Martha Stewart's Fried Chicken

marlasmom

DIS Veteran
This is really good and you can find the exact recipe on her website. Basically though she soaks the chicken in buttermilk with salt added for two hours or more. She puts in a paper bag, flour, pepper, and two tablespoons of baking powder to 6 cops of flour, add salt. She also adds cayene pepper and adds tabasco to the buttermilk. I did not do either of those. Then fry in oil about 15 minutes per side of chicken - ie - cook one side for 15 minutes, turn and cook the other side for 15 minutes.

I use vegetable oil and fry it fairly slowly so it gets done in the middle. I also take the skin off (I only used the breasts although the recipe calls for two whole chickens cut up) and take off the rib bones. My sister used to deep fry chicken in lard - covered and cooked slowly for about 45 minutes. She breaded hers with cracker crumbs. It was wonderful when she made it and I have never been able to duplicate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter