Mary Blair's doll in it's a small world

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Does anyone have a picture? During my last visit, I couldn't find it :confused3

I've never heard of this doll. What is it (just like the other dolls or smaller? hidden?) and where is it usually found (or does it move to different rooms)?

I don't have a picture, but she is half way up the Eiffel Tower. As you pass it, it will be on your left, look over your left shoulder! She is facing the same direction as the boats travel.

The poodle is looking at her!

How lovely! I will definitely look for her the next time we ride IASW. Don't suppose she's in the holiday version, but will check that, too.

Crazy!? I never even thought to look for her in the ride. I think it is awesome that there is a tribute to her!

I did not know this and I was a seminar dedicated to Small World at the Expo with Alice Davis, Tony Baxter, Richard Sherman and the Imagineer who did the re-do. Love this tidbit and goes to show you can always find more hidden goodies at Disney :)

We are currently on our vacation at Disneyland and took the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps tour on Friday. During the tour we rode Small World which is currently decorated for the holidays. We were told that the Mary Blair doll was the center caroler hanging from the ceiling. I forget which room. I did not get a real good look so I will have to try again and see if it is the same doll, just in different costume. If I can get a photo I will try to get back and post it.

According to scrapbunny's link above, the Mary Blair doll is on the Eiffel Tower holding a red balloon. We rode IASWH yesterday, and, voila!, there she was. Don't know about a center caroler. If someone can post a picture, that would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter