Mardi GRAS week

We went during Mardi Gras back in 2008 and expected light crowds...we were wrong! It was much more crowded than we thought it would be. We did get a kick out of how many families we ran into during our stay who lived within 5 miles of us back home! LOL! Guess it really is a small world after all haha! :rotfl2:

- Marianne
Walker, LA

Maybe you saw us there...that was our first family trip to WDW and we are from Watson. :thumbsup2

Morgan City! We have escaped the Mardi Gras madness twice and found the crowd level at WDW low to moderate! The weather is amazing and there is always a sea of purple LSU shirts!

I think you should be ok. It's Presidents week that draws the huge crowds. We are starting our trip on 2/22 with Universal for 2 days. The crowd calendars have Disney at a 10 for those days so I'd rather be at Universal with front of the line access and move over to Disney when the crowds die down.

The week before should be moderate crowd levels.

We will be heading to WDW for Mardi Gras week also :banana: I'm not worried about the crowds since President's week is the next week. Let's make it Purple and Gold week at WDW :cool1:!!!

Morgan City! We have escaped the Mardi Gras madness twice and found the crowd level at WDW low to moderate! The weather is amazing and there is always a sea of purple LSU shirts!

I grew up in MC :) Lived there for 30 years!

dznygurl said:
there is always a sea of purple LSU shirts!

That's the truth!! Purple & gold everywhere!!

This year with Mardi Grad being the week before Presidents Week, it should be a great time to go!

:) Yep, small world!! I own a house in wyandotte and still go to MC to get my haircut because I trust no one else with my hair! :rotfl2:

We have never been at Christmas or Easter, but we hit Mardi Gras 2011 and have never seen it so busy! We vowed after that trip to be sure not to travel to Disney during Mardi Gras again!

While I am not a gulf coaster, I am a big WHO DAT fan (30 years running)....

Up in the northeast, we get the whole week of Presidents week off and it does get crowded in the parks (there are a lot more folks up here than in Cajun country). That said, when Mardi Gras is the same week as Pres week (and it has been the last few years I think) it can make it really crowded. It all Yankees and Cajons.... and folks running in the Pricess Maraton... and some Daytona 500 folks.

I think this year it wont nearly be as bad for you guys.

We have been going to Disney for Mardi Gras for the past 7 years or so. It depends on the time of year Mardi Gras falls. When Mardi Gras is early it is usually less crowded. When it is later and overlaps with President's Day it is usally Winter break up north so it is crowded. I think this year we should miss the huge crowd by a week.

Slidell here :) My hubby is a truck driver and he usually pulls a float on Mardi Gras day. If I can convince him to skip it this year we would definitely be there. I was also thinking that since its a early parade maybe he can come home get a little sleep then we can leave out later on and be there for the rest of the week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter