much more enjoyable! And if your mother thinks that you deserve something better, then you also deserve to have the little fun things and if it has to be one or the other, then chose what is important for you!

I don't own a car as it is not really necessary where I live. German cities have excellent public transport and I can get nearly everywhere by train. Some people don't get it as they view owning a car not as a necessity, but part of showing your social standing. I rather spend my money on vacations and my DVC points than on a car that does not get moved most days.... Luckily none of my family members question my priorities though.

I'm not as introspective as a lot of people, but when I saw this question, the song Pretty Baby popped into my head for some reason. So, I started thinking about it and seems the main theme of the song is that you're with the wrong guy and it's time to move to the "right guy". Well, my issue isn't my guy lol, but it's about other wrong choices I'd been making. Mainly the food I eat and the lack of exercise I get.

March has been my first full month of consciously trying to do better (I officially started on February 17th). I bolded the parts that I think finally got to me and motivated me to start (again). I also think that introduction to the song can be taken different ways too. Is your world everything you hoped it'd be? Well, probably not, but I think happiness if found it trying to improve your world while also being satisfied with it as it is.

The wrong guy
The wrong situation
Roll to me

Right then
Roll to me
Guess who will be there
You've been down so long
You can hardly see

It's the right time to
Roll to me
Roll to me
Roll to me

Roll to me! Love blues traveler!

The wrong guy
The wrong situation
Roll to me

Right then
Roll to me
Guess who will be there
You've been down so long
You can hardly see

It's the right time to
Roll to me
Roll to me
Roll to me

Oh my gosh. The name of the song didn't spark anything until started reading the lyrics and I'm like I know this song. Well. Can I tell you that my entire life I thought this song said "the wrong me" instead of "roll to me" :lmao:Makes a whole lot more sense.

For the record, my entire life I also butchered the song "Creep" by TLC. Instead of "So I creep yeah" I thought it was "So I preach yeah" and it's THE TITLE OF THE SONG lol

Oh my goodness I LOVE that home! The kitchen!!!! I'm screenshotting it because it's too perfect and I need something like that in my future. A home like that in the DC area... and I'm talking 20 mins out of the city... would go for triple the price. :sad:

Sorry about the sleep issues. Seems like something may be up with the Fitbit... are you a light sleeper?

I don't consider myself one! I know I move a lot at night but it's all in my sleep. Especially with my hip still tweaked right now, I'm only comfortable in any one position for so long. I also sleep with my DH and my puppy in the same bed. I wonder if it's picking up their movements, too?

View attachment 159320

Trying to look at it in a positive light, at least your mom wants the best for you? That being said, you also deserve HAPPY. The house that you want, even if it's smaller or not what anyone else would pick or thinks you deserve, is BETTER than anything making you unhappy right now (which you obviously have figured out!) and being HAPPY and adding as little stress as possible is much more important than adding square footage just for the sake of adding square footage, and shooting yourself in the foot financially to do so.

Going up I moved roughly ever 7 years. The house I am in now I have lived in the longest. My husband has really only lived in 1 house until this one. I am so ready to leave. This was supposed to be our starter house but the market crashed shortly after we bought it so we are stuck for now. My husband does not want to move either or so I thought. He just mentioned a few days ago that maybe in a few years we might start looking. Yeah!!!

Don't take what the fitbit says about sleep to heart. it told me the other day that I slept over 8 hours without being restless. it was totally wrong. I slept on the couch that night (hubby was sick and I am trying not to get it) and tossed and turned all night.

Also, what is the name of your shop? I would love to take a look at it.

It's definitely frustrating that the sleep tracker is so confusing... That was the whole reason I went with this one rather than the Flex that has adorable bands, haha. Grr.

My shop is the Craftiest Place on Earth - www.craftiestplace.etsy.com

Oh my gosh. The name of the song didn't spark anything until started reading the lyrics and I'm like I know this song. Well. Can I tell you that my entire life I thought this song said "the wrong me" instead of "roll to me" :lmao:Makes a whole lot more sense.

THANK YOUUUU!!! Haha. I read Pretty, Baby and thought the Vanessa Carlton song Pretty, Baby... then I read the lyrics and was like OH! BLUES TRAVELER! ROLL TO ME! Wait.... Roll to me? I always thought it was The Wrong Me, too. "The right time, the wrong me" completely makes sense! Bahahahahaha. Thanks for teaching us something new today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter