Mary & Dan's TR- WP/BW 6/22/07-Getting ready

June 20, 2007

Chapter 4 cont’d:
“Time to party!!!”

After our pedicures my mom and I head back to the Boardwalk. When we arrived the guys still were not there. My mom and I went our separate ways so we could rest up for the night to come. As I was getting ready for a nap Dan shows up. He is stuffed to the brim and stinks of beer lol! He loved ESPN Zone and apparently the guys had a blast. I quickly remembered that I had left the responsibility of ordering 10 pies of pizza and some other food from Spoodles to be delivered to my mom’s villa at around 7! Did he do it? To my relief he did, I am so happy Dan is a guy I could count on. He never lets me down and this week he was better than ever.

So we napped and around 6:20pm I jumped out of bed…oh sh@#$$t we are supposed to be at my mom’s villa in 20 min. Dan agrees to go over and help my mom set up so that I can primp myself!

Now let me just say I didn’t know who exactly was coming:headache: . I sort of just put it into the newsletter and said hey join us if you like. I knew my college friends would show up for free booze and pizza and my bridal party would be there. Well, when I showed up to the villa there were like 35 people! All of our aunts and Uncles, parents, cousins- it was so funny. I wish I had a pic because we were so cramped but it was still fun. Everyone ate and drank. By this point my BIL Kyle was already tipsy and making me pee my pants!
So at around 9pm as a huge group we decide to head over to jellyrolls!

NIGHT36_32.jpg

mommy022.jpg

Even Dan’s parents who are go to bed early types joined in on the fun!
mommy023.jpg

Right away everyone hit the bar….

1300.jpg

1301.jpg

1302.jpg

1303.jpg

1304.jpg

it was hysterical because our parents kept throwing the piano players like 20 bucks every other minute to play certain songs that are popular in our family- “pour some sugar on me” anything kiss oh and of course my mom had to get in “it’s raining men!”
mommy025.jpg

At around 11pm ish the girls( and my very gay friend and Heather’s boyfriend who we let tag along because he is quite shy and didn’t know the other guys) decided it was time to head out to PI. The guys were doing their own thing (which in the end meant getting so smashed they couldn’t really leave the Boardwalk and jumped between Jellyrolls, ESPN and dance hall).

On the bus to PI…
1305.jpg

1306.jpg

1307.jpg

pisign2.jpg

I had never been to PI before (gasp I know I have been to wdw over 25 times and never been to PI at night!- The thing is I used to be a club rat in NYC and for a long time just shied away from clubs) So I wanted to see the moving dance floor at mannequins.

So we hit that first- did quite a few shots, almost busted our bums getting on the dance floor and then decided it was a very odd crowd and had to leave. We did have a bit of fun first!

1308.jpg

1309.jpg

We left Motion quite plastered and head to Motion. We had a blast here…there were tons of weird guys and so the ears started making its rounds. We were telling people we were having a mass marrying Disney style- some actually believed us!

1313.jpg

1320.jpg

At around 1:30am we decided to switch it up and head to the 70’s/ 80’s club but they were calling last call- WHAT?????? In NYC the bars stay open until 4am so we were quite shocked. I mean we were all drunk but could have still partied- how do you Floridians do it? Lol! Since we were all staying at different resorts we decided to go home. Everyone’s feet was killing them!

1326.jpg

Anyway Kerry had a pedi appointment at like 9am and I had to a nail and hair appointment the next day as well. Turns out quite a few people (both the guys and the girls) were praying to the porcelain god that night! Luckily it wasn’t Dan or I lol!

Up next- The day of the rehearsal, O’hana, dessert party and why the heck is the whole bridal party so hung over?????:drinking1

I'm enjoying your TR and wedding report!

You're pics are so lovely, you make a beautiful bride!

Your wedding TR is such a HOOT so far......you and your gang seem like you had a ball....especially at PI. Can't wait to read more........:surfweb:

I too had been to Disney many times and never made it to PI. Last year when I went for a girls weekend with one of my friends (now my maid of honor) drug me there and we had a great time. We also enjoyed the Adventurers Club, but I know that isn't everyone's taste. It is strange how PI just isn't always on the agenda for a Disney trip :goodvibes

I too had been to Disney many times and never made it to PI. Last year when I went for a girls weekend with one of my friends (now my maid of honor) drug me there and we had a great time. We also enjoyed the Adventurers Club, but I know that isn't everyone's taste. It is strange how PI just isn't always on the agenda for a Disney trip :goodvibes

oooh i have dying to tey Adventure's club! now I have too lol!

June 21, 2007

Chapter 5
“Tell the cast they need to rehearse!”

Our phone rings Thurs morning and I jump out of bed. I had one of those “where am I, when is it, did I miss my wedding moments” thanks to a ummmm little bit of liquor the night before. Then I realize it is 10 am the day of the rehearsal and Dan is on the phone with his very hung over groomsman Matt. They are coordinating their trip to Periwigs for a clean up. Meanwhile I call my mom and we arrange to meet to head over to Periwigs for our manicure and blowouts.

So let me say I had to make our rehearsal later in the day (3:30pm) because 1.half my bridal party was flying in that morning and 2. I didn’t want there to be big time gaps and our ressies for O’hana was at 5pm. It actually worked out well because a few members of our bridal party was severely hung over and needed to sleep in and I got to get in my mani and a hair blowout.

My mom and I walked over to Periwigs from the Boardwalk and it was such a nice walk. Just relaxing and we really got to chat alone. It was our last “mommy- daughter chat” before the wedding.

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

We were entering periwigs and Dan, Matt and Steve were leaving. Side note-After the fact the guys told me Matt was throwing up all morning and had to go back to his room to sleep and he would later meet us at GF. My mom and I had our hair and nails done and we were very pleased. In fact I enjoyed this waaay more than the GF spa. It was small quaint and quiet and the people we so nice. I sort of wish I saved some moolah and did my pedi her but oh well what can you do? Once done we head back to the BW where we ran into my family (My mom’s brother and family all of who are involved in the wedding). I was happy to see they made it with time to spare. We agreed to meet in the BW lobby and head over to the GF together.

So I changed and we head to the lobby. We all hopped on the bus to MK and then took the monorail to the GF where we met the rest of my family and Dan’s family. We all headed to the GF convention center where the rehearsal was set to be in a salon. Because we couldn’t do an A.M. rehearsal we had to use the CC because Diane was in midst of a wedding but was able to sneak away. I have no pics of the rehearsal I am sorry but things were just so nuts!!!!!!! In a good way nuts- but everyone was talking and I finally met Diane in person and gave her a big ol’ hug. I just love that woman. Our wedding would not have been the same without her. We rehearsed and rev Jack had us cracking up the whole time while Diane whipped all those hung over ADD bridal party people into shape!

After the rehearsal we all chatted a bit and Diane got to know all the parental units. After that some people got on the monorail but a bunch of us walked over to the Ploy which was such a nice walk- hot- but nice.

We all congregated at the Tambu lounge where Leis where handed out and cocktails consumed until we could be seated……

1327.jpg

1328.jpg

1329.jpg

kerry11.jpg

We were seated fairly quickly and only a little past 5pm. The dinner was so much fun.i have to say even though O’hana is not fancy shmancy I wouldn’t have picked another place for my RD. It was laid back, good food, good drink and a ton of fun (to this day people still great me with shaka and O’Hana lol). With the wedding being more formal and the next day this was great way for the two families to just get to know each other! Before the food arrived we handed out the gifts which worked out very well.

kerry10.jpg

mommy033.jpg

mommy028.jpg

mommy036.jpg

They even had enough food for my vegetarian bridesmaid. There was a Hawaiian woman as the singer and she really picked on us. She had us lead the limbo line and kept announcing “The future Mr. and Mrs. Connolly” everyone got a kick out of it. She also did a dance which we started and all anniversary couples joined in. Kerry and Kyle were going to be celebrating their 5 year anniversary on the day of the wedding so they joined into!
1341.jpg

1352.jpg

We just had an awesome time…and we were stuffed, but we had a dessert party to attend with the rest of our guests!!! So we waited for the Disney buses which Dan and I had arranged to head over to EPCOT.

Up next- Fireworks, dessert and great friends….what could be better?

June 21, 2007

Chapter 5 cont’d:
“Fireworks, friends and dessert…what could be better? ”

After O’Hana we had a bout an hour to kill before the buses would show up to take us to EPCOT for the welcome party. I was worried at first but it worked out well because everyone was so stuffed and people wanted to check out the Poly and take pics. Finally the buses arrived and we all headed over to backstage at UK. For some reason I was so nervous. Actually I was more nervous on the day of the rehearsal then I was on the wedding day- go figure! Anyway as we got off the bus a whole bunch of Pooh characters were leaving. Of course my brother in law had to run after them and they were very nice lol!

348808957109_0_ALB.jpg

We walked over to French Upper…oh excuse me “Terrace du Fleurs” lol!
MD00056-22-07.jpg

I really didn’t get to eat anything except for one rice cripy treat and a shot or two of bailey’s
MD00426-22-07.jpg

We had the child in you menu and we added baklava,tiramisu and a cordial bar as well as bottles of water….
MD00196-22-07.jpg

MD00276-22-07.jpg

MD00286-22-07.jpg

MD00296-22-07.jpg

MD00536-22-07.jpg

MD00506-22-07.jpg

In the beginning it was so bright out…I was getting nervous because I could not recall ever seeing Illuminations while the sun was out but it was so bright. I forgot about it for a bit and mingled.

MD03046-22-07.jpg

MD00366-22-07.jpg

MD00456-22-07.jpg

MD00686-22-07.jpg

Then all of a sudden it started getting dark and that is when for me the mood changed. It started feeling more real; actually surreal.
MD00836-22-07.jpg

MD00876-22-07.jpg

MD00936-22-07.jpg

Apparently during this time my uncle (who walked me down the aisle) decided to have a talk with Dan. My father passed a way when I was in high school and I have been very close to my uncle since I can remember so I asked him to walk me down the aisle. He has known Dan for many years but I guess he felt he should give some words of encouragement and welcome him officially to the family. What is so cool is that I had no idea this went on until I saw the pics from Randy and Dan mentioned to me about the conversation…for personal reasons I just love these shots.

MD00946-22-07.jpg

MD00916-22-07.jpg

Just then the drums began and the Promise of a new beginning was closer than ever before….

"Good evening and welcome. We've gathered here tonight around the fire as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us ... to share the light ... and to share a story. An amazing story as old as time itself, but still being written. And though each of us has our own individual stories to tell, a true adventure emerges when we bring them all together as one. I hope you enjoy our story tonight: Reflections of Earth."

MD01806-22-07.jpg

MD01116-22-07.jpg

MD01836-22-07.jpg

Every evening
Brings an ending
Every day becomes a legacy

Every sunset
Leads to morning
With the promise of opportunity

We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

Promise You will take my hand
As tomorrow comes We'll go on

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Through the good times and the tears
Ever on
Another thousand circles 'round the sun
If two can be as one
We'll go on

There is music
If you listen
In the rhythm of each breath we take

MD01576-22-07.jpg

MD01266-22-07.jpg

Destinations
Undiscovered
Revelations from every choice we make

And I know
There are diamonds dancin' in the sky
All we have to do Is open our eyes

Promise
We'll walk side by side
As a new day dawns
We'll go on

MD02556-22-07.jpg

MD01576-22-07.jpg

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun

The two of us as one
We'll go on

MD01156-22-07.jpg

MD02256-22-07.jpg

Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
When two of us are one
And we live to keep the promise

We'll go on
Ever on
We'll go on

MD01146-22-07.jpg

MD01026-22-07.jpg

The whole time we just kept saying “baby can you believe it tomorrow is the day?” I was so happy and of course I was tearing like crazy during Illuminations. Randy actually had to ask me to tie up my hair because I kept wiping my tears and my hair was getting stuck to my face lol! It was just amazing…it flew by so fast and I had extended it to make it begin earlier! It was ok though because the next day I was getting married and tonight I was sleeping in the garden suite because earlier in the day Dan had checked us out of our room and into that one so I was very excited to see it! My dream was becoming a reality…………….

Aw you guys look like you had so much fun!

Your pictures made me tear a little... you guys look and are so very much in :love:

awwww I loved this. Those pictures are beautiful, they made me tear up a bit too!! I can't imagine how magical that was, watching Illuminations surrounded by all your loved ones, the night before your wedding! Truly magical. And you guys are such a beautiful couple! I can't wait to read all about the big day!

Ok - I am sitting here crying at work.

Love all your photos - especially the one of the partically open gates at the WP with you guys in the picture. And wow, what can I say about IllumiNations. I love the way you put the words in with the photos. IllumiNations is our absolute favorite and we are planning on a desert party after the wedding.

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more great photos.

Linda

Thank you so much helloirishkitty, Hillary12.8.07 and lpizzuro123.

It was such an amazing and memorable event. it is so unique and our guests were blown away. We had decided to do an evening ceremony and i was so bummmed i couldn't do the dp. We were just going to have everyone at OHana and leave it at that but I am so happy we spent the money on this...the memories are priceless!

I really love your wedding report....makes me feel like I am there. I have never been to a disney wedding...hopefully someday I can have our vows renewed there. You and your husband look very happy! Can't wait to read the rest.

I am really enjoying your reports.The first pic I saw of you I called my DH over to look at it cos I thought you look like Jennifer Aniston.
Your wedding pictures are gorgeous,everything looked perfect.I can't wait to read more.
Congratulations,wishing you many magical moments in your life together.

Mary,

Loving your trip report so far. You pictures are so beautiful. Randy did a fantastic job! Did you have to tell him what kind of shots you wanted? Or did you just let him do his thing?

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear more!

I just caught up on your TR. It is great!! I love it so far! The pictures are wonderful. You seem like you had a really great time. I can just feel your enthusiasm :) I cant wait to hear the rest! And congrats on your marriage!! :yay:

Thank you everyone! Sorry for the delay- life has gotten in the way;)

June 22, 2007

Chapter 6
“Getting Ready”

When the phone rang at 8am I was in a daze. I must have fallen back asleep for a few minutes because Dan came over to me and gave me the sweetest kiss. I opened my eyes and looked at him. For a moment we just looked at each other. I said “baby is today really our wedding day?” He replied “yes it is, I love you with all my heart”. Then he walked downstairs and headed out the door to my mom’s villa where the guys where getting ready. I quickly sprung out of bed and ran downstairs to look outside. It was beautiful! I knew the clouds could creep in any point but I was not going to let that ruin my moment. My bridesmaids were all arriving around 10:30 am but I had purposely woken up early to give myself some alone time. I didn’t want to have to rush…I wanted to taken in every moment of this day and not let it fade away like some beautiful dream.
MD00016-22-07.jpg

MD00026-22-07.jpg

MD00686-22-07-1.jpg

I remember thinking how I was so happy I decided to splurge and stay in The garden suite. It couldn’t have been more perfect. It was so beautiful and tranquil. The room was the perfect size and the staff was amazing.

At that moment I realized I felt strange…not sick- just odd. To this day I can’t really explain how I felt that morning. It was as if someone slipped a tranquilizer into my coffee. I was strangely calm. I enjoyed my time alone. I took a long hot shower, dried my hair and put my sweat suit on. I had ordered a large breakfast for everyone to arrive around 10:00- 10:30 from the Boardwalk room service so no one would be starving. The food arrived and they set it up for me. It was sooooo much food. It said each breakfast served 4 but it was more like 8 lol! I ordered 2! In the end it worked out alright because we had so many people in and out of the room (5 bridesmaids, my mom, my 2 aunts, my uncles, Dan’s mom etc). We are tight knit group and everyone wanted to make sure I was alright- and I was it was so awesome to feel so much love.That morning I realized how blessed I truly was.

We ate breakfast and toasted the occasion with mimosas. It was as if someone else was getting married. I was so sedate which is odd for me because I am a very upbeat person. I wasn’t even thinking at that point is this my wedding day? I was actually having a blast with my bridesmaids who are like my sisters. We ate, talked and listen to radio Disney. Finally the door bell rang around 11 am- it was Lisa Pena and her assistant. It was time to get ready!

1004-1.jpg

1005-1.jpg

1009.jpg

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

1013.jpg

1012.jpg

1014.jpg

1015-1.jpg

1021.jpg

1024.jpg

1026.jpg

1027.jpg

At some point Dan called his sister Kerry to check up on me and make sure I was ok!-How cute!
1031.jpg

1030.jpg

MD01186-22-07.jpg

1032-1.jpg

MD00476-22-07.jpg

1033-1.jpg

MD00546-22-07.jpg

MD00466-22-07.jpg

Everyone was getting their hair done and some where getting makeup so her and her assistant started on my bridesmaids. I sat back and just relaxed!
I just loved Lisa. I know some people have their difficulties with her but if I had to go back and do it again I would use her without a thought. EVERYONE looked beautiful. She is so cool and so sweet we just got along so well. Maybe it is the New York thing. Every time I would call her to confirm or whatever she would say “hey the girl from the 516 (my long Island area code)” and we would laugh. So considering all of my immediate family is from New York and she misses it so, and was leaving the next day to head to NYC we all bonded lol! At some point Carolyn Allens arrived to steam the dresses. Then Randy arrived and he and Lisa caught up. Within a few minutes Kathleen Kennedy showed up. Everyone was so cool and just joking around. I was messing around with randy and laughing. I really didn’t even notice the cameras!

Everyone got their hair done and some makeup- all the bridesmaids, my mom, Dan’s mom- and it was finally my turn! All I remember is a few people saying my name. Randy said something like honey it’s your turn for hair.

What????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter