Masks!!! Which ones to avoid and which ones to buy!

Chrissyb8885

Mouseketeer
We leave in a couple weeks for disney and I was hoping to get some mask recommendations from those that have been. Which ones did you like the best and which ones did you hate? (Kids and Adult)

Thank you!

My strong preference is the blue disposable medical ones. Went through around 5 a day and always had extras in a ziplock bag at the ready. I liked being able to grab a fresh one whenever needed or if I felt I had been handling the current one too much. I also felt the cloth ones were too hot/warm for me

Kids used cloth ones we had custom fitted/sewn ourselves. That’s the only way we could get DD5 to wear one, anything else was just too big, didn’t wrap around her little ears well, etc

YMMV!

We leave in a couple weeks for disney and I was hoping to get some mask recommendations from those that have been. Which ones did you like the best and which ones did you hate? (Kids and Adult)

Thank you!
Athleta masks worked best for us on our July trip. Tried target and disposable, but all of us felt the Athleta masks were the most comfortable.

I got these and they are comfortable. I haven’t worn it out in the heat yet.https://www.hanes.com/p6hosm.html
We actually wore those ones on our trip a few weeks ago. I had to alter them by cutting the inside layer because they were way too thick as is for the July Florida heat. I didn't think they were good quality either. The masks that we received looked far inferior to the masks depicted on the website. The cheap disposable medical masks are a better option in my opinion.

My husband and I were there at the end of July. We tried the disposable masks and some other cute Disney masks a friend made but in the end, these masks from Jaanuu won. They are soft, stayed put, didn't hurt our ears and were the most "breathable" while still fitting properly. They make adult and kids sizes. I haven't tried the other brands mentioned above so I can't say they are better than the others but my fidgety husband found these worked best for him.

https://www.jaanuu.com/face-masks?color=royal-blue&size=adult

The disney ones are really hot.
I second the Hanes ones... I bought mine at walmart. They come in white and black

My wife loved the disposable masks and I used the under armor running mask. The under armor is one of the few that didn’t kill my ears after an hour

I bought 2 on etsy that are breathable, thin and does not fog my glasses. It has adjustable ear loops but not like any that you have seen before. The ear loop is a sliding string that can be as long as you need it to be. The string is 18inches long and you thread it into a smaller loop that you see on the bottom part of the mask to adjust it however long you need it to be. The string that adjust the ear loop is long enough that can also be tired behind the neck that way if you need to remove the mask to take a drink it will hang loosely around your neck. Or if you are eating you can turn it so the mask in on the backside of your neck so you dont drop food on the mask and you dont have to take it off and lay it on a table to eat. No telling how clean that tabletop is that you just laid your mask on. I have seen so many people doing reports of their stays at WDW and time and time again I see them putting their mask on the table with the side that goes against their face touching the tabletop. My husband loved how this mask fits too because it does not squash his nose. He is able to adjust how loose it needs to be across his nose. We have had a few days in the 90's here and it is comfortable to wear outside at Cedar Point amusement park. You can see on the mask where the string for the ear loop is threaded through another loop so you can adjust the length and how the extra length of string goes behind the head to be tied together with the string on the other side of the mask. its made by
ladybirdsewshernest 518498

Last edited:
My strong preference is the blue disposable medical ones. Went through around 5 a day and always had extras in a ziplock bag at the ready. I liked being able to grab a fresh one whenever needed or if I felt I had been handling the current one too much. I also felt the cloth ones were too hot/warm for me

Kids used cloth ones we had custom fitted/sewn ourselves. That’s the only way we could get DD5 to wear one, anything else was just too big, didn’t wrap around her little ears well, etc

YMMV!

I have been hearing that most loved the blue medical masks. I wore the generic masks from target, and found them soft and cool with plenty of face coverage. They were my favorite.

We find the masks we've ordered from shopDisney to be very comfortable! We have a bunch of Pixar and Star Wars ones. While our faces do get warm, they aren't as itchy as masks made from other materials. They fit snug, and sometimes pull at the backs of the ears (depending on your face/head size). However, the elastic part can be stretched out slightly. Also, they can be washed easily!

There's no telling how comfortable/tolerant you'll be in your masks ahead of time, so maybe bring a few choices with you. DH and I were at the zoo yesterday and the day started out cool and ended up hot. By the end we were both not so happy with our mask choices--I was wearing a Disney Pixar mask and he was wearing a blue surgical-style mask. We were both relieved to get home and take them off!

Just realize ahead of time that wearing a mask for many continuous hours and in the heat is a far different experience from wearing one for a half-hour trip around the grocery store, for example. But I will say it's well worth it to get a chance to be at WDW. Have a great time!

We've been wearing the Airism masks from Uniqlo and loving them.

Easy on the ears, light, breathable, etc. etc. I run super hot, and this is the closest to all day tolerable I've gotten.
Do they sell these in-store there at Disney Springs? We leave in a few weeks and I worry they wouldn't arrive in time. :)

We've been wearing the Airism masks from Uniqlo and loving them.

Easy on the ears, light, breathable, etc. etc. I run super hot, and this is the closest to all day tolerable I've gotten.

I STRONGLY agree with this - I've bought maybe a half-dozen different kinds in the hunt for something I can breathe, won't move while I talk, doesn't completely block sound, doesn't irritate my face, and doesn't trigger my fairly severe claustrophobia. I'm an attorney in an area of the country that doesn't take this very seriously, so mask enforcement in the courtroom has been pretty lax and we are definitely not remote so a good mask is a must. I've tried disposable, child-sized disposable (small face), Old Navy, the Gap, Athleta, Atoms, American Eagle, and, of course, homemade ones from my mom. The AIRism from Uniqlo is the goldilocks of the bunch - athletic fabric feels soft on your skin, triple layer feels safe, I can speak and be heard clearly, and even when getting very sweaty on a hot, humid day in the south, I could still breathe just fine.
also 3 for $15 is only slightly more expensive than the target/old navy type for a much higher quality.
My order took maybe a week to get here, but I think you can pay more for faster shipping.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/airism-face-mask-pack-of-3-437784.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter