Marriott Harbour Lake...anyone?

Does anyone have any pictures of the refurbed units?

Also, did they do any updating to the mini golf course? When we were there in 2007 it needed it!

Okay, here goes. I just am learning how to post photos, so I hope this works:

[
IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3752.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3748.JPG

These were from our December 2010 2 night stay in a dedicated 2 bedroom villa. Top floor, building 29. It was so clean! Yippee - I finally figured out how to share photos here.

We stayed for 5 nights in August 2010. LOVED IT! We had a 2 bedroom villa (don't remember the building number). It was so clean, huge, comfy beds. DH was just saying last night that he really wants to go back there. We had a great experience. The kids loved the 2 pools, mini golf, and the luau. I would highly recommend it & we are looking for a way to get a decent deal so we can go back (last year we bought a $600 for 5 nights voucher from Discover America).

We don't have a timeshare, but my mom's bf does, so I will ask him if he has Interval. Thanks!

lol! I just responded to your PM HappyMommy. Thank you! I can tell the difference between the unit we stayed in and the unit that you had. It looks like a color scheme change and paint. I can't tell about the counter tops. Also, I can see that they changed the table.

Thanks again!

The counter tops were I think corian. Not granite, but really new looking and clean! I was thrilled.

Overall, I loved the new feeling and cleanliness, and the bed comfort.

One more thing - the door behind my son in the last photo that's closed is a HUGE pantry! You could stay a month! One thing I find in many villas is the lack of storage space for groceries. When we moved over to the Boardwalk villa, I had some stuff stacked above the fridge (which I hate doing).

What is the luau? I haven't heard of this and they didn't have it the times we went (May and January)

I don't know about a luau - the only Marriott timeshare that I've been to with one is Ko Olina on Oahu. Maybe you're talking about the one at the Poly at WDW?

UGH - I just found a getaway for our spring break week! Only $350 for the whole week in a 2 br unit. And I didn't upgrade our tickets to AP's like I was thinking about!!

Oh well - I just booked it!!

What is the luau? I haven't heard of this and they didn't have it the times we went (May and January)

While we were there in August, one of the activities was a Luau one night. It was in the restaurant that is right next to the pool. We ordered food at the counter & sat at the tables outside. They had a fire eater (?), luau dancers, and music. They gave out leis (sp?) to everyone sitting at the tables. We had so much fun! I haven't been to the Poly luau since I was a kid, so I can't compare. But it was free (except that we bought food, but you didn't HAVE to):thumbsup2

UGH - I just found a getaway for our spring break week! Only $350 for the whole week in a 2 br unit. And I didn't upgrade our tickets to AP's like I was thinking about!!

Oh well - I just booked it!!

I did find out that my mom's boyfriend has Interval for his timeshare, although he said that his is not Marriott. I am not sure what that means, since I am not familiar with timeshares. If he has Interval, does he have access to checking out the "getaways" that you mentioned? Do you know where we could find that information about what is available? Thanks:)

I did find out that my mom's boyfriend has Interval for his timeshare, although he said that his is not Marriott. I am not sure what that means, since I am not familiar with timeshares. If he has Interval, does he have access to checking out the "getaways" that you mentioned? Do you know where we could find that information about what is available? Thanks:)

Yes - anyone with an Interval membership can book getaways, and for an extra $49 (I think) they can put it into another's name (a guest certificate). My husband said the best thing about me talking him into buying our Marriott timeshare (finally! After trying for 5 years and we could have gotten it for less) is the getaways and one trade we did (we traded our studio portion of Ko Olina and got a 2 bedroom Four Seasons resort in Scottsdale with full maid service daily). We've done 3 getaways so far, and they are an awesome deal if you can find one that works for you. I can't believe I got Harbour Lake again for $350 plus $40 in taxes for the week - and I'm adding one night for guess what, $350?! Still, I want to stay till Saturday and it's still a good deal.

The best way is to check FREQUENTLY and also change your parameters, like check all available dates, then narrow them down. I think they change the availability a lot. Don't book unless it's exactly what you want, since it's fully prepaid. You need to log into www.intervalworld.com and then check the getaways tab. You can use a map if you want.

The luau sounds fun! I look forward to spending a lot of time at the resort this time, maybe just a day or two at Seaworld (we have amex points that we can use for free tix).

The best way is to check FREQUENTLY and also change your parameters, like check all available dates, then narrow them down. I think they change the availability a lot. Don't book unless it's exactly what you want, since it's fully prepaid. You need to log into www.intervalworld.com and then check the getaways tab. You can use a map if you want.

Thanks for this info! I looked at the website, but I think I need to sign in to look for the getaways. I guess I will have to get the login info from my mom's boyfriend in order to check for this. Thanks!

Thanks for this info! I looked at the website, but I think I need to sign in to look for the getaways. I guess I will have to get the login info from my mom's boyfriend in order to check for this. Thanks!

Yes, you do have to sign in. Also, they can book a getaway for you (or let you do it if they give you their sign in name and password), you just add the "guest certificate" to put it into someone other than their name.

Yes, you do have to sign in. Also, they can book a getaway for you (or let you do it if they give you their sign in name and password), you just add the "guest certificate" to put it into someone other than their name.

Thanks for this information! I got the log in info from mom's boyfriend, so now I just have to hope something comes up:) I saw something listed for our week, but it's the wrong room type. I will keep checking.

Wow! Great info and pictures! We will be booking shortly for a week(Well trading thru II, my parents are giving us there extra week this year, cant beat the price) in May and now I am so excited!!! :goodvibes

I have two question tho. I will be traveling with my soon to be one then DD:lovestruc. Do you know if they provide Pack n Plays or highchairs? Also If she is down for a nap in the Master, do you think she could hear noise from the living room? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter