Masks returning to DLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
Lots of news today about mask mandates returning for indoor spaces in California. Will Disney follow suit? I would be more than happy to wear a mask indoors. I always pick up at least a cold there on our Disney trips.

I'm sorry if this topic is not allowed. Just planning for our trip.

So far it is LA County and some schools/colleges. I don't see any indication that it will be statewide, and I suspect Disney will only go back to it if required by law. I think that is unlikely statewide or in Orange County, but not impossible.

Last edited:
So far it is LA County and some schools/colleges. I don't see any indication that it will be statewide, and I suspect Disney will only go back to it if required by law. I think that is unlikely statewide or in Orange County, but not impossible.
Ah, I see. I didn't know. I just figured Anaheim did what LA does.

LA has taken more strict measures several times without Orange Country following. It's no guarantee it won't, but I think it would take more than what they are seeing right now.

I would highly recommend wearing one if you are concerned. Husband caught it 3rd week of June at DLR. We didn’t mask, and he’s vaxed and 1 booster. It’s fairly rampant around a lot of cities now.

No, LA County and Orange County have had some differing policies. When I was tehre at the end of last year, LA County was requiring masks even outdoors, so this was enforced a tUniversal, but at Disneyland, only indoor mask use was required because it is in Orange County.

I doubt Disneyland will start requiring them again unless directed to by Orange County.

We wore them the whole time we were there in June, inside and out except when eating. It's been over 2 weeks since we came home and no covid symptoms. We only saw a handful of other people wearing masks at the park over the course of our 6 day trip.

COVID is so contagious right now. More people that I know have gotten it within the last month than all of the last 2 years combined.

It almost seems worse now than it did in 2020, which I'm guessing is contributed to no one wearing masks anymore. Not a big deal if they require them again.

COVID is so contagious right now. More people that I know have gotten it within the last month than all of the last 2 years combined.

It almost seems worse now than it did in 2020, which I'm guessing is contributed to no one wearing masks anymore. Not a big deal if they require them again.
Wearing a mask, even outdoors, in crowded places is a prudent decision right now. I caught it just about 3 weeks ago, likely at Disneyland, after having avoided it this whole time, and with close to 40 maskless park visits since they dropped the requirement.

I don't think Disney will start requiring them again for guests, although I wouldn't be surprised if they do so for cast, especially if large numbers of CMs fall ill and it impacts park operations.

I will wear mine during the parade and fireworks. Can't hurt. Maybe even walking around. We've been looking forward to this trip for so long now. I don't want to cancel, so I will just be extra cautious.
We have our do over trip in 2 weeks and we are staying away from the parks between now and then. My positive test messed up our 4th of July vacation and I don't want anything messing up our attempt to redo that vacation. I can't put my kids through that again.

And while we are there, we will be wearing masks unless we are eating. Things are out of control right now with this super contagious variant. I know MY chances of getting it again are slim, as I'm pretty sure I had the latest variant, based on my symptoms, but my kids and husband are susceptible since they didn't catch it from me when I had it 2 weeks ago. My kids have still not had it at all. My husband had Delta last summer.

As others said, due to the particulars of Orange County politics, OC is not going to have a mask mandate unless it comes down from the state.

That being said... I'm amazed we didn't get COVID at Disneyland last month. (I know we didn't because we did several PCR tests).

I did hear that San Diego schools are also going to require masks indoors, so it's not just L.A. That being said, I can't see Orange County (where Anaheim is) falling in line. They have similar politics to the county I live in and unless there's a state mandate, I doubt it'll change anything.

If you're worried, definitely mask up. I am surprised my family didn't get it again at the end of last month when we were there. I feel like everywhere I go lately is a giant germ cesspool. Coughing everywhere. And you just never know.

Maybe the crowds will be lighter end of August/ beginning of September. Less people, less risk. Just me wishful thinking. :)
Don't count on it. All those passholders who were blocked out all summer AND people trying to see MSEP before it goes away will make crowds crazy. Be prepared.

Don't count on it. All those passholders who were blocked out all summer AND people trying to see MSEP before it goes away will make crowds crazy. Be prepared.
Ugh! When I read that the parade was ending my first response was NOOOOOOO! Lol. I knew it would impact crowds. I think I must be the worst at timing for crowds. We always seem to get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter