Masks?

I still wear a mask not only because of Covid but it’s been nice I haven’t had a cold since 2019. On my recent four night cruise, a few people wore masks including myself when in the theater or on the elevators. I always wear a mask in the airports and on the planes. People coughing around me makes me nervous. Otherwise I feel comfortable not wearing a mask outside.

I don't really care what anyone else does for themselves or thinks of what we are doing. We just do what feels right for our health. I just got done with cancer treatment and my husband is slightly immune compromised so we aren't exactly poster children for the best immune systems on the planet. That said, we also want to live our lives and so we use our masks in situations where we are at greater risk of illness, not just from Covid, but flu and cold as well. Honestly, I still mask a lot and not being sick as much as I used to be has been pretty nice!
Thats exactly how I feel! I have several of the risk factors for being at risk of severe covid, as well as having an open heart surgery past and an ongoing genetic heart issue. My goal is to protect myself, but I want to live my life. So for that reason, I plan on masking up at the airport and on the plane, and in crowded areas of the ship.

We've cruised several times recently (DCL and several others). We wear masks whenever we are around crowds - boarding, in lines, theatre. We were not the only ones but were in minority. Do what you feel is safe for you.

This is us too.

We are similar - definitely airports and waiting to board. In the bus on an excursion. I kind of plan to use them in airports and on planes from now on. We've had vacations impacted by illness. It's not fun to look forward to something for a year or more, take time off work, spend thousands of dollars, and then have a miserable cold. I know it's not a sure thing, but it helps.

On our cruise in April, there were a handful of cast members wearing masks onboard, and then suddenly about halfway through, they all had them. Apparently if illness starts showing up among guests, they will have the crew all use them to try and keep their staff healthy. We should have taken our cue from this and started wearing ours more, because we brought home a case of strep throat and 3 covid cases (after having avoided it all this time). There were a lot of guests coughing, some not even to bother covering their mouths.

We will be wearing masks on our cruise later this year. We have family that are risk of serious complications if they get Covid. We wear masks everywhere already and we will be using them more often than not on the cruise as well. Certainly where you're surrounded by people (boarding, disembarking, theatres, cinema, deck parties) for extended periods of time.

We are similar - definitely airports and waiting to board. In the bus on an excursion. I kind of plan to use them in airports and on planes from now on. We've had vacations impacted by illness. It's not fun to look forward to something for a year or more, take time off work, spend thousands of dollars, and then have a miserable cold. I know it's not a sure thing, but it helps.

On our cruise in April, there were a handful of cast members wearing masks onboard, and then suddenly about halfway through, they all had them. Apparently if illness starts showing up among guests, they will have the crew all use them to try and keep their staff healthy. We should have taken our cue from this and started wearing ours more, because we brought home a case of strep throat and 3 covid cases (after having avoided it all this time). There were a lot of guests coughing, some not even to bother covering their mouths.
This tip about the crew is super useful to know, thanks for sharing!

I’m still debating whether I feel comfortable cruising again as I’m immune-compromised. Thinking I might opt for a quieter sailing such as a repositioning where I can hopefully at least get a private table for the occasions masking isn’t possible.

I know masks aren’t required anymore, but just curious from those that have cruised in the last few months if they’re seeing anyone wearing masks on-board? Either cast members or guests? Just curious. Seen a few other pictures from smaller boutique lines wear the crew are still wearing masks…
I was on the 7-night Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego at the end of April. We saw a few masks (guests and CMs) throughout the week, but not many.

On my cruises on the Wish in April people had masks my dad and I included. We got Covid, but honestly probably could have worn it more and been safer, I don’t regret it though. Can’t wait to cruise again.

I will say I should and am wearing a mask in nj now and won’t be surprised if others are with air pollution from Canada

On my cruises on the Wish in April people had masks my dad and I included. We got Covid, but honestly probably could have worn it more and been safer, I don’t regret it though. Can’t wait to cruise again.

I will say I should and am wearing a mask in nj now and won’t be surprised if others are with air pollution from Canada
Same here in New York. It feels a bit strange taking out my masks again, but until the winds change here, I wear my mask. I still wear them on the ship where it is crowded (theatre, going into the dining rooms etc).

I know masks aren’t required anymore, but just curious from those that have cruised in the last few months if they’re seeing anyone wearing masks on-board? Either cast members or guests? Just curious. Seen a few other pictures from smaller boutique lines wear the crew are still wearing masks…
I've got a little over a week until my next cruise, 1st time without covid safe guards. we'll have masks

Same here in New York. It feels a bit strange taking out my masks again, but until the winds change here, I wear my mask. I still wear them on the ship where it is crowded (theatre, going into the dining rooms etc).
I wore mine in theatre, didn't wear it going to dining rooms. Luckily it wasn't that bad. Here it's not weird wearing them, I wear it at work still anyway so no problem

On the Dream right now, very people wear masks and I've seen no crew, although some people still do and I don't think they have any issues or fancy looks.

I think it's one of the few thing the pandemic told us. People still have no clue when/how to wash hands, though.

Edited to say people cough all around the ship as they always had. I'd wish THOSE people would be less selfish, and remember masks exists and protect others. Well, so much for my faith in humanity.

We just got off of a cruise here in Europe, and we only saw a handful of people wearing masks. They were many points where I wish I still had my N 95 with me mainly the elevators. Must be a cultural thing because the ship was full of Spaniards, and they sure like to stand right up to you close in the elevators. They would squeeze in the elevators with you until the door wouldn’t shut anymore, and then they would talk and talk. There’s no personal space that’s why I wish I had masks then.

We just got off of a cruise here in Europe, and we only saw a handful of people wearing masks. They were many points where I wish I still had my N 95 with me mainly the elevators. Must be a cultural thing because the ship was full of Spaniards, and they sure like to stand right up to you close in the elevators. They would squeeze in the elevators with you until the door wouldn’t shut anymore, and then they would talk and talk. There’s no personal space that’s why I wish I had masks then.
Just FYI this is probably not a Spanish thing. We as Europeans are always amazed as to the elevators etiquette is so different across the Atlantic, up to a point we have a joke that US people don't know a clue about elevators and learn when they see one.

A guest randomly saying “hello everyone” and “have a wonderful day” when they enter/leave? Certainly European.
A guest randomly asking “is this floor X”, despite multiple screens showing current floor and a large display outside the doors? Certainly American.
A guest tired of waiting for its elevator and hitting both up/down buttons and enter the first that arrive no matter the direction? Certainly European.
A guest missing its floor “oh I forgot to press X”? Hello American.

If you like this weirdness and like even more, visit the Asian countries where etiquette is even different. Like you request an elevator by repeatedly pressing the button until the door open, and when you're in, someone must have their finger on the door close button to make sure we speed our way everytime a guest departs.

Human psychology is truly a wonder!

Back on topic with masks, I paid attention the last few days on my cruise on the Dream and yes there are some guests and even crew, with masks, both regular and N95, some families with mixed mask usage. Glad to see everyone enjoy their cruise in their safety confidence bubble!

A couple of weeks ago on the Wonder I saw probably at least 5-6 families wearing masks. We wore them on the plane going. Honestly, they were smart because we are all recovering from Covid and many on our ship mentioned getting it as well. And many from the previous got it also! One lady caught it early and they had her quarantine in her room for most the cruise. 😭

On the Dream right now, very people wear masks and I've seen no crew, although some people still do and I don't think they have any issues or fancy looks.

I think it's one of the few thing the pandemic told us. People still have no clue when/how to wash hands, though.

Edited to say people cough all around the ship as they always had. I'd wish THOSE people would be less selfish, and remember masks exists and protect others. Well, so much for my faith in humanity.
Same experience. So many people coughing not even covering their mouths! We tested positive for Covid when we got home.

Just FYI this is probably not a Spanish thing. We as Europeans are always amazed as to the elevators etiquette is so different across the Atlantic, up to a point we have a joke that US people don't know a clue about elevators and learn when they see one.

A guest randomly saying “hello everyone” and “have a wonderful day” when they enter/leave? Certainly European.
their safety confidence bubble!
A friend just got back from Japan and posted photos on Facebook in elevators there with signs that say, in ENGLISH, no talking in the elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter