Mask Rules Changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy about this as we will be at WDW in 20 days! One thing I will miss about masks though, When you smile your eyes squint a little so I was pretty good at squinting my eyes while making a funny face behind my mask lol. No one ever caught on. They just "smiled" back :)

My apologies if this has been answered, I searched but haven't found anything. Does WDW require guests to provide proof of vaccination status at the parks or is it just on the honor system?

Yes, but that mandate is currently scheduled to end March 18th. Could it be extended again? Yup, and seems more likely it will be then it won't be. But, it's not that far away if it doesn't get extended.
I see that as an "unofficially permanent" thing. Which is unfortunate for me. I have a medical exemption from my doctor but I will still have to go through a long process ordeal to board transportation for the rest of my life because I can't wear one

Last edited:
I see that as an "unofficially permanent" thing. Which is unfortunate for me. I have a medical exemption from my doctor but I will still have to go through a long process ordeal to board transportation for the rest of my life because I can't wear one. Really seems unnecessary with us having the vaccine now but such is life I guess. As other countries leave this behind we will look more and more strange with continuing it
The federal public transportation is till March so maybe they won't renew it and you will not have to deal with it much longer. https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitMaskUp

I see that as an "unofficially permanent" thing. Which is unfortunate for me. I have a medical exemption from my doctor but I will still have to go through a long process ordeal to board transportation for the rest of my life because I can't wear one. Really seems unnecessary with us having the vaccine now but such is life I guess. As other countries leave this behind we will look more and more strange with continuing it

I fully expect it to drop, like everything else is starting to drop. I will be shocked if its extended. Planes already have good ventilation as is. Buses on Disney really doesn't end up any different then being jammed packed in those indoor lines shoulder to shoulder.

Thats where I'm at. I was hoping for the policy to still be in place for when we go but I think I'll just try to stick to more outdoor rides. It shouldn't be too bad there's still a ton of do
We found we were able to do a lot outdoors, in fact this was one of our reasons for vacationing at WDW. Disney's policy for outdoor masks has not changed. For those who choose to continue to wear a mask and are concerned about increasing risk indoors as a result of the new policy, one option is to upgrade to a surgical mask or N95. They are more available now than in the early stages of the pandemic.

I took a picture of my Vaccination Card and my husband's card, just in case we go other places in Orlando where it might be needed. I don't want to carry it around at the parks.

I’m a local.

Disney won’t ask.

It’s very rare for a place to ask to see it. The Straz Theatre in Tampa requires audience to be tested or show proof of vaccine.

Give kids the World asks volunteers to show proof.

Other than those, we haven’t encountered anyone asking to see proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter