• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Masks in Senses fitness center

Wishdad

Earning My Ears
Cruising on the Dream March 7th. Are masks required when using Senses fitness center?

They were enforcing masking there when my husband used it the first week in January, but I have read that it's sometimes not enforced.

Cruising on the Dream March 7th. Are masks required when using Senses fitness center?
On the fantasy they were required last month. Originally, it was not enforced but that changed during the same time as masks being required for indoor photos.

Of course you can work out in a mask. It's far from ideal but it doesn't actually reduce your oxygen intake. As pointed, out Olympians did it. Many high school athletic programs have been requiring masks in competition.

But I certainly hope we are getting close to the point where these will no longer be required onboard. For me, it's not a vacation if I have to wear a mask much of the time.

If it's easy for you to work out in a mask, then you're not working out hard enough.
As a fitness instructor who taught multiple classes a week during a mask mandate, I can tell you this is not true. I worked out with exactly the same level of excursion, heart rate, etc. as before. Was it fun? Nope. Did I survive? Yeppers. The right athletic mask can make a big difference. It's really not that big of a deal. Mostly it's just hot, but oxygen levels stay the same. I'm on several groups of fitness instructors online and lots of people were testing oxygen saturation and heart rate and all kinds of stuff wearing masks and everything was perfectly normal.

On the fantasy they were required last month. Originally, it was not enforced but that changed during the same time as masks being required for indoor photos.
We were very disappointed by this change for indoor photos. We had brought formal clothes just for the purpose of getting our anniversary photo by the Donald Duck statue on the Dream. February 14 sailing. Instead we got a cast member to take our photo (They said they weren't supposed to) in one of the alcoves outside where there are doors accessing the aft lounges.

We were very disappointed by this change for indoor photos. We had brought formal clothes just for the purpose of getting our anniversary photo by the Donald Duck statue on the Dream. February 14 sailing. Instead we got a cast member to take our photo (They said they weren't supposed to) in one of the alcoves outside where there are doors accessing the aft lounges.
Just the nature of cruising in a pandemic I am afraid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter