Marriage Proposal Ideas HELP!!!

CAJUNWDWFAN

Do or Do Not, There is No Try!
Hello everyone,

Myself, my parents, and my girlfriend are going to WDW from April 26th to May 3rd. I'm planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me when we are there. Does anybody have any ideas on how or where I could do this. I know there is a Proposal Package but it cost something like $250-$300 and I cannot afford that. I was at first hoping to propose to her during the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom but to my dismay there are no fireworks scheduled at MK during our stay :(
Since there isn't going to be any fireworks at the MK that rules out the Firework Cruise.

So does anyone have any other ideas? Please let me know.
Our trip is only 11 days away!!

thanks,

Congratulations!

That is too bad about the fireworks!!!

My fiance proposed to me at Disney World last year. My fiance proposed at Artist's Point in the Wilderness Lodge. We are pretty private and did not want to involve everyone at the parks, so he took me there. It is quiet and, in my opinion, romantic.

I think a great idea would be to propose over dinner and Cinderella's Royal Tables,(I think that is the name), the restaurant in the castle. I heard that if you plan it with them ahead of time they will bring your ring in a glass slipper with dessert. My fiance was going to do that, but since it was NYE he decided to propose in a restaurant that was outside the park. Whatever you do it will be wonderful and memorable because it is at WDW. Good Luck!!!

They have other types of shows at dusk in the other parks maybe one of those
Shawn :jester:

I was thinking about Illuminations. Maybe around Canada. There will be lots of flowers around EPCOT since the flower festival will be going on.

My honey proposed to be at the magic kingdom in Dec. 01. It was our first night in WDW during the Spectro Magic parade and he kept tugging me towards the castle (aka - more crowds!) finally he gave up and we stopped at Sleepy Hollow for a coffee. We sat there on a low wall drinking our coffee and kinda watching the parade. All of a sudden I see him get down on one knee out of the corner of my eye, he's holding out the ring box and asked me "so you wanna get married" (yes - he still gets crap from me for just saying that! hehehe). anyway, through my tears I said yes and I jammed that ring on my swollen finger. (heheh) Then I realized something and punched him in arm and said "You went on Space mountian three times with that in your pocket?" heheh

make your engagement special to YOU and your sweetie...she'll remember it no matter WHAT you do, as I did.

My FH proposed to me at a romantic dinner at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. He slipped the ring to "Albert" when I wasn't looking, and they brought it our after dessert on a silver platter with roses. It was such a wonderful surprise! The whole Disney trip was a surprise, actually!

Good luck. :)

My financee and I are both 26. We got engaged last June. I looked into all the WDW proposal options and almost considered the Pixie service. They have some really cool ideas and they are independent from Disney, but I decided to do it on my own.

Here's my WDW proposal story:

Initially, my plan was to "pop the question" on our 1st night in WDW at Cinderella's Royal Table during the MK fireworks. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a reservation. The proposal would have to wait....

To make a long story short(er), 2 days later I made plans for the Luau at Polynesian and bought tickets for Magic Kingdom E-Nights afterwards. After the Luau, we watched the MK fireworks from the Poly beach then went to E-nights at the Magic Kingdom. E-Nights is an event where for a small fee ($15?) a limited number of guests can ride the BEST attractions at Magic Kingdom. This set the stage for my proposal. I wanted it to be just between the two of us and as romantic as possible.

After riding all the rides, we strolled over to the Rose Garden near the Castle( where the Mickey and Minnie shrubs are). I asked Danielle to sit on the bench so we could take a picture with us and the castle. She obliged and before I took the picture, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. After she said "YES!", we got our picture taken with Mickey and Minnie!! It was great!

Here is the link to GIFTS OF A LIFETIME! They have some really unique ideas. It's probably too late for you to plan anything with them though. However, they may give you some helpful hints for FREE! If not, let me know and I'll give you some of their ideas that I was going to use.

http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/

Good Luck!

Here is a link to an actual Pixie Proposal story. Just to give you an idea of the extent they go to make this moment very special.

http://www.wdwig.com/pixie5.htm

I didn't propose at WDW but we got married at Sunset Point at the Poly in May '00 - all of the earlier suggestions are wonderful! I would add Sunset Point at the Poly as a possibilty. There is a circle at the end of the walk to the point and just beyond that are two palm trees that frame Cinderella's castle beautifully.

I agree with you on Canada in EPCOT during Illuminations...you might check and see about the Breathless Illuminations cruise - very romantic although it may be a bit pricey. As others have said so well, whatever you do, it will be special for both of you and the memories will last a lifetime! Best of luck and have a great time!!!

who do we call for reservations to Cinderella's Royal Table, and for dinner with pooh bear?

Priority Seating:
Please call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)†

Let them know about the special occasion and they might be able to fit you in. They will also do something special to help with the surprise.

Whatever you do, CajunWDWFan, make sure the folks are somewhere else! ;) You can tell them all about it later.

Good luck! and best wishes!

We'll I'm back and all went well.

Thursday (5/1) we went to the Magic Kingdom. This was the only day during our stay that both SpectroMagic and Fire in the Sky was scheduled. The day started out on the low side. We left for the park at 8am and it was already raining. I was hoping that the rain would stop in time for the fireworks later that evening. To my luck it stopped about noon. We toured the park all day. The night before we tried to get PS for Crystal Palace character dinner but the only time they had was 8:45 and if we would have take that time would have missed the fireworks. So what we did was Thursday we went to the restaurant it self and asked if they had any opening. To our suprise they said yes and we got PS for 5:45pm!!! (Side note for everyone. They hold 10% of the seating for walk ups on that day) So we ate there and after that staked out a dead center view of Cinderella's castle. We watched the SpectroMagic parade. Awesome! Then watched the fireworks. Immediately after the firework I got down on one knee and propose right in front of the castle. Of course she said YES!!

thanks for all the suggestions and help

CAJUNWDWFAN

Congratulations CAJUNWDWFAN!!

another proposal during Spectro! Join the club! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter