marriage license?

scarlett873

<font color=hotpink>Surrounded by true friends<br>
since we will be in orlando to get married, can any of you previous brides (or grooms!) tell me where you got your marriage license in orlando? and about how long it took you to get it that day? we will be going to on a monday to get ours and i thought there was a place in kissimmee that you could go to get your license...does anyone know how far that one is from the disney resort area?

thanks!!

I don't have my paperwork on me (we're getting married in October) but I know the courthouse opens at 8:30. There are 2 courthouses in the area. I'll try to remember to post them for you.

From what my coordinator told me, it should be really quick as long as you have everything (they don't take checks cash or cashiers checks only). It's $85 to get the license. You need some form of ID (birth certificate, etc...) and if either of you were divorced less than a year ago, you need a divorce decree.

Congratulations!

Disney sent us the addresses of two courthouses:

Osceola county courthouse
2 Courthouse Square
2nd Floor
Kissimmee, FL
(407) 343-3530
www.osceolaclerk.com

Orange County Courthouse
425 N. Orange Ave, Room 355
Orlando, Fl
(407) 836-2067
orangeclerk.ocfl.net

Hope this helps!:D

Just to let you know, I was recently told the license is $88.50 and that the courthouse in Kissimmee is open from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm Mon thru Friday. The woman I spoke to suggested that I call and verify hours the day before we plan to go (November) as they sometimes close for holidays and hours and fees are 'subject to change w/o notice'

HTH,
Lori

You can also order the marriage license by mail, though the cost is more ($180). For us, it was worth it, b/c that meant we could spend all of our time in the parks, and didn't have to drive around looking for a courthouse.
Cheers!
Heather W

I'll try to make it short...

Our WDW wedding was on a Tuesday. On Monday we planned to get our license and meet with Rev. Tim in the afternoon. Somehow, we forgot to go for the license and during our meeting with Rev. Tim, remembered. We had only about one hour to get to the clerks office before they closed for the day. So, off we went like maniacs!

We found the courthouse area, but at that time it was under construction and all the city offices were moved all around. We knew this going there, and had pretty good directions. We went to the building that clearly was the one the directions told us to go to. We walk in and it was like any courthouse - metal detector and a sheriff standing there. He asked what we were there for - and I said we needed our marriage license. He started laughing. He said "well, this is divorce court!" :o

Pretty funny story to share the next day at the reception! And yes, we finally found the trailer that housed the clerk's office to get the darn license. :D

Can you get your license in either coiurt house (Kissimmee or Orlando) - we are getting married at Cypress Grove and would like to go to the nearest (or quietest) courthouse. We are staying at Vistana Village on I-drive

I don't have my paperwork on me (we're getting married in December 21, 2009) but I know the courthouse opens at 8:30. There are 2 courthouses in the area. I'll try to remember to post them for you.

From what my coordinator told me, it should be really quick as long as you have everything (they don't take checks cash or cashiers checks only). It's $85 to get the license. You need some form of ID (birth certificate, etc...) & if either of you were divorced less than a year ago, you need a divorce decree.

we found the courthouse in kissimmee very easily!! thanks for the responses from everyone though! it took us about an hour to get our license...to help speed up the process though, once you get there, make sure to get the clipboard with all of the paperwork on it and fill it out so it'll be ready when they call your names!! and they do take Visa, but they charge you a "convenience fee", which i didn't realize until we got home. it came to a total of $91.60 that was charged to our Visa...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter