Masks outdoors in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoryBeth77

Earning My Ears
This is a question for those that are at Disney now or have been to Disney since they relaxed the face mask policy outdoors. If the line for a ride extends outdoors past the main entrance to the ride are you expected to wear the masks there also? Im not looking for opinions on how anyone feels about the mask policy or any debates on the policy itself. I’m just hoping for a simple answer to this question. Thanks so much :)

You can leave your mask off in the extended outside queue. Once you reach the “actual” entrance to the queue, like where you would scan your band for fast pass, that is where you mask up. They are just starting to put out signs to help clarify where and when
Thank you so much!

This is a question for those that are at Disney now or have been to Disney since they relaxed the face mask policy outdoors. If the line for a ride extends outdoors past the main entrance to the ride are you expected to wear the masks there also? Im not looking for opinions on how anyone feels about the mask policy or any debates on the policy itself. I’m just hoping for a simple answer to this question. Thanks so much :)

Depends on the ride. Just got back from 8 days there and most queues are maskless until you get to the main sign with the wait times on it. Cast members are posted where you need to put your mask on and they do not let you pass by them until you have it on. The queues you had to put the mask on early were few and far between and the only one I recall off the top of my head was Tower of Terror. They made us put masks on down by the exit of the ride and checked again at the wait time sign. Regardless, they will tell you when to put your mask on and they did keep checking as you moved along. Same goes for the shops and eateries where they check constantly and don't let you in without a mask.

We found that cast some cast members would want the masks on farther away from the entrance. If it helps their comfort level that's fine. It was expected n bus lines too.

Thank you so much for the information. We leave next Tuesday and I was wondering the same thing.

As for transportation lines; we did not experience anyone (or signs) telling guests to have masks on in transportation lines, hence most people did not. Actually getting on the bus, monorail, skyliner, boat itself? Yes, they would remind you to put it on.

ETA; they had NOT changed the signage yet when we were there, so the transportation lines may have changed, but were mask-free when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter