Mardi Gras at DL dates

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
Just found this :joker: :goodvibes

New Orleans Bayou Bash and Mardi Gras

January 18-21, 25-27, February 1-3, 7-12, 2013

Celebrate in New Orleans Square with performances by Princess Tiana, Louis and Naveen, plus meet and greets with your favorite Disney characters dressed in their Mardi Gras finest. Special food items and entertainment will also be featured.

Honestly I read so much stuff about DL I find it hard to keep track...but I read it here...at the top of the page....news feed on the right hand side of the page.:woohoo:

I see it. I'd been stalking the Disney blog and Limited Time Magic page as well as other blogs. You'd think that since we're leaving NOLA for Mardi Gras and get to experience the real thing would mean that we didn't care much. But we LOVE Mardi Gras and only leave b/c it's a non-summer heat/crowd week off of school. It'll be nice to get a little celebration. Even if it's the Disneyfied version.

That one was kinda buried on the actual Disneyland website. It wasn't on the holiday page, wasn't on the Limited Time Magic page...ended up being in the New Orleans Square section of the site. Ugh!

Glad I was able to find it for y'all and post it.

That one was kinda buried on the actual Disneyland website. It wasn't on the holiday page, wasn't on the Limited Time Magic page...ended up being in the New Orleans Square section of the site. Ugh!

It wasn't buried...it was right at the top of the page....that's why I posted it:rotfl2:

Thank you, Tom! :goodvibes

Thanks Tom!

I too had been waiting for this info and hadn't seen it yet. And you were SO right....it was BURIED on the Disneyland page. I finally used the search function to find it...yikes!

Looking forward to this Disney experience :)

I was so excited that this event will take place during my visit to the DLR later this month.

I have always loved NO even before I ever actually visited. I truly believe it comes from the years I spent in New Orleans Square at DL as a child.

I am soooo excited! Ihaven't been back to DLR since 2002. I can't wait!

I'm curious to see what kinds of food they come up with!

I thought it was funny that 2 of last year's selections were meatloaf and corn chowder. Not exactly New Orleans/Mardi Gras foods, but I'm excited for the music and characters in costume! I'll eat at home! ;)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...isneyland-resort-with-new-orleans-bayou-bash/

bay118937LARGE.jpg

Join Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen at the New Orleans Bayou Bash at Disneyland Park
It’s almost time to let the good times roll at Disneyland park with the return of New Orleans Bayou Bash! – this year, part of “Limited Time Magic” here at the Disneyland Resort. New Orleans Square will be decked out for a party, and so will some of your favorite Disney friends! New Orleans Bayou Bash! will come alive in New Orleans Square from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on the following dates:

January 18-21
January 25-27
February 1-3
February 8-12

Here’s a look at what is in store:

Princess Tiana’s Mardi Gras Celebration – Princess Tiana, Louis and Prince Naveen make their way through New Orleans Square to the Rivers of America, where a musical celebration takes place featuring tunes from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog.”
Jambalaya Jazz Band – The popular band will perform their jazzy tunes along the streets of New Orleans Square.
Royal Street Bachelors – This Disneyland favorite will be found at the French Market Stage, and will be joined throughout the day by Princess Tiana.
New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band – Throughout the day, a rousing Mardi Gras procession will burst onto the streets of New Orleans Square. In traditional “second line” style, an umbrella dancer leads the mash-up of colorful performers and musicians.
Character Greetings at Court of Angels – Princess Tiana will be greeting Disneyland park guests along with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy in their Mardi Gras finest.

Pam Brandon will have the delicious details on the special dishes that will be offered at New Orleans Bayou Bash! so check back soon here on the Disney Parks Blog.

I wonder how the crowded NOsquare will be during this since BTRR, splash mountain and fantasmic will all be down for repairs.

And the Mark Twain boats as well. Do they then sail the pirate ship? Not that the pirate ship is very NOA.

Pirates, Pooh and HM (and probably Canoes) are going to be the only rides open in that whole chunk of park (NO, frontierland, Bear County)

Dang! I'll be going right between two of the dates. I LOVE The Princess and the Frog, I was hoping I'd get to see Tiana in person, heh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter