• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mary Tyler Moore has died

This makes me so sad. I was also very surprised that NBC broke into programming to talk about it.
There is a statue of her here in downtown Minneapolis. I bet it will be covered in flowers this evening.

Low Key, have to go all the way for this one....RIP MTM

Mary Tyler Moore Show Theme Lyrics

Love is All Around Lyrics by Paul Williams

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have the town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

A question for fans:
Are the MTM Show DVDs worth purchasing? I had heard they were the syndicated (edited) versions of the episodes. Can any fan confirm? Thanks!

So sad to hear earlier today about Mary Tyler Moore's death.:sad1: I've always been a huge fan of hers, and especially of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

I was in high school when her show first aired and I never missed an episode. I remember I wanted to BE Mary Richards! LOL! I wanted her apartment in Minneapolis, her Mustang (the white one and the convertible!) her job in the newsroom (and a boss like Lou Grant) and a friend like Rhoda, living above my apartment. I DID buy a hat just like the one she tosses in the air during the opening credits. And a coat like hers, too!:)

Just last week, I spent an evening watching episodes from the first season of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Sure brought back fun memories of watching the shows back in the seventies, and years later when I introduced the show to my kids. I've enjoyed her books and all the ones written about her. She had a long, successful career in show business and, for the most part, lead a good life.

Rest in peace, Mary. I toss my hat to you! You will be missed.

Was very sad to hear this. 3 strong women of my formative years all gone within 10 days of each other, after living long good lives (my grandmother at age 97, a prominent woman attorney in my area at age 95- did a lot for the benefit of women and children in our area and now MTM at age 80)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter