• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Sabal Palms

mom25kiddos

Mouseketeer
We stayed at the Marriott Sabal Palms last week and just wanted to share our experience- we generally are off-site people and have stayed at many of the resorts/timeshares in the area. We really enjoyed this location-easy access to the parks, and we particularly liked it being connected to the Marriott World Center-I was worried it would be far away, but walked over several times a day and enjoyed the pools and facilities. Had the benefits of a hotel with the space of a timeshare. We paid the $20 one day and used the waterslides and it was well worth it. The rooms are pretty typical timeshare setups, but the pullout couch was really solid, not one of those terrible springy ones. We ubered to Epcot the one day (wanted to enjoy food and wine festival) and it was less than $20 each way for a XL (we were six people), and definitely took less time than parking and such. I would think giving parking costs using Uber for a smaller family (that doesn't require a XL) would wind up being not much of a difference in price (perhaps $10 more round trip).

Sabal Palms has become a favorite. Stayed in June, returning in December. Stayed three times last year.

I love the size and style - it stands out a bit from traditional units. The pool is a great size, pretty atmosphere and usually empty. Grills are scattered about and the garden lighting is nice to come home to. Love parking close to my front door.

Few things I can think of, maybe more later ~

- MVC guests are allowed to use the main pool and the giant slides there no charge. The $20 fee applies to using the new waterpark. And according to our MVC the waterpark option can change daily depending on crowds. These are the ones by main pool included. One straight in front, two curvy in back.

1694013035903.png

- In case it matters there are stairs INSIDE the units. Down a few to living room and master bedroom then up a few from master bedroom into the bathroom.

- Second bedroom is a full and twin bed. Room is not large at all. It is by the front door and has an open balcony. For me, it would factor if my kids were young. Being mine are older it was nice to have it private away from master.

1694013483766.png

Thanks for adding that information-particularly on the pools. We only paid to use the waterpark that has the tube slides and the lazy river. The day we did it was super hot and completely empty (a Monday before a pending hurricane lol). We used the regular pool at the Marriott, and they also had fun activities (dive in movies, laser show etc.) at night. This was, as mentioned no cost. It had a pool size bar with full menu of food as well (we did lunch there one-you can bill to your room at the villa). We agreed it is our new favorite spot-the space of a timeshare but amenities of a hotel. When I booked it, I had the impression we would need to drive over to the main hotel, but it was very walkable, even after a huge park day! And Starbucks in the main lobby.

Thanks for sharing! How were the rooms in terms of styling? Were they modern, updated and bright? or more dated and dark?

Are there any points-renting services for Marriott, like there are for Wyndham? I've never seen any.

Are there any points-renting services for Marriott, like there are for Wyndham? I've never seen any.
I don't understand the process.

I stay about 3-4 weeks on my stepdad's MVC points each year. This year he has put two weeks up on Red Week because he can't use them now (they are assigned to a specific resort) and next spring he put a week up at a popular hard to get resort. I'm thinking he said he called Marriott but they were of no help.

Perhaps look at Red Week, I think you might find them there.

One reason I like them is they are so bright and cheerful! with nice beachy spa like colors.

They look exactly like the photos online.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/mcosp-marriotts-sabal-palms/photos/
That's great! Were you on first or second floor? Were you able to choose which floor? I see one review that said that they had lizards in their room (I'm terrified of those! LOL). Did you see anything like that? Were the patios/balconies screened in? Did you like the location? Was your room spotless? Apologies for all the questions. We normally stay at The Grove but the recent reviews are making me nervous so Sabal Palms has me interested in learning more. So many of the timeshares look dark and dated and those types of spaces make me feel low energy.

That's great! Were you on first or second floor? Were you able to choose which floor?
I have stayed both. Plus is the 2nd isn't a bad walkup. A couple times stepdad requested first floor and we got it. Once he did and didn't get it but a last minute booking. Can't hurt to ask especially if you want second floor as I imagine they get lots of requests for bottom.

I see one review that said that they had lizards in their room (I'm terrified of those! LOL). Did you see anything like that?
Nope no lizards or bugs of any kinds. The units that face the water you can see ducks, turtles, storks from your porch.

Were the patios/balconies screened in?
Big porch is screened in. 2nd bedroom balcony is just a narrow balcony, no furniture. Never used.

Did you like the location?
Marriott World Center is AWESOME. Turn right and drive and in minutes you are on property. We've gotten to MK toll booth in 10 minutes. Whole family LOVES location!!! Whole group stayed in 3 bedroom, did Disney and Universal and we thought awesome.

If you mean in property you do drive to the back for Sabal but it's so quiet and private. Easy walk to hotel pools. Imperial and Royal are at front of complex so right off the main entrance but the walk to hotel is a bit longer if you want to go there.

Was your room spotless?
YES. We stay around in Marriott Vacation Club and this one has been exceptionally clean each time. About 5 stays there post COVID.

Apologies for all the questions. We normally stay at The Grove but the recent reviews are making me nervous so Sabal Palms has me interested in learning more. So many of the timeshares look dark and dated and those types of spaces make me feel low energy.
I hear you! I hate the dark. Marriott seems to be going light with all their renovations. Royal, also at Marriott World are super bright too but I am often there alone with disabled DS so not parking right by unit has kept me from booking there.

Thanks so much for the info! Did you find the beds comfortable?
Yes but honestly we are so park heavy that I sleep better at Disney no matter what and I am a poor sleeper. Zero complaints on beds. We have never used their sofabeds.

That's so great to hear! Lastly I am wondering if you were to have location requests, what/where you would request? Thanks again!

That's so great to hear! Lastly I am wondering if you were to have location requests, what/where you would request? Thanks again!
I’ve stayed 41 a few times, 42 and 44. I love 44, whole vibe there with gardens, playground, grills, lighting. A minute walk to pool and clubhouse. Great vista views on porch.

Entire village is small but 44 was great!

IMG_6250.jpeg

I will answer some of those questions too from my perspective:
two weeks ago we stayed in building 45, it was not a huge resort as others have said, and highly walkable. We were on first floor-no 'lizards'/geckos in our until but they are all over the sidewalk-may be time of year, and they are tiny. Like the size of a grasshopper with a tail. My kids loved them and was concerned they were planning to bring them home, lol. They get out of your way quickly.

We found the bed somewhat soft, rooms were clean and fairly up to date. I would say comparable to any other nice timeshare property I have stayed at, but of course not as nice as a high end hotel. Rooms are really spacious. We had a screened in patio we used in the evening (no lizards or anything made it inside) and could look out onto the golf course.

Front desk communicates effectively by text, which I really appreciated.

We’ll be staying at the Imperial Palms in two weeks, and it’s our first time with the MWC property - it all looks great, so I’m excited! I have a kind of random question - what is nearby in terms of basic shopping? Like, is there a CVS/Walgreens close to the resort? Or is there a shop at the World Center with basic stuff? I’m mostly thinking about stuff like spray sunscreen that I can’t pack in a carry-on and will need to grab when we’re there, and we’re not going to have a car this trip like we normally do.

We’ll be staying at the Imperial Palms in two weeks, and it’s our first time with the MWC property - it all looks great, so I’m excited! I have a kind of random question - what is nearby in terms of basic shopping? Like, is there a CVS/Walgreens close to the resort? Or is there a shop at the World Center with basic stuff? I’m mostly thinking about stuff like spray sunscreen that I can’t pack in a carry-on and will need to grab when we’re there, and we’re not going to have a car this trip like we normally do.
Across the parking lot from Imperial is where you check in and that is Royal Palms. They have a small "shop" for extras. (photo below) At the main Marriott Hotel building (walkable) there are lots of restaurants, bars, Starbucks, gift / newsstand ... am sure you can get items there.

There is Walgreens, CVS, Publix etc nearby but NOT walkable.

1696120790483.png

Publix is 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.

Publix is 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.
The closest Publix is 2.5 miles away on two VERY BUSY roads mostly no sidewalks. This is not a safe or reasonable option.

Thanks for the info! This is a short trip for us - we’re used to being down a full week and renting a car, getting groceries, etc, this time is just a weekend. I think we’ll just plan on walking over to the Starbucks at the MWC for breakfast/coffee and hope we can find whatever small things we need there as well. There’s always Instacart, but the upcharge can be insane 😆

We haven't stayed at Sabel palms, but have stayed at Royal Palms. I love the overall location of MWC for Disney trips. Our rooms have always been really clean. I also love that they have those huge screened in porches!
In regards to the food, we ate at the quick serve restaurant by the pool a couple of times and really liked their food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter