Mary Poppins and Bert?

LucyDingo

DIS Veteran
Is this correct...

In warmer months, the park characters Mary Poppins and Bert wear their outfits from the scene in the movie when they are in the chalk drawing?

In cooler months, they wear the oufits from the chimney sweep song?

If so, I assume they'll be in the cooler months outfits in a couple weeks when I'm there. Will City Hall be able to tell me where/when to find them?

I'm not really into characters but I just love those outfits...haha.

I was just there last month and they were wearing the chalk drawing outfits. I don't think I've ever seen them in the chimney sweep outfits.

They are usually in or around Fantasy Land everytime I've seen them.

I know I saw them in the chimney outfits a few years ago. These...

(not my photo. found it on google.)

marypoppins.jpg

Maybe they don't wear them anymore?

The last time I saw Mary and Bert in their chimney sweep outfits was during the 50th Celebration (in early 2006, I believe).

When I went to the 50th celebration we found Mary Poppins in her Chimney outfit, and in october of 07 I saw Bert dressed in his Jolly Holiday costume and that was both in the cooler months of the year (end of oct & dec)... I think it just depends on where you see them and at what time during the day :) Kinda like Mickey Mouse, I have seen 3-4 different ones in a day within a few hours...

Mary Poppins & Bert are two of my favorites! I'm hoping this feb to see them together! :D

Currently, Mary and Bert have been seen only in their Jolly Holiday outfits year round.

That guy has Dick VanDyke's facial expression down. But I still like the other outfits more.

I miss this Bert. He used to do cartwheels using his chimney sweep. It was so fun to watch him in action.

bert.jpg

Yeah, I think they only come out in Jolly Holiday costumes now. I saw them in October and December in Jolly Holiday outfits.

I would love to see Mary dressed as a nanny and Bert as a chimney sweep, but I haven't seen them dressed like that in a long long time.

You know, I've never seen these guys in the park!

Are they usually around the Carousel in Fantasyland?

You know, I've never seen these guys in the park!

Are they usually around the Carousel in Fantasyland?

I usually see them on Main Street or right in front of the castle. Everyday (or just Saturday and Sunday?) they have a show with the Disneyland band in front of the castle. It’s really super cute. I’ve seen them in front of the fire station a couple of times too…

I've never seen them in their chimney sweep outfits. We just got back and they had on the Jolly Holiday outfits. :) We saw them at the end of Main Street near the partners statue. They hang out near the piano there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter