Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

Well, I finally made it here. Guess I know what I am going to read tonight! Just saving my place in line. ;)

sorry about Oddball, I know that's a tough call. enjoy trip report, I have to ask, did you stay 15 days in the same plain hotel room??? I wouldn't have made it.

Four score and seven years ago there was a trip report being written.............

Thank you all for the kind words regarding the passing of our sweet boy, Oddball. We finally got up the nerve to take down his outdoor kennel and dispose of it. We knew that he was spoiled but we were reminded just how spoiled when we took the heat lamp out of his carpeted custom built house, the fan from the wall of his kennel, and the large roof over his deck. It's still rough looking down at his pretty spot in the yard but it's getting better.

I want to thank you all for sticking with me and thanks to the new readers! Heck, y'all may not be sticking with me but I hope that you do! Just like the rest of y'all, life and work has been busy and I haven't been able to bang out the updates like I did at the beginning of the report. However, that's about to change even if I have to stay up until midnight to get them posted. Let me get started on that promise right now!

This sucker is the size of my head!

We left Peter Plan's Flight and made a quick bathroom stop. We wanted a snack but weren't sure what we wanted. On our way around Fantasyland and in search of a snack, we spotted a character out greeting guests from a distance.

IMG_7399.JPEG

Snow White! She was so cute with her poses.

IMG_7400.JPEG

There were some clouds rolling in and it started to get a steamy out.
IMG_7401.JPEG

We then remembered a favorite snack, turned around and went to our left. Where were we headed? To Gaston's Tavern, of course!

Luckily, there was virtually no line and we only waited a few minutes before we placed our order for two cinnamon rolls and a LeFou's Brew to share as well. Our luck with the line didn't roll over to being lucky enough to find a table inside. Every table that was open due to physical distancing was taken so we took our treats outside and found a table.

Y'all, these suckers are the size of my head and could easily be shared. Dumb me forgot that and couldn't eat it all.

IMG_7402.JPEG

I normally like LeFou's Brew but this one was super tart and that's saying something coming from someone who can eat raw lemons and limes like there's no tomorrow.

IMG_7403.JPEG

The air was getting thick and it was getting pretty darn warm. We took our sweet time eating our cinnamon rolls because it meant that we could keep our masks off.

IMG_7404.JPEG

While eating, I checked the app and saw that the lines for other Fantasyland attractions were fairly short and we decided to pay a visit to our favorite octopus.

**Up next: Where are you? Where are you?

Attachments

• IMG_7406.JPEG
    IMG_7406.JPEG
    100.4 KB · Views: 9
Where are you? Where are you?

I can't believe that I am saying this but we tossed out about a third of the brew. It had melted and was even more tart. It pained me to do it but I did. Once that was done, we strapped on our masks and off we went. The was a red head and slightly overweight octopus to see.

Many would think that I am a crazy woman for taking a picture of a garbage can. I wanted to show that the garbage cans were open so that you didn't have to touch them when you put your trash in. Personally, I would like to see this all the time. It's gross when the flappy thing got food on it and then slapped back on you hand. YUCK!

IMG_7406.JPEG

We hopped in line for Under the Sea with Ariel:

IMG_7407.JPEG

IMG_7408.JPEG

IMG_7409.JPEG

Due to the physical distancing, Disney had, at the time, stopped the majority of the pre-shows and little things that would typically make guests slow down and/or stop in lines. I knew that but I was still kinda surprised that there was no Skuttle talking to us as we passed. Where are you? Where are you? Skuttle?

In no time at all, we were at the front of the line and about to board our clamshell.
IMG_7410.JPEG

IMG_7411.JPEG

I took very few pictures while on the attraction. Not that it matters since I was sucking big time on taking pictures on dark attractions. There's Skuttle! He was hiding inside the entire time!

IMG_7412.JPEG

Here we go! We are going under the sea!

IMG_7415.JPEG

Hum, I said that I took very few pictures but I didn't realize just how few. That's all of them. You'll just have to imagine that we saw Ariel and Ursula.

**Up Next: Let's soar over the Magic Kingdom like we are little kids!

Let's soar over the Magic Kingdom like we are little kids!

We left Under the Sea with Ariel and walked toward Storybook land. One of the things that I really enjoy about long trips is the fact that we can skip attractions and go back to them later in the trip. We also have a more laid-back approach to park touring.

I had hoped that the store/tent in Storybook land would be open but it wasn't. Not that I could have eaten a bite of any treat after having just eaten the ginormous cinnamon roll.

The line for Dumbo was super short so we figured why not? Let's soar over the Magic Kingdom like we were little kids! We got in the line and wound all the way to the front. There were about a dozen other guests in front of us and a cycle was just ending so in no time at all, we were boarding our Dumbo.

IMG_7416.JPEG

IMG_7417.JPEG

We were instructed to leave an empty elephant between us and the next elephant.
IMG_7418.JPEG

IMG_7420.JPEG

Darn John, he had our elephant as high as it would go. He knows that I'm afraid of heights.
IMG_7422.JPEG

IMG_7423.JPEG

And then we were done. Some people might have skipped Dumbo if it were only adults but not us. We have to try and do it all.

**Up next: Strike a pose!

I totally agree with you about the trash cans. I mean, I understand they have them closed due to potential smells, but I hate having to push on them!

I love those cinnamon rolls, but they are huge!

We love long WDW trips for the same reason as you, so we don't have to skip the "smaller" or more kid-focused rides!

Strike a pose!

Thinking that we should take a break, John and I started walking towards the front of the park. You'll remember that we had arrived the early evening before after having driven for 800+ miles. John's epilepsy symptoms can get worse if he gets too stressed or too tired. It would be nice to go back to the resort and let John rest a while.

A few years ago, John was waiting for some of us to come out of Stitch's Great Escape and we found him leaning against one of the posts in Tomorrowland. I snapped a picture of him and it's been my phone wallpaper ever since. On the way out of the park, I had John stop and strike the same pose as my phone wallpaper.

IMG_7424.JPEG

When we got to the train station, it was character palooza! There were soooo many characters waving at the guests. I took just one picture and then went live on Facebook.

IMG_7425.JPEG

We ambled along until we got to the bus station and found the stop for Caribbean Beach Resort.

IMG_7426.JPEG

I'm looking at the time stamps on the above picture (2:16) and the picture below (2:53). The total time from walking from the picture point above, to the bus stop, the ride to Caribbean Beach, and the walk from the Jamaica bus stop to our building was 37 minutes. I don't think that's bad at all.

When we arrived at our building and rounded the corner, we saw a rollaway bed for babies/toddlers. I took pictures because I sometimes have people who want to request one and I didn't know what they looked like.

IMG_7427.JPEG

IMG_7428.JPEG

Before entering the room, I also took a quick picture of the window decorations. You still can't tell what they looked like since there's a reflection the window. Oh well, at least I tried.

IMG_7429.JPEG

John laid down on the bed and was asleep in no time at all. I am not usually a napper especially while on vacation but I had stayed up late several nights in a row before we left. I couldn't stop my eyes from closing when I put my head on the pillow.

**Up Next: Is that an orange booger? I made a mess!

I totally agree with you about the trash cans. I mean, I understand they have them closed due to potential smells, but I hate having to push on them!

Yeah, I get the reason why they are closed...smells, bugs, etc. but I liked having them open.

I love those cinnamon rolls, but they are huge!

I don't know why in the world we thought we needed two. They are humongous!

We love long WDW trips for the same reason as you, so we don't have to skip the "smaller" or more kid-focused rides!

Yep!

Is that an orange booger? I made a mess!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the most graceful person and I have a few mishaps, usually stupid ones. I took my quick 30 minute nap, woke up and started digging around in the large bag of snacks that I bring with us. I found some multi-grain crackers and squirty cheese in a can. You know the kind that I am talking about. The kind that squirts and you can't travel without. Crackers and squirty cheese sounded good. I took the top off and there was a hard piece in the nozzle thing and while I was trying to pull it out, out comes the cheese and down the wall it went.

IMG_7430.JPEG

Of course, I immediately started laughing and pulled out the camera to document just how much of a goof I am. I could have left it undocumented and you would have never known. But what kind of trip report writer would I be if I didn't include it? Is that an orange booger? I made a mess!

I cleaned the cheese off the wall and dresser and it was as good as new. I ate a few crackers and then sat back on the bed and watched a few cycles of Disney TV. I also dozed on and off.

Later, I woke John up so that we could go back to the Magic Kingdom. We freshened up a bit and were off again. This time, we decided to walk over to Old Port Royale and catch the bus from there. It was a beautiful evening and the walk was lovely. I took zero pictures until we got to Old Port Royale. We just enjoyed being together and at our favorite resort on property. We walked through Centertown and out to the front of Old Port Royale and towards the bus stop. The Christmas decorations at Caribbean Beach are bright and colorful and fit right into the "theme" of the resort.

IMG_7431.JPEG

When exiting the main entrance to Old Port Royale, I looked to my right and saw Bell Services.

IMG_7432.JPEG

More Christmas decor on the lamp posts.

IMG_7433.JPEG

IMG_7434.JPEG

The Disney transportation signs in the bus stop. As you can see, it was 5:25 p.m.

IMG_7435.JPEG

and we were the only people in the Magic Kingdom / Internal Shuttle stop. Notice the physical distancing markers on the ground.

IMG_7436.JPEG

IMG_7437.JPEG

Continued in next post

Is that an orange booger? I made a mess! continued

As was reflected in the sign/clock in the bus stop, it was 5:25 p.m. when we reached the stop. This next picture was taken at 5:36 p.m. and we are sitting on the bus, all alone. Just the two of us and the bus driver. A few people got on at the Aruba stop and the bus driver assigned them seats. Once that was done, we exited the resort and were on our way back to the Magic Kingdom.

I took pictures of the dividers on the bus and the straps that were tied up and secure on the overhead bars. They were not allowing anyone to stand on the buses.

IMG_7438.JPEG

IMG_7439.JPEG

IMG_7440.JPEG

IMG_7441.JPEG

**Up Next: 20 something trips to Walt Disney World and we've never done this before? What are we? Nuts?

Last edited:
So nice to finally get a catch-up! I have to say that my very first selfie was taken on Dumbo and I've never traveled with kids. (And I was riding alone as dh doesn't go round and round or up and down.)

Well Hi There!

still locked out of facebook but made a second account just to "see" people

Of course, I immediately started laughing and pulled out the camera to document just how much of a goof I am.

This right here had me laughing entirely too hard. So funny.

I am so sorry to hear about oddball. My heart goes out to you all.

I have to go back and re-read.

You need to come to my report!

Some people might have skipped Dumbo if it were only adults but not us.
I see no problem with going on Dumbo as an adult although I'm not sure if i woyuld wait in the que for it though. Whn I went on it dureing my last trip it was during extra magic mornig hour and was walk on

Chicago Mo said:
Well Hi There!

still locked out of facebook but made a second account just to "see" people

Mo Mo Mo Mo, what did you do to get kicked off Facebook?

This right here had me laughing entirely too hard. So funny.

I could have just quietly wiped it off and never mentioned it but then what fun would that be?

I am so sorry to hear about oddball. My heart goes out to you all.

Thank you, he was a good old dog.

I have to go back and re-read.

You need to come to my report!

I see no problem with going on Dumbo as an adult although I'm not sure if i woyuld wait in the que for it though. Whn I went on it dureing my last trip it was during extra magic mornig hour and was walk on
Oh yeah, if the wait time is short for Dumbo, it's a must!

Mo Mo Mo Mo, what did you do to get kicked off Facebook?

who ME? :littleangel:

actually nothing i was hacked and i cannot get back in for NOTHING
I just want my pictures and friends list back.
I can make new groups and stuff.. I am so angry about it.

I could have just quietly wiped it off and never mentioned it but then what fun would that be?

No fun.. It needs to be documented!

Wonderful updates!!

I will miss those physical distancing markers on our trip... I do not mind the extra space AT ALL! :rotfl: We are getting really excited about our trip though, just a few more weeks until we fly!

IMG_7404.JPEG

This is a great picture of John! Nice lighting!

and there was a hard piece in the nozzle thing and while I was trying to pull it out, out comes the cheese and down the wall it went.

IMG_7430.JPEG

I nearly spit my coffee out!!!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter