Marriott Rewards Card? FFI pts per night?

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
I was wondering how many points per night is the Fairfield Inn that is near the Harbor Blvd entrance? I'm considering getting the Marriott Rewards card and just wondering if its worth it? Also any opinions on the Marriott Rewards card if you have it. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's 35k per night. Book 5 nights, 6th free (always on redemption stays). It's a Cat 7 hotel. Right next door is the Courtyard, which is a Cat 9, and is now 45k points a night (we are staying there next week)

With Marriott do they ever sell points? Like say if you have 100k in points and if need 65k more, can you purchase them?

And how hard is it to redeem the points? Do some hotels play games with room availability? Can you realistically only use the points during slow periods of the year?

Yup...been averaging 35K per night. I have seen it as low as 20K off season, but those are becoming more rare.

My mother-in-law's opinion is that the Fairfield is a better value for earning points than using Marriott points. She travels a lot and saves her points for redemption elsewhere.

It's actually stay 4 nights get the 5th free (if you use points) - but regardless it's 35k/night. You can also mix and match points and cash, but then you don't get the 5th night. I would agree that I probably wouldn't use points on FFI, we have used them occasionally at the new RI convention center if a specific date of our stay was priced high. We have both the personal and business Marriott cards - you get one free night at cat 5 or lower each year, plus automatic silver elite status. We have a Marriott associate gig so we're kind of loyalists, and in that regard the points and extra perks were worth it to us. Whether it's a better choice than some of the other branded cards...another conversation.

With Marriott do they ever sell points? Like say if you have 100k in points and if need 65k more, can you purchase them?

And how hard is it to redeem the points? Do some hotels play games with room availability? Can you realistically only use the points during slow periods of the year?

Also, it's super easy to redeem points and I haven't ever seen blackout dates on them. You can go on the website and search using points, and Marriott is nice in that you can actually book with points before even earning them.

We are Lifetime Platinum Premier members with Marriott (DH travels for his job). I have redeemed over a million points throughout the years, and most instances have been relatively easy to do so. Super peak times can be sold out of "points" rooms though, but people do cancel, so often times things open up!

And yes, sorry, it's 5th night free with points!

I do think that 35k points a night for a hotel across the street from Disneyland is a great value! Especially compared to the cost of the rooms there (at least in the Summer...it's pretty $$$)

It's actually stay 4 nights get the 5th free (if you use points) - but regardless it's 35k/night. You can also mix and match points and cash, but then you don't get the 5th night. I would agree that I probably wouldn't use points on FFI, we have used them occasionally at the new RI convention center if a specific date of our stay was priced high. We have both the personal and business Marriott cards - you get one free night at cat 5 or lower each year, plus automatic silver elite status. We have a Marriott associate gig so we're kind of loyalists, and in that regard the points and extra perks were worth it to us. Whether it's a better choice than some of the other branded cards...another conversation.
how many pts is ri a night?

I just checked, it looks like they've upped it to 40k/night. I think the last time we used points there was late 2016/early 2017 and it was 35k - equal to FFI, and FFI hadn't been renovated yet so it seemed like a no brainer.
I Forgot to ask... how many rooms did you have at 40k?

you can buy up to 50,000 points a year. but it costs 625.00! For me it is worth it if I get the free night, but otherwise the Amex is the fastest way!

Even without a marriott rewards account, you can check this on their website by searching your dates and location. Just have to click the "Use Points" box when searching.

The Fairfield Inn on Harbor Blvd is a category 5 hotel which is 35k points now and will be 30k-40k when the new "off-peak/standard/peak" system is implemented on September 14th.

Even without a marriott rewards account, you can check this on their website by searching your dates and location. Just have to click the "Use Points" box when searching.

The Fairfield Inn on Harbor Blvd is a category 5 hotel which is 35k points now and will be 30k-40k when the new "off-peak/standard/peak" system is implemented on September 14th.
I am pretty nervous about this new system. I have the courtyard theme-park entrance booked for 200,000 points but that could leap up if they decide it is peak season. Isn't it always peak at Disney??

FYI: Now that Marriott owns Starwood as well, there are more options for points redemption in the DLR area. In addition to all the Marriott properties, you can also book/redeem the Sheraton Park, the Fourpoints, and (coming next summer) the new Westin. There are lots of Marriott options around DLR, including Garden Grove, too.

they seem to be saying in their info video, "you are locking in the room, not the rate"

I just watched one of their info videos. They specifically state that if you are worried that your dates can turn into peak dates then book early to lock in your reward rate. If you have booked already, you are fine. If you need to make changes later, I assume you are subject to whatever the reward redemption rates are then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter