Marriage license by mail?

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
I thought I read this before on the boards, but is it possible to get your marriage license by mail? We will be arriving two days before our wedding. i don't want to take the chance there might be a problem at town hall. Thanks. :smooth:

Hello liquidsky88
This is the way I did it and I am sooo happy I did. If you go to
http://aweddingforyou.com/forminst.htm This is where you can print out an application and get all the needed information on how to go about doing it. I highly recommend them. If you have any other questions please dont hesitate to ask. Have a wonderful time at your wedding I know you will be please with what Disney has to offer. My wedding was May 3rd 2003 and I wish it never ended.

Thanks so much for that info. We are going to mail in for the license also. How long did it take to get a response once you mailed in the application?

This is what happened to us. I was a bit late sending in my application. It was actually 20 days before my wedding. So I called and they had me fax it to them. I had all the forms back at my house from the court room for me to sign and have notarized in 2 days via fed-express mail. I then went to a local postoffice that has a notary there and had them notorized and sent back to them that same day via fed-ex as well. The following Monday my licence was fed-ex once again back to me. I did have to pay and additional 20 dollars for the rush but let me tell you it was well worth it. If you have any questions they have a telephone # there that you can call to talk with someone. They are really nice and will be more than willing to answer any questions you have.

I was wondering are you having a custom or intimate wedding and where is ther ceremony/reception being held. I love hearing about Disney Weddings.

I will soon post some pics up of our wedding on May 3rd so I will post the link so all may view them.

We also used a wedding for you. It went very well. I dont remember how long everything took but it wasnt that long at all. I got the orginal application off line and sent it to them. They fed-ex me the license with instructions. We filled it out and had it notorized and sent it back to them via fed-ex. They sent me an email to let me know that they got it and they sent it to my wedding coordinator. When the BIG DAY finally came Rev Day had the license which my maid-of honor and the best man had to sign. Then it was sent into the courthouse and we got the license in about 4-5 weeks after the wedding.

It was so much easier. I didnt want to have to go thru waisting a day going out to the courthouse etc. I wanted to spend time enjoying the parks and relaxing before the wedding.

Hi Ellie,
We are having a custom wedding. We decided to get married at the wedding pavilion. We wanted to have our reception at the Grand Floridian, but our wedding party was too small. So we decided to have the reception at the Boardwalk. We also will be surprising all our guests with Mickey and Goofy coming to the reception. After the reception, we rented 3 boats w/ champagne and fruit to take everyone out to the lagoon to watch the fireworks at Epcot. :smooth:

liquidsky88-
The same thing happened to us. We had a guest count before the war began at 55 with the reception to be held at the Grand Floridian Ballroom A however when the war started many of my guest called to cancelled because they were scared to travel and did not want to commit to going at that time. So my guest count ended up being 25 so since we were staying at the Yacht Club we opted to have the reception at the Asbury Ballroom there. We are sooo happy we chose this. It was absolutely perfect. The room had the wall partitions so the space that was provided was absolutely perfect. I had hired and outside balloon vendor Orlando Balloons by Design to build a dance floor canopy, an arch over the Dj's table and arch over the Head table, 3 columns with draping tulle and lights with balloon boquets behind my cake table, attached bouquets of balloons to my centerpieces as well as to my cinderella picture that I had guest sign and scattered balloons all over the floor so as for it feeling empty and plain.... NOT!!!! I was absolutley breath taking and so worth the money. Just under 1,000 for all and they did an absolute super job!!!!!
We also were going to have the patoon boats however I had hired my videographer to attend the Illuminations and he stated that it was best to have it on a land when he is filming this way we can dance socialize with all our guest and believe it or not with the
West Palm Beach
with Elegant Props
European Pastry Display
Petit Fours, Eclairs, Napoleons, Linzer
Diamonds, Fruit Tarts, Tiramisu Cups,
Cannolis & Truffles
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea
and I had 5 bottles of Fairy Tale Champange the total for the entire event was only estimated at 1,368.
A guide met us in the Yatch Club Lobby and walked us there and we took the Fairy boat back. It was just soo magical. I know you will have a spectacular wedding. I think every wedding in Disney is so magical. Please let me know how things went when you get back and as soon as I get some pictures up I will send you the link so that you may view them.

By the way did you hire a videographer for your wedding???

Ellie,
Your wedding sounded really nice. The Yacht club is a beautiful hotel. We'll be spending the first week of our honeymoon there.

We are going with Stan from STVS video. I asked around on the boards and everyone was very pleased with his service. He's also a really nice person to speak to over the phone. I got a good vibe with him. He also put together a special package with us because we are having a reception in NJ also. So he is making two different videos for us. The one for our reception up here will be clips from our wedding in Disney.

Just out of curiousity, did the hotel you stayed in give you any special treatment because you were newlyweds?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo happy to hear that you went with STAN AND HIS WIFE BONNIE!!!!!!!! You will absolutely LOVE THEM!!!!!! I had them as guest at my wedding because I did not feel comfortable with them getting a vendors plate (Deli sandwich) while all of my other guest were getting Lobster tails and Filet Minon. Because they have such great personalities as well as being very professional everyone at my wedding thought that they were close friends of our!!!! LOL and ya know something it really felt that way for us as well. It was like I knew them for years. Bonnie his wife even taught me how to do the YMCA dance the proper way. HE HE!!!! We will be going back to Disney in Dec as we do every year and we will be catching up with them for Dinner. I am sooo happy that you chose them and I know you will be 100++++% happy with them. I will try to post some pics of them as well before your wedding so you can. They were including in every aspect of my wedding, character artist, dinner, dessert, cake, favors open bar and Illumination so as a gift to us for our wedding they gave us the Dove release effect as well as the credits at the end of the video. I havent see the video as my Wedding was only on May 3rd, a couple of weeks ago but I know it wont ever be able to be beat. I also got the glass slipper swirl to cinderella effect and the castle back ground. Oh I can wait to see my video.
As for the hotel, we always stay at the Yatch Club we had a lagoon and garden view room. Which was upgraded for our entire stay of 14 days. I had originally booked a standard room and then they gave me concierge on the hm night but I didnt want to have to move everything from one room to another so they just gave me the lagoon/garden room. It was room #4163 and it had a balcony in the from overlooking the lagoon and 2 windows on the side wall over looking the Yacht Club Gazeboo. I was an absolutely outstanding room and much larger I noticed than the others. As for special treats... YES!!! We got a bottle of Moet on our hm night as well as 4 chocolate tuxedo strawberries and a chocolate picture of the Yacht Club. Then one night I called for room service after the wedding and they called me by my maiden name and I mentioned to them that I had just got married and the dinning sent up another bottle of moet with a box of chocolates and another yacht club chocolate painting.
At the Yachtman Steakhouse our favorite waiter Michael new we were coming for our wedding so he had a rose for me and our daughter and a bottle of chamange and free sampler dessert. We ate at Yachtmans Steak house 2 times and he did this both times.
The hotel also knew our 11 year old daughter was with us so they had a bouquet of balloons in the room for her as well as a autographed picture of Mickie and Minnie. Valet parking seen the limos pic us up the day of the weddiing and asked what room we were in as sent us up a special Tinkerbell wedding certificate, which was really special. That is just what the hotel did for us. We wore our Mickey and Minnie ears a couple of days at different restraunts and we were treated like we were royal with free dessert and chamange except for in the Magic Kingdom of course!!!!
I best stop here before this begins to turn into a book... I could go on and on. If you would like to know anything else I would be more than willing to help you out.
By the way who is your co-ordinator???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter