Masks back at DL starting July 30

TinkerTay

... A Pirate’s Life for Me
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/face-masks-required-indoors-at-disney-world-disneyland-due-to-rising-covid/

Face Masks Required Indoors at Disney World & Disneyland Due to Rising COVID Infections

88511c3ea73baf7e5a5253f4534a6a11
By Jackie Gailey - Senior Editor

www.wdwinfo.com
Posted on July 29, 2021
wdw-dlr-face-masks-required-july-21.jpg

ShareTweetSubscribe

Beginning July 30th, Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts will require all guests to wear face coverings – regardless of vaccination status – when indoors.
Below is the official statement.
We are adapting our health and safety guidelines based on guidance from health and government officials, and will require Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, July 30, regardless of vaccination status. At Walt Disney World Resort, this includes upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner.

Edited with link to WDWINFO.COM site article​

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a friend send this to me as well. Here's to hoping it won't last long this time and the parks don't close.

I had a friend send this to me as well. Here's to hoping it won't last long this time and the parks don't close.

I sure hope so… I was so excited for our Sept. trip, and now I’m not too thrilled about that part. At least it’s just indoors, but still…

Or this news article from the DIS:

Face Masks Required Indoors at Disney World & Disneyland Due to Rising COVID Infections

From the article, this is the official statement from Disney:

"We are adapting our health and safety guidelines based on guidance from health and government officials, and will require Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, July 30, regardless of vaccination status. At Walt Disney World Resort, this includes upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner."

I sure hope so… I was so excited for our Sept. trip, and now I’m not too thrilled about that part. At least it’s just indoors, but still…
The possibility of shut downs is one of the reasons we are choosing to drive instead of flying. It's a waiting game now I guess as to whether things get worse again or not. :(

I'm trying to look at the upswing. WDW halloween parties start in August, so it should be fun to see how people incorporate it into their costumes! There are some crazy creative people who dress up for the parties, and the social media pics are always great!

Hi can anyone clarify something for me. It says that you have to have a mask when entering any and all attractions. Does this mean you have to have it on even in lines for outdoor rides like Autopia?

I won't get onto the subject of whether this is the right move, but I am sad to lose my ability to communicate with cast members at registers or my family in some lines. I have difficult time with my hearing, and Disney shops and some lines are particularly loud and difficult when I can't see mouths. Genuinely bummed after a great trip without masks only a few weeks ago and several trips scheduled this year. I hope this wave subsides quickly like everywhere else it has hit.

Okay, my dumb question...
The masks must "be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material".
Now I've forgotten a lot of the mask details I learned last year. I know there are sites that will get into details of the layers of each kind & I guess I'll be wading though the details again soon, but when I pull out a KN94, aside from one side being black and the other side white, it doesn't really look like 2 layers.
Do these satisfy Disney's rule? I'd rather wear it than than just a 2 layer cotton mask. Well, maybe. Some of those 2 layer cotton masks are cute ... but the KN94 should do a better job.

I'm trying to look at the upswing. WDW halloween parties start in August, so it should be fun to see how people incorporate it into their costumes! There are some crazy creative people who dress up for the parties, and the social media pics are always great!

Yes! I had a trip planned for October 2020 and almost went. I bought a facemask with a crocodile mouth design, and I was going to be the Peter Pan tick tock croc. Cases started rising in the summer, so I canceled the trip, but I bet a lot of people had clever ideas!

Okay, my dumb question...
The masks must "be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material".
Now I've forgotten a lot of the mask details I learned last year. I know there are sites that will get into details of the layers of each kind & I guess I'll be wading though the details again soon, but when I pull out a KN94, aside from one side being black and the other side white, it doesn't really look like 2 layers.
Do these satisfy Disney's rule? I'd rather wear it than than just a 2 layer cotton mask. Well, maybe. Some of those 2 layer cotton masks are cute ... but the KN94 should do a better job.
Those are fine. 😊

I won't get onto the subject of whether this is the right move, but I am sad to lose my ability to communicate with cast members at registers or my family in some lines. I have difficult time with my hearing, and Disney shops and some lines are particularly loud and difficult when I can't see mouths. Genuinely bummed after a great trip without masks only a few weeks ago and several trips scheduled this year. I hope this wave subsides quickly like everywhere else it has hit.
They allow guests and CMs to pull down the mask while actively communicating with those that are hard of hearing.

They allow guests and CMs to pull down the mask while actively communicating with those that are hard of hearing.

Where did you find that information? I haven't read it in any policy in the past.

In any case, I can't imagine cast members would know I am hard of hearing if they see my family pulling down masks to have a conversation in line. And I am not sure I would feel comfortable asking a cast member to pull down her mask to accommodate me.

Wishing4pa….if I understsnd your question correctly you are asking if a KN94 mask is acceptable to wear at Disneyland? Yes, a KN94 mask would offer slightly higher protection than a double sided cloth mask.
Yes, and actually I meant KF94, but either way, that's good to hear. I ordered a few more of those disposables. We also have cloth masks, so between the new ones and the cloth ones, we should manage. I feel a bit better with the KF94 though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter