Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

We went to Disney at the end of September beginning of October and it was such a nice mental break. We are so glad we took a chance and went. Your dh is such a sweetheart with the note.

A 21 night trip!! Wow, wow, wow.....those are serious Disney goals!
yup, there's a few factors involved. We also live in SW Ontario, Guelph to be exact, and the airfare costs the same regardless of how long we're gone, right?!? Hubby hates winter, like seriously HATES it, so he prefers long trips to escape. He works for himself and most of it can be done regardless of where he's sitting! WFH hasn't been a challenge for him , always works here and it seems the boss is willing to approve any holiday requests he submits 🤣
It usually surprises people when they hear how many days are actually spent in the parks though, last year (only good thing about 2020) we only had 7 day tickets. Main reason we go is because of my numerous food allergies, Disney world is the only place I can safely eat without cooking for myself. I have yet to find a single restaurant within driving distance that's able to feed me safely 🤦‍♀️

I love the pre-trip stuff! And I totally get the multiple hotel reservations, I do the same thing for trips where we are driving, partially due to not knowing when we will plan to stop at first, and partially because we will pick different types/features and then decide for sure a week or 2 beforehand which to keep.

I'd love to follow along!!

Love the title!!

My 20 year old son was just diagnosed with epilepsy in 2019. His 2nd seizure ever happened in the room while on vacation at DW. We are relatively new to the dx, but I have had to learn all that I can--- triggers, meds, etc. Currently (knock on wood!) He is 486 days seizure free and we are grateful for every single day, we have found a medication that seems to agree with him. I pray it continues. Disney is our happy place, everyone here at the Dis gets that. My son, who also has some developmental delays, looks forward to our trips every year, and we go every year, sometimes twice a year. That year in 2019, the day after his 2nd seizure, we went to Magic Kingdom, scary and terrifying, but probably the best thing we could've done.

Looking forward to reading more!
Dawn

Im here! Welcome back! I always enjoy your reports! Can't wait to hear how a Covid trip goes. We had to cancel our July trip. I was pregnant and just didnt feel safe. We have plans for Feb for a long weekend but I think we may cancel that too :( We bought DVC in May 2019 and have yet to use it!

I know it probably sounds mad but I love when you guys in the States take these long car journeys, because it's something I'd like to do myself, our roads and cars in the UK are so small.

So all the pictures inspire me, can't wait to see more and tag along with you guys.

Stay safe.

Doesn't sound mad at all! We road trip to Disney every time too. We're in Wisconsin, so it's about 18 hours one way for us, but we do it in 2 days. If you ever want to read about it, I have it in my reports. :)

i love all the pre trip stuff! It’s so exciting seeing everyone plan on going to the most magical place!

Following along. I normally read your reports but don't respond much but hopefully I'll be more vocal this time. Sounds like a great start so far.

I so enjoy your trip reports. If I am truthful, they are addicting! I had gotten back sacks from you a few years ago and took it this trip in December (forgot it on last years trip) and I got so many compliments on it. Can't wait for your next installment!

What part of LA yall from? My wife and I live an hour south of New Orleans(da bottom of da boot) lol
Great read so far. Were leaving on two days after mardi gras, so hopefully the airport isnt too busy

Enjoying the start of your trip. As of now we're driving for our May trip. DH wants to leave early Saturday morning and since we're a little closer than you we won't have as long a drive (we're in Baton Rouge). I would love to get him to agree to leaving Friday afternoon and staying the night along the way. We've only every broken up the drive once back in 2010 for our Mardi Gras trip. Thanks for the tips on different places to stop.

I am just now making it over here...so good to have this little bit of fun to break up my days here at work! :mickeyjum We won't be "doing Disney" again until our next cruise in March of 2022, so I am excited to get some small doses of Disney to hold onto until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter