Marriott Cypress Harbour

Parrotheader

Mouseketeer
Has anybody ever stayed at this place? I'm just trying to find some feedback real quick.

My wife and I will doing the 4-days land / 3-days sea vacation in May and will be coming down a day early to make sure we can make the most of our time. Our flight the day before doesn't get in until 5:00 so I was trying to figure out what we'd do that evening. Since my wife will have just finished up her school year the day before, I thought it might be nice to get a nice luxurious place for our first night. I figure that way we can just come in and crash, maybe order a little room service and just enjoy a nice big place while we rest up for the next few day's activities. 1,345 sq ft. will probably be a bit of overkill, but I figure I'll be on vacation so enjoy it. Plus, I can get it for about $150 and get extra points since I'm a Marriott Rewards member. Given all the amenities this place boasts that doesn't seem like a bad price to me.

My only concern is that the room will be SO much nicer than the one at the Disney resort we'll be staying at (Port Orleans Riverside) that Disney might seem a little shabby in comparison. Actually, I'm not THAT worried about that. But it did cross my mind. As far as my wife knows, I'm just going to book a moderate Courtyard for our first night. But since most of those go for about $75+ I figure I'll go ahead and spend a little more and give her a small surprise to start things off. Is staying here a good idea?

Nevermind. I was just looking for real world feedback and got some. Who would have thought that my BOSS of all people would have been the one to ask!?! He won a contest awhile back and got to stay at the Marriott Cypress Harbour for one night before going on their cruise. He said it was absolutely wonderful. He said the only BAD thing was that they went from this huge suite to the tiny little cruise ship room. Our change will at least be more gradual, from Cypress Harbour, to Port Orleans (a normal size room), to our cruise ship cabin. I obviously booked the room btw. :) Looks like a fairly good deal for anybody looking for a very nice suite at a "moderate" price.

Also, the search function was obviously disabled when I posted this. Once it was fixed I found quite a few good threads on this place. Even though we'll only be there for one night I'm looking forward to getting down there.

that you were looking for so close to home as it really is a small world after all. I also remember reading some of the discussions awhile back from past guests as well and the reviews were very exceptional regarding this particular property with many loving the amenities so in indeed I think it's a fantastic choice especially for the price. Hope you have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter