Mardi Gras????????

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Is the Mardi Gras parade at 10 pm every night now or just on Saturday???

Where is a good spot to get lots of beads??

Patty

good question.... we were totally caught unprepared with the change from 8:00 to 10:00pm.

you have to get a map at Studios to know what the program is for that day.

Best spot to catch beads is wherever there is no one 6'4" or taller standing near you:D :D :D

I like to stand on the water meter cover on the Hitchcock side just up from the Lucy store.
you have the advantage of the white background of the Hana-Barbera building to pick out the beads as they fly thru the air.

kids up front usually do well. :smooth:

O'boy, I'm 5'5" and DH is 5'11" does that mean no beads????

We will definately put DD up front, she is a tall 8 year old. I just dont want to see her get stompted on.

I'll have to check out that water meter cover.

Patty

Originally posted by pathubia
O'boy, I'm 5'5" and DH is 5'11" does that mean no beads????

We will definately put DD up front, she is a tall 8 year old. I just dont want to see her get stompted on.

I'll have to check out that water meter cover.

Patty

You'll get beads so long as you don't stand near MIB999999!!!;)

She won't get stomped on unless MIB999999 is near...;)

If a very tall man is standing on the water meter cover, run away, run FAR away!!! :eek: :D ;) :eek:

Karen

Best spot to catch beads is wherever there is no one 6'4" or taller standing near you

See, and you wonder WHY I bring you along!!! ;) :D ;)

Oh, and Patty...on Sunday, the parade was also scheduled for 10 instead of 8, FYI...so it's probably not just Saturday's then! :)

Have fun!!!

Karen

Thanks for the info.

Now that very tall man may have a spidey shirt and rhinestone thong??????

OOPS, wrong thread.

Patty

Originally posted by pathubia
Thanks for the info.

Now that very tall man may have a spidey shirt and rhinestone thong??????

OOPS, wrong thread.

Patty

It's a very real possibility:eek:...At least I know what I have to get him for Christmas now!!! LOL :D :D :D

The best things come in small packages, don't they? :rolleyes:

Oh, did I just say that??? LOL Gifts, I'm talking gifts here!!! :) :D ;)

I better quit while I'm ahead...or not.:rolleyes:

Karen

i can hardly wait to see how big the package is under the tree!!!!:smooth:

I'm always on the street that runs right in front of King Kong. I wait for the parade to come from Amity catch the beads there then run to the other side of the street and right when I get there the parade is just going by there. That way you can get twice the amount of beads...If you so choose...

The best spot we had was on South Street on the side where the water is. On the map there is a picture of a Hess gas thingy on a dock . Across the street is an arcade and a statue of a man (Who he is does anyone know?) I was there with 3 teens who were mad because I got the most beads(62 total) both times we seen the parade. I contribute this to my " Spirit Fingers" technique to stand out also yelling "Beads Beads" while the other people are woooing and clapping. This area seems to only have a single line of people.Across the street people pile up to see the parade after it starts and are not able to cross to our side!!!!! Also after the parade passes you can go up 5th or 7th St. and see the parade again!!! There were alot of people there but we still managed to catch more beads that we gave to two elderly ladies who were standing too far back to reach any . They giggled and thanked us . I had as much fun watching this parade than I did on the rides . The Kids say I'm "Bead Crazed". I hope you have fun!!!!!! :bounce: :jester: CINDY-LOU :jester: :bounce:

The guy is Lew Wasserman on the statue, he was Chairman at USF's opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter