Marvel Day at Sea Cruise 2024

Thank you! A lot of great advice (and pictures) here. In the bottom picture the heroes unite party? Are the people on Deck 11 all sitting? We have a family member who can’t stand for long so it’s hard to get places early enough to stake out a spot and stand through the show, but I think we can sit during the show it might work.
Yes hero’s deck party. People were sitting on deck 11. Not sure if that was the norm but most everyone was sitting on deck 11. Captain Stan

Here are some pics of the Marvel menu

IMG_1547.jpegIMG_1543.jpegIMG_1541.jpegIMG_1540.jpegIMG_1539.jpegIMG_1542.jpeg

We are still on our MDAS sailing, but wanted to add two pieces of information that may help others (1) I recommend showing up in the atrium around 7:40PM, almost all of the heroes trickle in over the next 20 minutes, and they interact with each other a bit, but they will also take photos and sign. We had checked a lot of boxes earlier in the day, but managed to get Hawkeye and Kate, Wasp, Dr Strange, and Black Widow in less a half hour, the kids also shook handles with Captain America (Sam) and Ms. Marvel. If they had showed up at 7:40 when I did, instead of 7:55ish, they probably could have gotten a few more in as well.
(2) There is a (18+) Ravagers Club dance party listed at the very end of the day— it doesn’t say it in the description, but Starlord and Gamora both show up (along with a pack of Ravagers) to kick off the party, which we thought was really fun, even though we were completely exhausted by that point in the day.

We are still on our MDAS sailing, but wanted to add two pieces of information that may help others (1) I recommend showing up in the atrium around 7:40PM, almost all of the heroes trickle in over the next 20 minutes, and they interact with each other a bit, but they will also take photos and sign. We had checked a lot of boxes earlier in the day, but managed to get Hawkeye and Kate, Wasp, Dr Strange, and Black Widow in less a half hour, the kids also shook handles with Captain America (Sam) and Ms. Marvel. If they had showed up at 7:40 when I did, instead of 7:55ish, they probably could have gotten a few more in as well.
(2) There is a (18+) Ravagers Club dance party listed at the very end of the day— it doesn’t say it in the description, but Starlord and Gamora both show up (along with a pack of Ravagers) to kick off the party, which we thought was really fun, even though we were completely exhausted by that point in the day.
Great tip! Thank you! We are going in March and hope this is the case. My daughter is a HUGE Kate fan (she is dressing like her that evening). We hope we can get a photo!

Great tip! Thank you! We are going in March and hope this is the case. My daughter is a HUGE Kate fan (she is dressing like her that evening). We hope we can get a photo!
As far as I could tell, neither Hawkeye or Kate had assigned meet and greet times but they were one of the first ones in the lobby around 7:40.

For anyone else reading this thread, it’s night 4 of the sailing and I just happened to pass Ms Marvel and Shang Chi singing karaoke with one of our fellow passengers in the D lounge at 11:15pm.

Currently on Castaway Cay. 😎Will try to write a longer report sometime between tomorrow and the weekend.
Hope you had an amazing cruise! Would love any and all feedback. We have been on the Dream 3x so know the ship but have never done a MDAS cruise so most interested in those offerings (and have not been to Grand Cayman). Thank you in advance!

Hope you had an amazing cruise! Would love any and all feedback. We have been on the Dream 3x so know the ship but have never done a MDAS cruise so most interested in those offerings (and have not been to Grand Cayman). Thank you in advance!
Hi @ngl -- I am sorry it took me so long to follow up. I was thinking I didn't have much more to add but my original report from the actual MDAS was quite sparse!

Here is the most important information I can remember, off the top of my head, happy to answer follow up Qs:
(1) There was not planned meet and greet for Kate & Hawkeye to my knowledge at any time. Black Widow didn't have any on the MDAS but she did have them later on the cruise.
(2) If you want to meet Captain America or Captain Marvel (and probably some of the other big names) at the general availability M&G times you should plan to show up to them early, and I mean at least 10-15m before the posted M&G time. I went to the Captain America (Rogers) meet & greet location about 12m before the time and I was at least 20 groups back. There really isn't enough time to rush back and forth to see all the headliners and it was pretty exhausting to try.
(3) While you are waiting in line, constantly refresh the onboard activities options in the app to see if you can pick up additional scheduled M&G with the Avengers HQ/Asgard/Guardians because (a) they rotate between different characters every other hour and (b) they will NOT let you adjust your visit based on which characters you want to meet, so you have to get lucky getting a time that matches your preferred character. We found a lot of sporadic availability and once we had the reservation time the cast would informally "guess" which characters might show up at that time.
(4) There is a character costume celebration party in the atrium in the mid-afternoon. That is you best chance to take pictures with the disney characters in their marvel costumes but you need to bolt towards the character you want photos with immediately as the crowds begin to dissipate (I recall that Chip 'n Dale were downstairs by the grand stairwell, Pluto was downstairs, Minnie was upstairs on the balcony... but this could change) because they only stick around for 15-30 minutes and they DO pull the characters away even with long lines remaining. If you're determined to get this pictures, I would divide and conquer and stakeout the different members of your party in different places to be ready at the break.
(5) There really isn't too much scheduled Marvel stuff after the MDAS. I did see a few things in the kids club and a couple of character M&Gs. As I mentioned above, you might spontaneously encounter them later in the trip, and maybe there were even more that I missed, but it really stopped feeling like a Marvel Cruise after day 2.

Hi @ngl -- I am sorry it took me so long to follow up. I was thinking I didn't have much more to add but my original report from the actual MDAS was quite sparse!

Here is the most important information I can remember, off the top of my head, happy to answer follow up Qs:
(1) There was not planned meet and greet for Kate & Hawkeye to my knowledge at any time. Black Widow didn't have any on the MDAS but she did have them later on the cruise.
(2) If you want to meet Captain America or Captain Marvel (and probably some of the other big names) at the general availability M&G times you should plan to show up to them early, and I mean at least 10-15m before the posted M&G time. I went to the Captain America (Rogers) meet & greet location about 12m before the time and I was at least 20 groups back. There really isn't enough time to rush back and forth to see all the headliners and it was pretty exhausting to try.
(3) While you are waiting in line, constantly refresh the onboard activities options in the app to see if you can pick up additional scheduled M&G with the Avengers HQ/Asgard/Guardians because (a) they rotate between different characters every other hour and (b) they will NOT let you adjust your visit based on which characters you want to meet, so you have to get lucky getting a time that matches your preferred character. We found a lot of sporadic availability and once we had the reservation time the cast would informally "guess" which characters might show up at that time.
(4) There is a character costume celebration party in the atrium in the mid-afternoon. That is you best chance to take pictures with the disney characters in their marvel costumes but you need to bolt towards the character you want photos with immediately as the crowds begin to dissipate (I recall that Chip 'n Dale were downstairs by the grand stairwell, Pluto was downstairs, Minnie was upstairs on the balcony... but this could change) because they only stick around for 15-30 minutes and they DO pull the characters away even with long lines remaining. If you're determined to get this pictures, I would divide and conquer and stakeout the different members of your party in different places to be ready at the break.
(5) There really isn't too much scheduled Marvel stuff after the MDAS. I did see a few things in the kids club and a couple of character M&Gs. As I mentioned above, you might spontaneously encounter them later in the trip, and maybe there were even more that I missed, but it really stopped feeling like a Marvel Cruise after day 2.
Thank you SO much for these tips!! A few follow up questions if you do not mind:
1. We have reserved times for MDAS for Avengers HQ/Asgard/Guardians. Not sure if I am interpreting this correctly but even if we go to those we can still refresh and try to go back if there is availability?
2. Along those lines, it looks like the other day at sea also had reservations. Just trying to figure out if it is a one and done thing or if we can keep trying since the characters change.
3. I know you noted that at 7:40pm on MDAS all the characters walked through the atrium. Assume there must be a show they were going to? We are going to try this! Thank you!
4. Great re divide and conquer re the Disney characters.
5. For the Marvel deck show, what time did you go? thought I saw some saying they were getting there an hour or so ahead of time.
Thank you again for all of this. We really appreciate it!

Thank you SO much for these tips!! A few follow up questions if you do not mind:
1. We have reserved times for MDAS for Avengers HQ/Asgard/Guardians. Not sure if I am interpreting this correctly but even if we go to those we can still refresh and try to go back if there is availability?
2. Along those lines, it looks like the other day at sea also had reservations. Just trying to figure out if it is a one and done thing or if we can keep trying since the characters change.
3. I know you noted that at 7:40pm on MDAS all the characters walked through the atrium. Assume there must be a show they were going to? We are going to try this! Thank you!
4. Great re divide and conquer re the Disney characters.
5. For the Marvel deck show, what time did you go? thought I saw some saying they were getting there an hour or so ahead of time.
Thank you again for all of this. We really appreciate it!
1. Yes, once you are on board you can search for more slots. I had reserved all 3 so I didn’t try to look for more slots until the morning of MDAS when I realized they alternated characters for each greeting spot.
2. That’s correct— there are reserved M&G on the second sea day, but not many open meeting marvel characters.
3. There’s actually a show (mostly for kids?) right before it on the pool deck, I forget the name but it’s at 7:30 and it’s Mickey and the gang dancing — I think it’s why crowds don’t really start to build until after 7:45. I’m not certain when all the heroes left the atrium, I want to say it was closer to 8:10, but the lines were getting long for M&G by 8.
5. We had second seating and we didn’t get out there until about 10. We found an sort of ok spot on the upper deck, but if its not too cold and you have first seating, I think it is with getting there early and sitting along the runway/catwalks on 11 (where they cover the pools), try to sit somewhere close to the taped off runway with a good view of the funnel vision screen.

Reactions: ngl
If you have late dining you will be at a disadvantage for the Heroes Unite show. In the afternoon, our assistant server suggested viewing from deck 12 against the railing, directly across from the funnel vision, between the steps up to the aquaduck and where the twist and spout yellow slide blocks the view. This was the best spot for our group given the time we arrived, the mix of kids, short adults and a general aversion to large crowds.

1. Yes, once you are on board you can search for more slots. I had reserved all 3 so I didn’t try to look for more slots until the morning of MDAS when I realized they alternated characters for each greeting spot.
2. That’s correct— there are reserved M&G on the second sea day, but not many open meeting marvel characters.
3. There’s actually a show (mostly for kids?) right before it on the pool deck, I forget the name but it’s at 7:30 and it’s Mickey and the gang dancing — I think it’s why crowds don’t really start to build until after 7:45. I’m not certain when all the heroes left the atrium, I want to say it was closer to 8:10, but the lines were getting long for M&G by 8.
5. We had second seating and we didn’t get out there until about 10. We found an sort of ok spot on the upper deck, but if its not too cold and you have first seating, I think it is with getting there early and sitting along the runway/catwalks on 11 (where they cover the pools), try to sit somewhere close to the taped off runway with a good view of the funnel vision screen.
Thanks again! Great information. What time is the Heroes Unite show? We always do second seating for dinner so will need to hustle I guess!

Thanks again! Great information. What time is the Heroes Unite show? We always do second seating for dinner so will need to hustle I guess!
I believe it’s 10:15?
We did 2 courses and dessert. You could probably get out by 9:30 if you’re willing to skip dessert.

If you have late dining you will be at a disadvantage for the Heroes Unite show. In the afternoon, our assistant server suggested viewing from deck 12 against the railing, directly across from the funnel vision, between the steps up to the aquaduck and where the twist and spout yellow slide blocks the view. This was the best spot for our group given the time we arrived, the mix of kids, short adults and a general aversion to large crowds.
If you don’t want to be in the crowd I agree this is the best spot (except for the people on the top of the yellow slide, no idea how you swing that)—but my feeling was that on 12 it felt like we were watching the show and it would have been a more special experience to be close to the action on 11.

If you don’t want to be in the crowd I agree this is the best spot (except for the people on the top of the yellow slide, no idea how you swing that)—but my feeling was that on 12 it felt like we were watching the show and it would have been a more special experience to be close to the action on 11.
To be on top of the yellow slide you need to be picked to go there.. When we went on our 1st cruise the cruise director picked my family to stand up there to watch Pirate night and had the best view for fireworks

To be on top of the yellow slide you need to be picked to go there.. When we went on our 1st cruise the cruise director picked my family to stand up there to watch Pirate night and had the best view for fireworks
I had been assuming dibs went to the family in the most expensive suite— glad to hear it’s CD discretion. Was you family doing anything special to get the CD’s attention?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter